Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 16:01   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Wanna plan out 15th August to Goa? Lemme know! Driving with family and we can take turns driving so wont be too stressful!
I already have made plans for a goa trip on Aug 15th. But, with friends. Why don't you round up some of your friends and join up in your car?
Old 17th June 2008, 16:11   #107
Senior - BHPian

This thread is official Hyd Goa planner thread i think. Will have to plan an publish here.
Old 17th June 2008, 22:53   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
This thread is official Hyd Goa planner thread i think. Will have to plan an publish here.
Your right. When you next plan for goa, please use this thread!
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:28   #109
BHPian

hey i am also interested in driving down to goa in aug hope i can come along

btw hows the season in aug will it be dry any tourists???/
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:04   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
originally quoted by zappo--
From Sankeshwar you catch the highway to belgaum... . From Belgaum take a left and then cross under the flyover... take right. And then again gun your engines. You will soon reach Ghat sections. This is the route via Amboli and Sawantwadi.
if one is going towards amboli, sawantwadi from sankeshwar, you need not go to belgaum. you take the rout snkeshwar-gadhinglaj-ajra-amboli-sawantwadi.
by this road, you will save 50km as compared to sankeshwar-belgaum-amboli rout.
road is good though district road.
Old 25th June 2008, 17:08   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
hey i am also interested in driving down to goa in aug hope i can come along

btw hows the season in aug will it be dry any tourists???/
Hey Mustang, We are 4 guys driving down to Goa on 14th Aug ( early morning) and planning to return on Aug 18th or 19th. So if you too are planning to drive with your friends in your car, most welcome to join. It would be more fun drive in 2 cars. Our hotel booking is also done. So plan and confirm back asap!

I have been to Goa several times during monsoon and absolutely love it. It is green and lush everywhere and amazing landscapes to enjoy.

The party scene is also good if not great, just remember people go to Goa irrespective of the month of year so you will always find some party scene there.
Old 13th August 2008, 10:41   #112

Hi,

Wanted to double check that the Belagum-Londa-Ponda (NH4A) has been recarpeted. Last I heard was that NH4A was dirt track and for a big section there was no road at all. I will be driving down to Goa from Pune and have always stuck to Pune-Nippani-Uttur-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi route. Since I am driving down to south goa am tempted to take NH4A (Belagum-Londa-Ponda) route if it has been recarpted.

Thanks
Akshay
Old 13th August 2008, 12:16   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayo View Post
Hi,

Wanted to double check that the Belagum-Londa-Ponda (NH4A) has been recarpeted. Last I heard was that NH4A was dirt track and for a big section there was no road at all. I will be driving down to Goa from Pune and have always stuck to Pune-Nippani-Uttur-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi route. Since I am driving down to south goa am tempted to take NH4A (Belagum-Londa-Ponda) route if it has been recarpted.

Thanks
Akshay
Belgaum-Londa road is in bad condition, avoid it. Stick to the sawantwadi route even if its longer.

Check the Goa route query thread and the Meet thread.

If possible, Join up for the inter state meet in Goa on Aug 16
Old 21st September 2008, 19:55   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Belgaum-Londa road is in bad condition, avoid it. Stick to the sawantwadi route even if its longer.

Check the Goa route query thread and the Meet thread.

If possible, Join up for the inter state meet in Goa on Aug 16
Hey guys, any updates on the road condition from Belgaum-Londa-Ponda?
I plan to return from Goa on that route, and go via the Amboli ghat route. hvkumar suggested I take the Ponda route on the return.Though I infer that the route is ok now, I just wanted to know if anyone has been on that route in the recent past?

Last edited by vnabhi : 21st September 2008 at 19:57.
Old 25th September 2008, 09:44   #115

I did the Belgaum-Londa-Ponda strech is last week of Aug. Excerpts from my thread on the same @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...pune-trip.html

"Started at 10:00 AM from Belgaum, drove through Belagum city to hit NH4A. Had done this route 3 yrs back, with new reports that NH4A has been re-laid was all excited about the new NH4A. NH4A is better till Londa but an observation, that road is narrow and since it supposed to be done up, at many place the road is at least 6 inches higher then ground, so with oncoming traffic on has to be real careful to stay on the road.

NH4A was a good drive till Londa, after Londa faced the old wrath of NH4A, the strech after Londa is same as it was 3 yrs back,
at many places there is no road at all and even if there is a road it is a big roller coaster ride. The wrath of truck loaded with iron ore between this strech can be seen on the road.

The climb down through the ghat after that dirt track ride was not that pleasant. The road is all patchy in places and heavy traffic of trucks loaded with iron ore. At Ponda took the NH17B out of Ponda to reach Marago and then from Margao to Cavelossim. Reached Cavelossim at 1:30 PM.

Covered the distance of 180 kms from Belagum-Cavelossim in 3.5 hrs."
Old 25th September 2008, 13:29   #116
Senior - BHPian

Many thanks, Akshayo for the feedback. Looks like I'll stick to the Sawantwadi route both ways.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:56   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Many thanks, Akshayo for the feedback. Looks like I'll stick to the Sawantwadi route both ways.
Venu, my experience is not to experiment while on driving on highways. When you know one specific route is good, do stick to the same.

I have always stuck to the route that i have taken in my last 4-5 road trips except for once when i took a different route and faced a nightmare.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:59   #118
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Avi. Will call you on Tue or Wed. Leaving for Vizag on a short trip now.
Old 16th December 2008, 01:12   #119
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,
I am planning a Hyderabad - Gokarna drive this Saturday and following is the route that microsoft (maps.live.co.in) supplied me with)

Hyderabad - Raichur-Sindhunur-Kushtagi-RajendraGarh-Gadag-Hubli/Dharwad-Yellapur-Ankola-Gokarna
My question is - how good is the Sindhunur-Kushtagi-RajendraGarh-Gadag-Hubli/Dharwad-Yellapur-Ankola-Gokarna route..have drive till Sindhunur a couple of time and reasonably satisfied with the roads till then..

Any comments / suggestions will be appreciated
Old 17th March 2009, 21:45   #120
BHPian

thanks!

me and wifey just completed a hyderabad-goa trip in my i10. We followed the hyderabad-humnabad-gulbarga-bijapur-belgaum-amboli-savantwadi-calangute route. A big thanks to everyone (esp. Zappo) for the route details. Roads were excellent (except for the Amboli-Savantwadi stretch) and we did good time both ways.

Details below
TO
Started at 5 PM from Gachibowli.
-> Hyderabad-Zahirabad-Humnabad: Road good till 30 kms from Patancheru and then is bad. Good thing is you are off this road very quick.
-> Humnabad-Gulbarga-Bijapur (SH12). Great road, period.
Reached Bijapur at 11 PM. Stayed at Pearls Inn. Everything was great except for the bed-bugs! Guys, avoid this hotel.
Next day started at 8.30 AM after visting the Gol Gumbaz.
->Bijapur-Athani->Chikodi->Belgaum->Amboli->Savantwadi-Calangute
Reached Calangute by 3PM.

FRO
Same route, stayed at Hotel Kanishka International in Bijapur. No bed-bugs, but no hot water or room service before 7 am! Started at 12 from Calangute, and reached Bijapur at 7.30 PM. Next morning started at 6.30 and reached Miyapur junction at 1 PM.

Thanks once again guys!

Most Viewed