Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2020, 16:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Petrolhead's Eurotrip experience on a budget! Lots of automotive experiences @ 2 lakhs / perso

Nice travelogue there. You sure had a great time.

On another note, the 'Saadanam kaiyyil unde' guy looked oddly familiar. Thats when I realised he is Christy. An online friend I made during Orkut days

The world is small.
Old 10th August 2020, 16:53   #47
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A Petrolhead's Eurotrip experience on a budget! Lots of automotive experiences @ 2 lakhs / perso

Wow such a brilliant thread krishnaprasadgg. This can't get better for a petrolhead.

I envy you for doing such a wonderful trip with the 'boys'. I am sure the Moto GP experience would have been truly surreal. Would love to see some videos from San Marino !
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 16:59   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
Amazing travelogue krishnaprasadgg. I don’t remember seeing any other thread with so many clicks Looks like you had a well-planned but a tight schedule, visiting so many places. Amazing variety of cars, bikes and places.

“Sadanam kayyilunde” could not stop laughing, reminded me of the typical conversation among us when we were new to International travels What a “secret code” , finding the right person without a single word being uttered.
Thanks for the kind words sgm.
Yes it was a very tight schedule, we did not even have a single free/relax day during our trip. Everyday involved moving around checking in or out of hotels and lots of walking.

Haha. The code was a good touch. We lost the golden opportunity of a "Mukyamanthri raaji vekuka" card for the GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Nice travelogue there. You sure had a great time.

On another note, the 'Saadanam kaiyyil unde' guy looked oddly familiar. Thats when I realised he is Christy. An online friend I made during Orkut days

The world is small.
Thanks for the kind words vibbs.

Man, such a small world indeed. I'll pass on the message to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wow such a brilliant thread krishnaprasadgg. This can't get better for a petrolhead.

I envy you for doing such a wonderful trip with the 'boys'. I am sure the Moto GP experience would have been truly surreal. Would love to see some videos from San Marino !
Thanks for the kind words //M.
Oh it was a very surreal experience. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about the sounds of the machine and the electrifying and passionate crowd there.
I have some 5-6 videos with me, I'll upload them in some free time and post it up here.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 06:33   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Are you planning to update the France leg of your trip?
My friend has written about our France leg of the trip here. It's his personal blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Would love to see some videos from San Marino !
Here you go. All are short clips but I think it captures the spirit of it.

Moto E

Just before MotoGP starting

The MotoGP riders going out for formation lap. Watch till the end to see the welcome Rossi gets.

MotoGP Race

The View while exiting the circuit

Enjoy

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 19:21   #50
BHPian

Lovely. There is something magical about watching a live MotoGp race. That too in Italy. That too the proverbial stone throw from Tavullia. That too if it is the first MotoGP race.

This reminds me of my trip to Bethlehem (it is what I call Tavullia) and Mugello.

Maybe it is time to stop conducting a pogrom of my time on Netflix and Youtube and probably honour the memory with a memoir.

Because god knows it is about time (It was 9 years ago.)

Thanks again for the flood of memories.

The Nurburgring is killer, both figuratively and realistically. It's on the bucket list, time to butcher the piggy bank.

Tkare.
forty6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 15:43   #51
BHPian

Nice thread, a welcome difference from family tour pics and this looks like a proper enthusiast trip.

Hopefully i will get to visit Italy soon, i've been to MotoGP at Qatar once in 2017, now since 2018 we cannot fly from Dubai to Qatar due to ban on Qatar by other GCC nations

I have been planning for a drive at Nurburgring for past 2 years and was hoping to do it in 2020. But corona had other plans

When i did my research on self driven trackday at Nurburgring, i figured out i need at least 50k aed (10 lakhs INR) balance on my credit card to take care of worst case scenario
  1. Cheapest is a track spec Swift sport, Renault Clio or Ford Fiesta (6k euros minimum as security deposit)
  2. Insurance only covers any damages to the car
  3. If you crash into a barrier, you have to pay from your pocket for repairing the barriers (charges are per meter)
  4. If you crash, then you need to call recovery truck and you've to pay for recovery truck and driver
  5. What if you got hit by another car and then your car go and hit the barriers, still you have to pay for damages you make to the barriers
  6. What if you hit another car and no other damages to track - If the other car is insured, you've some luck. Otherwise it needs to be settled depending on other driver. The website also says, you can go to nearest police station to sort out things if other person is not willing for an expected settlement amount.

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 25th August 2020 at 15:47.
Old 26th August 2020, 11:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
When i did my research on self driven trackday at Nurburgring, i figured out i need at least 50k aed (10 lakhs INR) balance on my credit card to take care of worst-case scenario
Thanks for the kind words.

Now the points you have listed are very true, tbh it felt very intimidating to us even when we were in the taxi lap. The fear that something might screw up and cause a lot of expense, but once we did the lap it kinda got better. Yes, the risks are there, and yes it's very expensive if you crash. But the good part of the TF days is that you don't need to be driving/riding quickly to go around the track. Just take it easy and give way when faster vehicles come through. That's about it.

Now as far as other vehicles coming and hitting you, nothing much can be done about that. So it doesn't matter.

Cheers
Krishna

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks