Team-BHP > Travelogues

Old 4th August 2020, 15:47   #91

Default Re: An unexpected and surprising visit to Pakistan

Hyderabad ORR is excellent, and most vehicles do stick to their lane. No toll slow downs except on the exit and entry ramps. Even that is becoming easier with dedicated FastTag lanes.

Another highway with no slowdowns for tolls is the the Outer Beltway of Raleigh, North Carolina ("540") It has high speed cameras that take photographs of the license plates of vehicles. The car owners get a bill based on distance traveled. Cars equipped with QuickPass get a discounted rate. There's no slowing down either on the highway, or at the entry/exit ramps.

Nice travelogue to Pakistan!
Old 4th August 2020, 18:23   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Not that we did not go out for some better meals.
Impressive thread Np23. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have keen interest in Pre Partition History and have read some literature about the undivided Panjab. I was posted in Amritsar for two years and seeing your pics one can make out how similar are the two iconic trading towns of Lahore and Amritsar.

Food street culture, slang, spoken language, juttis we share a lot in common. Off topic, I must recommend to all members a Play by Mumbai based ANK Theatre Group titled "Jis Lahore Ni Vekhya O Jamya Nahi" (English Translation - “One who has not seen Lahore has not been born”). Doubt if its still relevant today.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th August 2020 at 18:29. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 4th August 2020, 20:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Most Pakistanis can't afford to pay toll, that's the reason they don't have toll booths.

What's up with all the giant flags behind so many cars, they're completely obstructing the rear view. Is this video around their independence day?
I would guess that that is indeed the case. It is around their independence day.
Old 6th August 2020, 13:27   #94
BHPian

WOW this is great to see. I have plenty of colleagues in my office from Pakistan and some of them shares me their village pictures and it's really beautiful.

The roads and some of the infrastructures shown in your pics are amazing and is beyond my expectation.

Most Viewed