Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2020, 11:06   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue

Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip

Pandemic has thrown a lot many unimaginable challenges to everyone and I was no exception. My parents were getting bored after staying locked inside an apartment flat for over 7 months on the trot. Risk was all over the place so I took a call to move back to my hometown.
Challenges in front of me were:
  • My first long drive. Longest drive, for me, until date was to Coorg ~260 kms; driving at a stretch and as a single driver.
  • Parents age (72 & 65) was not suitable for very long hours of sitting in a place.
  • Restless kid below 5 years.
  • Wife has motion sickness on ghat roads
After a lot of contemplation and motivation from my dear friends, I decided to take a plunge.
The all-new Hyundai Creta BS6 was all set to haul the long highways.

Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue-img_20200915_175549-1.jpg

Luckily, another friend decided to join me in the drive in his Mahindra XUV500, another beast.
We had done a couple of Goa drive downs in that and we knew the tremendous capability of that car (with four drivers though). It was time to test the mettle of the all-new Y2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT BS6. It has a 1500 cc Petrol engine with IVT (~CVT) automatic transmission.
Usual drive routes to Bhubaneswar from Bangalore would be through Chittoor, Tirupati, Nellore, Vijayawada and up North, with a stopover somewhere around Vijayawada/Rajahmundry but that would make both the day’s journey a very hectic and long hauls of 15/16 hours on each day. That would be very taxing on my family members.
Therefore, I decided to split it into 3 days 9 hours – 13 hours – 9 hours drives (as per Google Maps): Bangalore to Hyderabad, Hyderabad to Vishakhapatnam and then Vishakhapatnam to Cuttack.
To ensure we are safe to exposure – we had carried our own food to avoid outside food as much as possible.
We also booked at five star Hotels to ensure highest possible safety of hygiene and sanitization – Hyatt Gachibowli at Hyderabad and The Park Hotel at Vishakhapatnam.
I tanked up fuel and checked tyre pressure at Shell Petrol Pump at Bommasandra close to my house the night prior to the date of travel.
Finally, with the best possible planning we began the journey from our house in Electronic City in Bangalore on Thursday - 01OCT2020 and reached Cuttack on Saturday – 03OCT2020.

TOTAL TRIP SUMMARY:
Total Distance Covered: 1792.4 kms
Overall Mileage: 16.6 kmpl
Total Drive Hours: 35.21 hours
Total Toll Paid: 2195 INR

01OCT2020 – Thursday - Day-1: Electronic City, Bangalore to Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli

We started at 5:08 AM, went via Electronic City Flyover, Bellandur (our friend couple joined us at Deverabeesanahalli) and KR Puram then to Hebbal to hit the AH45.
Roads are narrow and bad near Manyata Tech Park due to the ongoing construction.
Our first breakfast, tea and bio break was next to a tollgate near Bagepalli (close to Hindupur). Neat toilets.

Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue-img_20201001_074217_edited.jpg
  • Start Time: 5:08 AM
  • Stop Time: 7:38 AM
  • Drive Time: 2 hours 8 mins
  • Idle Time: 21 mins
  • Distance Covered: 134 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 53 kmph
  • Tolls Paid:
  • Electronic City – 50 (05:24:57)
  • Devanahalli Toll Plaza – 95 (06:41:36)
  • Bagepalli Toll Plaza – 95 (07:35:49)
Post Breakfast we proceeded on AH45 and we stopped only at lunch for some stretching up, lunch and bio break for my parents. We stopped a little after Kurnool at a service lane near Monapad. This stretch had smooth roads with clear visibility of about two kms or so. There was one hard breaking due to a cow, which meandered into the highway.
  • Start Time: 8:13 AM
  • Stop Time: 12:11 AM
  • Drive Time: 3 hours 38 mins
  • Idle Time: 20 mins
  • Distance Covered: 266 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 66 kmph
  • Tolls Paid
  • Marur toll plaza – 115 (09:21:43)
  • Kasepalli toll plaza – 105 (10:17:21)
  • Amakthadu toll plaza – 110 (11:06:42)
  • Pullur toll plaza – 110 (12:06:26)
Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue-img_20201001_122018.jpg

After a good long break and a heavy lunch (home cooked Thepla & Chole) we moved on only to break for Tea/Coffee at Balanagar next to Mahbubnagar.
  • Start Time: 12:43 PM
  • Stop Time: 2:33 PM
  • Drive Time: 1 hour 48 mins
  • Distance Covered: 129 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 69 kmph
  • Tolls Paid
  • Sakapur Toll plaza – 65 (13:53:28)
After a good 20 mins break we proceeded for the last lap of the journey to our stay in Hyderabad. As we approached the city-limits, the roads became crowded with usual unruly 2-wheeler traffic. The Outer Ring Road is just a bliss to drive. It is a sheer beauty to drive in that road. We reached the hotel by 4:13 PM. A few additional formalities like sanitization of luggage and declarations need to be signed-in as a part of the protocol at the time of check-in.
  • Start Time: 2:53 PM
  • Stop Time: 4:13 PM
  • Drive Time: 1 hour 13 mins
  • Idle Time: 7 mins
  • Distance Covered: 73 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 53 kmph
  • Tolls:
  • Raikal Toll Plaza – 65 (15:10:09)
  • Nanakramguda (ORR) Toll Plaza – 40 (16:03:49)
Thanks to another friend who was generous enough to come and provide us a sumptuous dinner – Tamarind Rice and Curd Rice. We slept early so that we could have a jet start early in the morning.

02OCT2020 – Friday - Day-2: Hyatt Gachibowli, Hyderabad to The Park Hotel, Vizag

We had planned an early start on Day-2 but we got late, we also had to go to Vanasthalipuram in Hyderabad to pick up our home cooked food for the day. Hence, the start from Hyderabad was quite late contrary to our plans.

Hyatt Gachibowli is a very nice hotel – very well maintained and very high standards of hygiene and sanitization. The staff was very courteous. They ensured that our stay is comfortable and hassle free.

Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue-img_20201002_053730.jpg

We again took the outer ring road, which was an immaculate beauty in the early morning. Google map took us here and there to get into the Outer Ring Road but once we were there, it was a sheer pleasure. I just touched the full throttle for few seconds in this stretch.
  • Start Time: 5:41 AM
  • Stop Time: 6:54 AM
  • Drive Time: 1 hour 1 min
  • Idle Time: 11 mins
  • Distance Covered: 67 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 54 kmph
  • Toll
  • Bongulur (ORR) Toll Plaza – 90 (06:43:34)
After a quick chitchat session with our family friends with masks on and with adequate social distancing, we picked up our food and started towards Vijayawada at 7:09 AM – in no time we hit the Vijayawada Highway – NH65. As soon as we started, we started feeling hungry and I had to tank up. Therefore, we started looking out for Reliance Petrol Pump. Just about 15 kms after the city limits there was one Reliance Petrol Pump on the left at Choutuppal. It had a huge space for parking and resting. We utilized that space to savor the hot idly and chutney. The piping hot coffee was a pure bliss.

Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue-img_20201002_080647collage.jpg
  • Start Time: 7:09 AM
  • Stop Time: 7:52 AM
  • Drive Time: 32 mins
  • Distance Covered: 25 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 34 kmph

After a heavy breakfast we moved on towards Vijayawada on NH65 – this stretch of road initially was a little potholed but later it became better, but the traffic was heavy and we found some rash & reckless drivers. We stopped at Jaggayyapeta for a quick stretch and bio breaks. We were drinking a lot of water to keep ourselves hydrated.
  • Start Time: 8:37 AM
  • Stop Time: 10:55 AM
  • Drive Time: 2 hours 12 mins
  • Idle Time: 6 mins
  • Distance Covered: 166 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 71 kmph
  • Toll
  • Pantangi Toll Plaza – 80 (08:57:41)
    Koralaphad Toll Plaza – 105 (09:43:34)
    Chillakallu Toll Plaza – 90 (10:54:16)
Again after a 15 mins break we resumed the journey towards Vijayawada on NH65. Do not follow Google Maps as it will take you inside Vijayawada city – rather take the Inner Ring road as rightly suggested by many bloggers earlier. Vijayawada city traffic is dense. We finally stopped for lunch in a Reliance Petrol bunk in Unguturu after Vijayawada. After Vijaywada we took NH5/AH45 (Eluru Road). Here the endless saga of diversions begin.
  • Start Time: 11:09 AM
  • Stop Time: 1:35 PM
  • Drive Time: 2 hours 14 mins
  • Distance Covered: 103 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 41 kmph
  • Toll
  • Keesara Plaza (NH-65), (old NH-9) Toll – 55 (11:36:52)
We had a filling lunch (Pongal/khichdi) at the Reliance Petrol Pump and then continued towards Vishakhapatnam – we followed Here Maps and stuck to Highway – did not detour as was suggested by Google Maps – which might be a shorter route but is surely not the right way. Stick to the Highway only.

This stretch of Road has some major potholes and diversions due to the road expansion project. My car crashed into many potholes big and small but the all-new Hyundai Creta 2020 BS6 took all those in a stride. Did not have any major “jerk out of the seat” moments but it was well managed with just a “thud”. I really appreciate Hyundai for this much-improved suspension and superb braking.

It was very hot in the afternoon and we took a small refreshment brake but we did not switch off the AC and the car was idling on for a long time. In the entire journey, this was the most dreaded, tiring and bad drive. Finally, we took a tea and stretching and bio brake near Annavaram at around 7:30 PM.
  • Start Time: 1:59 PM
  • Stop Time: 7:33 PM
  • Drive Time: 4 hours 25 mins
  • Idle Time: 69 mins
  • Distance Covered: 237 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 42 kmph
  • Tolls
  • Kalaparru Toll Plaza – 35 (14:48:12)
    Unguturu Toll Plaza – 90 (15:37:25)
    Eethakota Toll Plaza – 100 (16:32:08)
    Krishnavaram Toll Plaza – 85 (18:54:21)
The last lap of the journey began and we were determined to reach the hotel in one shot. The roads were good now but as it was dark (but well-marked highway with reflectors); we did not drive very fast. Our energy levels were dipping – son began getting cranky, parents were getting a little restless.

The Air Purifier in the Hyundai Creta BS6 2020 SX variant and above is a very valuable inclusion. AC is very good for Bangalore weather conditions but when we came to the east coast, it looked a little under-performing, especially in rear seat.

After Anakapalle the traffic all of a sudden doubled with very heavy truck movement – these were the long and big trucks mostly catering to the Port and/or Steel Plant.
  • Start Time: 7:49 PM
  • Stop Time: 10:58 PM
  • Drive Time: 2 hours 25 mins
  • Idle Time: 19 mins
  • Distance Covered: 130 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 46 kmph
  • Tolls
  • Vempadu Toll Plaza – 115 (20:23:19)
We then checked in to The Park Hotel. It was late at night we all were dead tired by then. We had Sattu (Brand: Manna) for dinner, quick and easy to make and extremely filling. Sattu is nothing but horse/Bengal gram or chana that is roasted & grounded to make a coarse powder; it is a very popular source of nutrition in Northern India.

We finally retired for the day at about 1 AM.

03OCT2020 – Saturday – Day-3: The Park Hotel, Vizag to Cuttack

It was 7:30 AM and the alarm bell had been snoozed for the fifth time. Finally, we woke up when my father came to wake us up, there was no body ache but we were feeling lazy. We had a cup of Tea and then came down to the parking lot to examine the car before set forth for the journey. To my surprise, the whole car was painted with white and yellow bird poop. It would have been impossible to proceed the journey without cleaning them. On request, the Hotel staff redirected us to a car wash close by but it would have taken time, as there was a long queue, so we returned to the Hotel – looking at the condition of the car, the Hotel attendant showed us a tap and hosepipe – to do it myself.

All this took time. We were late due to this. We had Bananas, Bread, Butter and Jam for Breakfast.

The Park Hotel is an Old Property with a decent reputation. Staff is courteous and helpful as well.

Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue-img_20201003_074056.jpg

We finally started at 11:12 AM and enjoyed the beautiful seaside road drive; went all the way to GITAMS before hitting the National Highway. I was looking out for a Fuel Station to tank up but we had to skip most of them as none was on the Highway; we had to take the service roads to reach out to the Petrol station. We finally reached out to a Reliance Petrol Pump (thanks to Google Maps). Please keep in mind these service lanes are in a precarious condition especially would be critical for small cars.

On reaching the Reliance Petrol Pump, we were surprised to learn that they took only cash and will not give a receipt. I found it to be very unlikely on a Reliance Petrol Pump so I decided to skip it as well. By then it was raining very heavily as it was forecasted. I did not want to take a chance with low fuel levels so we finally refilled in a BPCL Petrol Tank near Periyamman Temple in Pusapatirega, close to Vizianagaram; they also took only cash so I had to refuel for about 4000 rupees. Please beware, this fuel seem to be not as good as my mileage dipped in the last day of the travel. In the entire episode, we lost a lot of time.
  • Start Time: 11:12 AM
  • Stop Time: 1:00 PM
  • Drive Time: 1 hour 28 mins
  • Idle Time: 19 mins
  • Distance Covered: 63 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 34 kmph
  • Tolls
  • Nathavalasa Toll Plaza – 50 (12:30:26)
Due to some anxious moments and heavy rain, we needed a break to calm our nerves and we were hungry by then as well. Therefore, after some time at around 1:27 PM we stopped for lunch near a Bharat Petroleum Station in Ponduru. Road condition is brilliant in this stretch.
  • Start Time: 1:00 PM
  • Stop Time: 1:27 PM
  • Drive Time: 22 mins
  • Idle Time: 4 mins
  • Distance Covered: 26 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 58 kmph

As we were lagging behind after planned schedule, we attempted to make it up. We drove straight to Odisha and stopped at Lanjipolli in Berhampur. Road condition is top notch but it had few diversions in places due to the expansion projects. We had to hard brake in one occasion inside Odisha due to a cow.
  • Start Time: 1:51 PM
  • Stop Time: 4:48 PM
  • Drive Time: 2 hours 48 mins
  • Idle Time: 8 mins
  • Distance Covered: 170 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 56 kmph
  • Tolls
  • Chilakpelam Toll Plaza – 45 (13:55:27)
    Madapam Toll Plaza – 30 (14:25:16)
    Laxmipuram Toll Plaza – 120 (15:18:22)
    Bellupada Toll Plaza – 95 (16:19:20)
Our friend’s relative brought us some lip-smacking homemade paratha and tea; this was supposed to be our lunch as per our planned schedule. This was a much-needed break; however as the place where we met them was not clean enough so we moved ahead and found a Reliance Petrol Pump at Chamakhandi. We literally hogged down the food.
  • Start Time: 5:13 PM
  • Stop Time: 5:26 PM
  • Drive Time: 10 mins
  • Idle Time: 1 min
  • Distance Covered: 8 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 41 kmph

Completely recharged with the tummy fuel, we then proceeded on the final lap; the East Coast gets dark sooner and hence by this time it was already getting dark. The dusk time is called “Godhuli-bela” in this part of the country – it depicts the time when the herds of cows (“GO”)/buffaloes return home from their grazing grounds; but lo – we had all of them on the Highway – “literally”. They were all over the place, meandering around, crossing the highway unmindfully and sitting tight on the fast lane.

There were instances in which bikes and even tractors came on the wrong lane with ease forcing us to squeeze in and slow down.

This stretch, if done during the daytime, is a very scenic route skirting Chilika Lake on the right and Tangi Forest range on the left. I so repent the delay in our planned schedule.

Barring a few places where there were diversions, the tarmac was very well laid and very broad. However, there are no reflectors and/or marking which makes it extremely dark post sunset.

The next stop was at our traveling friend’s Home at Patrpada in Bhubaneswar, where they closed their journey and we stopped for a short tea break. I was excited but Home was still a few miles away.
  • Start Time: 5:43 PM
  • Stop Time: 8:46 PM
  • Drive Time: 3 hours
  • Idle Time: 3 mins
  • Distance Covered: 151 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 48 kmph
  • Tolls
  • Gurapali Toll Plaza – 85 (18:39:10)
    Gudipada or Gangapada Toll plaza – 75 (19:58:33)
By this time, all of us especially my parents were getting agitated and desperate for reaching home. We had to drop a bag that we ferried in from Bangalore, at Patia, close to Infocity in Bhubaneswar's IT Corridor; it was a detour from the highway but still we had a way to Cuttack from there. After all the rounds, we finally reached home at 10:20 PM.
  • Start Time: 9:08 PM
  • Stop Time: 10:20 PM
  • Drive Time: 1 hour
  • Idle Time: 10 mins
  • Distance Covered: 34 kms
  • Avg. Speed: 26 kmph

TOTAL TRIP SUMMARY:
  • Total Distance Covered: 1792.4 kms
  • Overall Mileage: 16.6 kmpl
  • Total Drive Hours: 35.21 hours
  • Total Toll Paid: 2195 INR

The Milometer Reading

Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue-img_20201003_222502.jpg

Finally Home Sweet Home – and what a Drive!

Read this for more about my hometown Cuttack - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuttack

Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue-img_20201010_174340.jpg
BIL2_HGi10 is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 15:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip: A detailed travelogue

About the all-new Hyundai Creta BS6 SX IVT 1.5 Petrol

My main observations on this car, from the trip summarized above, are as follows:
  • We were fully loaded – with 4 adults, 1 kid and luggage to the brim and yet the power of the 1.5 liter petrol automatic engine always felt adequate and I had no issues whatsoever during overtaking, picking up speeds and during sudden surges.
  • The suspension is soft and classy – it stole my heart. The road between Vijayawada to Rajahmundry is in a terrible with potholes of all shapes and sizes – large, small, deep and shallow, but this car did not lose its ground ever. It was rock steady at high speeds, around the corners and during these thuds.
  • Rear Seat comfort is also top notch – under thigh support, legroom, headroom and cushioning. My aged parents could comfortably cruise the long distance.
  • One more mention that is worthwhile is of the connected Bluelink feature; after a long day’s drive when we checked into the Park Hotel in Vizag, we were already very late, tired and hungry. After I brought the luggage and all into the room, Bluelink informed me that the trunk door did not close properly. It might sound trivial but it was a savior.
  • Got a pretty good mileage in the long haul even though the driving was erratic with so many diversions, potholes, traffic etc.

Overall a very comfortable ride; a validation of which has been given by my father who is a retired automobile engineer who made the erstwhile Ambassador and Contessa cars till about 2 decades ago.

So a 100/100 to the Hyundai Creta BS6
BIL2_HGi10 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 19:31   #3
BHPian

Very nicely written and a pleasure to read the travelog. Was there any Covid-19 checks or passes required when crossing state boundaries?

I had driven Trivandrum-Chennai-Nellore-Vijaywada-Bhadrachalam-Jagdalpur-Bilaspur-Pendra Road in January 2020. The traffic in Vijaywada is crazy, and Google maps and the GPS on the Duster AWD gave up in Vijaywada, so we had to drive blind to cross the city.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 19:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Now that would be a motivation for some people to take up long drives. For those who haven't driven long enough to driver longer.

Incredible details you have mentioned, like putting the time stamps to the last :minute: digit.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 19:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Very nicely written and a pleasure to read the travelog. Was there any Covid-19 checks or passes required when crossing state boundaries?

I had driven Trivandrum-Chennai-Nellore-Vijaywada-Bhadrachalam-Jagdalpur-Bilaspur-Pendra Road in January 2020. The traffic in Vijaywada is crazy, and Google maps and the GPS on the Duster AWD gave up in Vijaywada, so we had to drive blind to cross the city.
Thank you - I am glad you liked the write up.
No more checking with respect to COVID19. I think post unlock now there are no restrictions on inter-state travel.

You can use "Here Maps" instead of "Google Maps" - you can download them offline. It is more accurate and reliable than Google Maps.

Vijayawada City traffic can be avoided to some extent by taking the Inner Ring Road.

Happy Driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Now that would be a motivation for some people to take up long drives. For those who haven't driven long enough to driver longer.

Incredible details you have mentioned, like putting the time stamps to the last :minute: digit.
Thank you!
Yes, people should drive more and drive safe.
I was motivated by a friend to take risk - a well calculated risk.

Thanks to Technology - I got all the timestamp of my travel.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th October 2020 at 11:44. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 25th October 2020, 15:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIL2_HGi10 View Post

About the all-new Hyundai Creta BS6 SX IVT 1.5 Petrol

So a 100/100 to the Hyundai Creta BS6
That was a pretty awesome travelogue and the kind of details and the time stamp you have maintained is Incredible.

Good to know that the Creta performed brilliantly.
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 15:45   #7
BHPian

Lovely write up. I have done quite a bit of touring in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, and you post brought back those memories.

A couple of questions:

1. Do you have any issues with the ground clearance of the vehicle given it was as loaded as this?

2. The boot space seems to need some stuffing to hold all that baggage. Was it a chore to deal with? Did you have to frequently adjust it for optium views in the IRVM?

Quote:
Thanks to Technology - I got all the timestamp of my travel.
Amen! Could you list your workflow to gather these details (apps used, their configurations, usage)?

Thank you.
dearchichi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 22:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
That was a pretty awesome travelogue and the kind of details and the time stamp you have maintained is Incredible.

Good to know that the Creta performed brilliantly.
I am glad you liked the Travelogue. This will surely encourage me to write more of them. I promise to do that going further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
Lovely write up. I have done quite a bit of touring in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, and you post brought back those memories.

A couple of questions:

1. Do you have any issues with the ground clearance of the vehicle given it was as loaded as this?

2. The boot space seems to need some stuffing to hold all that baggage. Was it a chore to deal with? Did you have to frequently adjust it for optium views in the IRVM?

Amen! Could you list your workflow to gather these details (apps used, their configurations, usage)?

Thank you.
I am happy that you liked my post and it rekindled your memories.

To answer your questions -
  1. No issues with ground clearance at all. 190 mm of ground clearance took take care of all of it even with the load that we were carrying.
  2. It has 433 liters of boot space which was not enough, mainly because we were carrying a lot of luggage, including the food stuff. We kept the inside clutter free and tried to keep everything in the boot itself. But yes, I did have to manage the IRVM sometimes and we also had to set up the luggage every time we opened the boot. The bonus is, this Creta comes with a Rear View when the car is in motion. Thankfully that helped a lot.
  3. The Bluelink Connected Car App keeps all the necessary record along with Max Speed (which I removed intentionally). The Toll Plaza information is aptly recorded to the second in the Karur Vyasya Bank Fastag records. I also had a Dashcam which recorded the entire journey. This way I had the digital footprint of the entire journey.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions/queries.
BIL2_HGi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 08:56   #9
BHPian

Extremely detailed and nicely written Travelogue. I loved how you mentioned all the stops and sceneries on your way.Wish you many more happy kms with your Creta.
Merc_Freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 22:51   #10
BHPian

Thank you for sharing a very detailed travelogue with distance and driving time. This will definitely help me in doing my upcoming trip to Jharkhand in the winters.

One help - to bypass Bhubaneswar city, can you suggest and alternate route. Will it be worth taking the Nandan Kanan road from Khurda? I'll be crossing around 12-2 PM.

Thanks in advance.
nischaltopno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 23:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Excellent travelogue with great attention to detail BIL2_HGi10

Information included will help BHPians as well as non-members to plan similar trips in future.

Great to know that you are very satisfied with performance of your Hyundai Creta SX IVT BS6. Wish you many more happy mile munching

Last edited by airbus : 26th October 2020 at 23:09.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 10:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Bangalore to Cuttack Road Trip

Very nicely written! Even I am from Cuttack and plan to drive from Bangalore to Cuttack in a couple on months. We shall plan to stopover at either Vijayawada or Vizag. We had driven last year in May from Bhubaneswar to Bangalore in a Q3. Long trips and travelogues like these are a pleasure to read!

I am new to teambhp and will jot down a detailed travelogue once the trip is complete!

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th October 2020 at 10:55. Reason: For ease of reading, please do not quote the whole post. Thank you!
4WheelPilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 16:14   #13
BHPian

Well written TL with meticulous detailing specially regarding those stop overs and toll plazas.

Good to hear that you are enjoying drive with your steed. Wish you many more happy miles with it.
Deadpool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 13:10   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_Freak View Post
Extremely detailed and nicely written Travelogue. I loved how you mentioned all the stops and sceneries on your way.Wish you many more happy kms with your Creta.
Thank you: Glad you liked the Travelogue. It certainly motivates to write more posts like these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Thank you for sharing a very detailed travelogue with distance and driving time. This will definitely help me in doing my upcoming trip to Jharkhand in the winters.

One help - to bypass Bhubaneswar city, can you suggest and alternate route. Will it be worth taking the Nandan Kanan road from Khurda? I'll be crossing around 12-2 PM.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, for the delayed response. Hope you have not travelled already.
Do not take the Nandan Kanan route - stick to the highway. Major traffic portions have been bypassed by the flyovers.

Have a great drive. I am planning to do a drive to Ghatshila in the next drive down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Excellent travelogue with great attention to detail BIL2_HGi10

Information included will help BHPians as well as non-members to plan similar trips in future.

Great to know that you are very satisfied with performance of your Hyundai Creta SX IVT BS6. Wish you many more happy mile munching
I am very happy to be encouraged by airbus - I keep following your posts. Team BHP is not any other blogging site; hence the focus is always on Quality. Everything we mention here is noted seriously. Hence, I have made my best attempt to meet the same quality standards. Hope this helps as many travelers. I think this would be a good idea to move it to the Route Queries post - for Bangalore to Bhubaneswar/Kolkata; what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
Very nicely written! Even I am from Cuttack and plan to drive from Bangalore to Cuttack in a couple on months. We shall plan to stopover at either Vijayawada or Vizag. We had driven last year in May from Bhubaneswar to Bangalore in a Q3. Long trips and travelogues like these are a pleasure to read!

I am new to teambhp and will jot down a detailed travelogue once the trip is complete!
Glad to know you are from Cuttack as well, wish I could connect with you someway.
Vijayawada or if you can stretch a bit, Rajahmundry would be a good option for an overnight stay. (You can check for RiverBay Resort). Given your car line up, I feel it is easily doable if you start very early. Please be careful about the bad road condition between Vijayawada to Rajahmundry. Vizag would be an unnecessary stretch I think. My friend's TATA Nexon tyre rim got a dent in this stretch. So you can imagine.

I am happy you liked the write-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Well written TL with meticulous detailing specially regarding those stop overs and toll plazas.

Good to hear that you are enjoying drive with your steed. Wish you many more happy miles with it.
Thank you very much. I am glad the reputed Team BHP'ians are liking my post. This is very encouraging.

THANK YOU ALL

BIL2_HGi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 16:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, for the delayed response. Hope you have not travelled already.
Do not take the Nandan Kanan route - stick to the highway. Major traffic portions have been bypassed by the flyovers.

Have a great drive. I am planning to do a drive to Ghatshila in the next drive down.
Thank you, this will certainly help. The drive is towards the end of the year.

To my destination should i take the Google suggested Cuttack -> Panikoili -> Karanjia -> Tata and onwards or Cuttack -> Balasore -> Baripada -> Ghatsila onwards. What you suggest.
nischaltopno is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks