Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2020, 22:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Thekkady, Periyar and Meghamalai in a Bolero

Awesome, always learnt something new from your travelogues. Albeit the journey was hectic, you are at leisure at destination, I think that's what matters most.

From your pictures, I guess the timing must have been May/June. Traveling in Tamilnadu without AC in that season is not easy especially for those who haven't habituated to such conditions. A tip here is to drive overnight or start very early and get to destination before noon.

Amazing snaps, always a delight to see through your lens. I think, this time you have kept the color temperature warmer, suits your narration as well as the season

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 10th July 2020 at 22:16.
Thermodynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 22:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

You have rekindled many memories by your beautiful narration BlackPearl, superb description through pictures as is your wont. I am now tempted to put my journeys through the south India just after reading your travelogue. And you are right, the South Indian Biryani is much different from what we get here in Calcutta though that’s the only dish that saved me the blushes from remaining hungry !! Thanks much for sharing,

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 02:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

It was a nice read. Kerala is beautiful and your travelogue has done full justice to the place. Thanks for refreshing my nice memories from South India. As I have a bad reputation of photobombing on others travelogues, I will refrain doing that this time.

One thing I find common on all your travelogues is, you always select some cosy comfortable stays with excellent food. I really like it. Even I think on the same line, the stay and food must be good after a long drive, it definitely enhances the feel good factor.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 11th July 2020 at 05:56. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 12:02   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Most of the thread from WB have been a drive to NE or the Northern part. Finally one rare thread which comes towards South

As usual very nicely written and some excellent pics there.

And I can't think about driving in Summer without AC, that too going around Chennai. You did a great job! :-)
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 22:55   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Another brilliant travelogue! Thank you for sharing
Thank you vb-san!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
What a pleasant surprise to see a South Indian travelogue from you guys. Lovely pics as usual.
Thank you blackwasp! Yes I am guilty of focussing only on Himalayan travelogues. But South India is truly beautiful and I hope to visit the rest of the places as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Wow, that was fantastic. Work and Fun both combined in one trip. Where can I apply for a job in this company?
And I envy your job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick14 View Post
Great traveloue Sumitro (as usual ). Btw you did not mention (maybe I missed) when was the trip done.
Thank you Madhav! It was done a long time back, 2013 May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunin View Post
Blackpearl, you are the reason I went confidently to get the Bolero DI Turbo 4wd in 2017.
I am happy that you like the Bolero and are not cursing me for it!! Bolero 4WD is truly an exceptional value for money utility vehicle if one can look past its flaws.

Quote:
5000 kms in a leaf sprung Bolero is quite a feat and when some normalcy returns I hope to do a trip with trusted workhorse. Incidentally, my AC has also gone for a toss too .
This lockdown is killing us. Hope you get the AC fixed soon and start travelling again.

Quote:
Going by the stock looks of your Bolero, I think the journey was done a few years back? Lovely pictures and excellent narration as always .
Yes, it was done long time back in 2013. Was going through the pics in the hard drive and found these, so thought of putting the travelogue up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatmarch View Post
Mesmerizing pictures. Great work. Please do share dates and also which camera was used to click these amazing pictures. Thanks a ton for this beautifully written travelogue.
Sorry for not mentioning the dates, it was 2013 May. The camera was Nikon D80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Very nicely done sir. Thekkady and Meghamalai are brilliant destinations.
Thanks a lot mohansrides for the lovely words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topse View Post
Also, thank you for sharing with us those beautiful photos and experience in the Western ghats in your white tusker.
Thanks a lot topse! An interesting handle! Do we have Felu Da on the forum as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelmania View Post
Travelogue from BlackPearl without the Himalayas is always an astounding perspective.
Thanks a lot Abhijit Da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Awesome, always learnt something new from your travelogues.
Thank you Thermodynamics!

Quote:
From your pictures, I guess the timing must have been May/June. Traveling in Tamilnadu without AC in that season is not easy especially for those who haven't habituated to such conditions. A tip here is to drive overnight or start very early and get to destination before noon.
Yes it was May. Thanks for the tips, will keep that in mind next time.

Quote:
Amazing snaps, always a delight to see through your lens. I think, this time you have kept the color Temperature warmer, suits well with your narration as well as the season
Thank you Thermodynamics. It might be must setting with the camera as I did not specifically change anything. But now that you have mentioned, yes the pictures look quite warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
You have rekindled many memories by your beautiful narration BlackPearl, superb description through pictures as is your wont. I am now tempted to put my journeys through the south India just after reading your travelogue. And you are right, the South Indian Biryani is much different from what we get here in Calcutta though that’s the only dish that saved me the blushes from remaining hungry !! Thanks much for sharing,

Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
It was a nice read. Kerala is beautiful and your travelogue has done full justice to the place.
Thank you Samba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
One thing I find common on all your travelogues is, you always select some cosy comfortable stays with excellent food. I really like it. Even I think on the same line, the stay and food must be good after a long drive, it definitely enhances the feel good factor.
Yes, long time back a senior person had given this advice. He had said that you will not be able to concentrate and drive properly on a long trip if you dont get proper rest. Neat and tidy rooms with a clean bathroom are a must for a 5000 Km trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Most of the thread from WB have been a drive to NE or the Northern part. Finally one rare thread which comes towards South
Guilty as charged! Hopefully will able to change that in coming years and redeem myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
As usual very nicely written and some excellent pics there.

And I can't think about driving in Summer without AC, that too going around Chennai. You did a great job! :-)
Thanks a lot arun_josie!
BlackPearl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 06:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I have hardly put up any thread on our trips in the southern part of India.
Dear Blackpearl (Sumitro Da), Have been reading your travelogues for long but now, I am a recently joined member to TBhp, can finally comment and thank you for these awesome stories you have shared over the years. Love reading them. Coming to this particular one, fantastic. Really courageous of you to drive in Chennai and beyond without AC. I am surprised Bolero being a workhorse, it took so much effort to get it rectified. Good thing to learn from your experience is to be able to do little bit of trouble shooting for one’s own car in such cases at Highways.

Lastly, heard so much about this beautiful place – Meghamalai from many of the nice Travelogues from the forum members so will try to include this in one of my own sometime.
swarnava.ch is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 18:20   #22
BHPian

The greenery, hills, sky and the water and those mouth-watering roads are sight for sore eyes and a lifeline for the parched souls during these social distancing and lockdown days. Thank you for sharing Blackpearl!
saleem_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 10:42   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Dear Blackpearl (Sumitro Da), Have been reading your travelogues for long but now, I am a recently joined member to TBhp, can finally comment and thank you for these awesome stories you have shared over the years. Love reading them.
Thanks a lot swarnava.ch for the lovely words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
I am surprised Bolero being a workhorse, it took so much effort to get it rectified.
My Bolero is the LX 4WD version and it did not come with factory fitted AC. Since the AC was fitted from outside and is basically a "jugaad", it is very difficult to gets issues rectified from regular workshops. It gave us trouble during our second Ladakh trip as well and it was a nightmare driving in Delhi in peak afternoon at 50 degree Celsius. Chennai was far better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
The greenery, hills, sky and the water and those mouth-watering roads are sight for sore eyes and a lifeline for the parched souls during these social distancing and lockdown days. Thank you for sharing Blackpearl!
Thanks a lot saleem_k!
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:07   #24
BHPian

Great travelogue Blackpearl I always enjoy reading your logs. Doing a 5000 kms trip in a Bolero with leafspring is no mean feat and many will not even dare try this in their wildest dreams. I can corelate as I drive a MM550 without ac, ps and other creature comforts.
Jajabor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 08:58   #25
BHPian

How did you even manage to travel in that heat without a AC man?? Hats off to you . All the time while reading I could relate to you driving without AC. I faced a similar situation in a Ford Fiesta which was given to me as a loaner vehicle. Too bad it was...

BTW, the pictures are beautiful and very detailed travelogue. THANKS.
SK01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 03:22   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajabor View Post
Great travelogue Blackpearl I always enjoy reading your logs.
Thank you Jajabor! I like your handle since I understand the meaning of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK01 View Post
How did you even manage to travel in that heat without a AC man??
I love the tropical weather and to be honest I like hot and humid weather more than cold. So it is not a big problem for me. But my wife is exactly opposite, so it was quite painful for her. It is still fine when the vehicle is moving, but it gets unbearable in traffic jams and city pollution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK01 View Post
BTW, the pictures are beautiful and very detailed travelogue. THANKS.
Thank you SK01!
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks