Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 19:42   #16
BHPian

Re: A staycation amidst the hills of Tamil Nadu

ePass is a must for all the vehicles entering Kodai. There were huge boards even few kms before Kodai ghat road instructing the same. I saw TN vehicles too stopped at checkpost for ePass checking. There is a parking area next to checkpost where the vehicles were parked and people were applying pass online using their phones. To avoid the hassles, it is better to apply beforehand. It just took 15 mins to get the approval even in the night when I submitted around 8.30 PM.

I think ePass requirement is not there only for TN vehicles local to Kodai, I saw the goods vehicles and what looked like local residents being let off.
Old 2nd November 2020, 19:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Wow. Nice travelogue. Great pictures. This literally took me back to my class 7 to class 12 days. We used to live at Theni. I have cycled to some of the places you visited (sothuparai, Vaigai) etc .. the best years of my school / childhood were spent in one of the most serene environments and how much do I miss that now.

Thanks for sharing. Loved it.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 2nd November 2020 at 19:54. Reason: Spelling
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 21:06   #18
BHPian

Glad to hear nostalgic memories from people from this region! You are all so lucky! You have such beautiful places to call home and go back to when needed.

Theni is such a heavenly place.. thats why I named one of the pics as "Road to Heaven", the SH between Madurai and Theni that I took one evening. It was much more scenic than the NH to Theni.
Right now, I think it is the sowing season, saw many of the fields being prepared for sowing. In few months time, I guess the entire area will be even more beautiful with all the lush green paddy fields.

Had plans of driving towards Suralli falls, may be Megamalai and also towards Bodinayakanur upto Bodimettu, but looking at the restrictions at the dams itself, wasnt sure whether we will be allowed there, hence had to drop the idea. Instead opted to roam around nearby villages , all those pattis - Devadhanapatti, Andipatti, Usilampatti.. what lovely names
Old 3rd November 2020, 15:18   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Bunch of our friends were desperate to go out for a trip and we planned for hill stations like Valparai, Ooty, Kolli hills and finally ended up in Kodai as they were the one's who approved the epass within 1 hr. Quite productive work from Dindugal Collectorate people!

Trip was fantastic and so the climate and the resort + the food!

Attaching some of the photos.
Loved the pics! I am also longing to take a vacation soon! WFH has become pretty mundane now.

Off-topic: Is that 70mai dash cam pro I see in the pics?
Old 3rd November 2020, 15:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
Glad to hear nostalgic memories from people from this region! You are all so lucky! You have such beautiful places to call home and go back to when needed.

Theni is such a heavenly place.. all those pattis - Devadhanapatti, Andipatti, Usilampatti.. what lovely names
All those 'Patti's' are quite famous for the annual temple festivals. They are quite festive, colourful and you will find quite a character. When we were living at Theni, that village ( then, now, its a district ) had no TV, no Gas connections and No rickshaws / Auto. The mode of travel used to be horse carriages ( and mind you, i am just talking about the late 80's here ). There was just one restaurant there. The markets used to be only on Sundays ( the weekly Santhai as they call it ). The festival seasons see the local boys play out the Volleyball and Kabaddi matches in make shift stadiums.

Life was peaceful or what then ?
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeknown_guy View Post
Loved the pics! I am also longing to take a vacation soon! WFH has become pretty mundane now.

Off-topic: Is that 70mai dash cam pro I see in the pics?
Spot On! Yes it is, which i purchased during last year's 11:11 sale at AliExpress.
Old 18th November 2020, 14:18   #22
BHPian

Superb pics. Do we need e-pass in TN even now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks