Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2020, 03:41   #1
BHPian

Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur

Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1670.jpg

Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-auditeaser.jpg

Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1726.jpg

Brief Background

Hello folks, this is my first long thread and is also special because after 8-9 months of staying at home, we finally decided to travel somewhere nearby(max 4-5 hrs of travel).
We are 4 friends who usually travel together for our road trips/vacations nearby with our families and when we do so, we prefer Homestay/Airbnb to Hotels because it gives us the space and exclusivity to relax and unwind.
While there is no end near to the Covid scenario, the last few days has seen a gradual decrease in the count. With that in mind, we decided to plan a short trip over the Diwali Weekend for a quick getaway. Long hours of work/WFH had taken its toll on us and there was a resounding “Haan” from every one when the idea of this trip was initially brought up. The location was unanimously agreed – Misty Mountains Sakleshpur

The resort
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1626.jpg

Planning
The initial plan was to take 3 cars accommodating 4 families but due to an exigency, one family had to drop. So now we had 2 Cars – Audi Q3 and Hexa to carry the 8 of us plus the luggage(blanket, bedsheets, barbeque grill and what not). Pre Covid, the luggage would have been half but we didn’t want to take a chance and ensured to carry the necessary stuff.

Packing Essentials
• Hand Sanitizers
• Sanitizer Spray
• Mosquito repellant (Hilly area, vegetation around)
• Torch
• Power Bank
• Emergency Medicines
• Toiletries
• Windcheaters(It was cold at night)

Much awaited Trip – Bangalore to Sakleshpur
Day 1
We had intended to start at 5 AM and reach there by 9 AM but late dinner and pending office work saw us wake up at 6 AM. It was a bright and sunny morning. Got ready quickly and we started to our friend’s place at Hebbal. Quickly packed the remaining baggage and set off for the much awaited journey. On folding the third row seats of Hexa, it gobbled up most of the luggage. The Q3, which doesn’t have a cavernous boot stored most of the rucksacks and saddlebags.
The route followed was L B Shastry Nagar – Hebbal – Neelamangala – Hassan – Sakleshpur.

Somewhere on the Bengaluru - Hassan highway
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1758.jpg

Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1760.jpg

Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1761.jpg

We reached the place at 1 PM. It was a tranquil country place, free from the commotion and tumult of the urban areas
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1579.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1581.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_20201115_132009.jpg

The staff at Misty Mountains Homestay was extremely hospitable and all the meals served were delectable and enjoyable.
After a tasty lunch, we relaxed and lazed around doing nothing. A walk up and down the rolling hills was very refreshing
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_0645.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1557.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1631.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_20201115_172313.jpg

A fine sunset is a treat to the eyes and if you get to see one amidst the hills, it’s like the icing on the cake. It was refreshing to witness this sunset in the hills right out of your window
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1589.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1590.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_20201114_174814.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_4790.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_4794.jpg

Then came the party time where our friend Mr. AB, set up his barbeque.
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_0627.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1595.jpg

Turned up the music, and we prepared succulent barbeque chicken and a tasty dinner cooked at the Homestay just made the night awesome.

Campfire
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1676.jpg

Day 1 ends
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_0622.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1694.jpg

Day 2
When you get such a place, all that you need to do is relax. The next day, we woke up and had nothing to do. After some thinking, decided to visit Shettyhalli Church nearby which was 70% submeged.
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1634.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_1636.jpg

Day 3
After a relaxed brunch, it was time to return. With all the time in the world, started at our own pace and were back home by 9 PM.
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_20201116_102209_bokeh.jpg
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_20201116_102242.jpg

A coffee break at CCD on the way back home
Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur-img_0729.jpg

After so much negativity for the major part of the year and striving hard to be positive yet not affected by positive(Read Covid), this was a much needed break and there couldn’t have been a better place than one in the hills where you had the whole house for yourselves which was safe as well.
With the pandemic still ongoing, there is a long way to go before we can move out freely. Masks, Sanitizers, avoiding unnecessary touching of surfaces are still the norm and just can’t wait for the vaccine to be out. Stay Safe and travel wisely and with all the necessary precautions

Last edited by GTO : 22nd November 2020 at 06:00. Reason: Rule #11. Thanks for sharing!
4WheelPilot is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 09:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 and Tata Hexa drive to the Rolling Hills of Sakleshpur

Nice place to relax and unwind. I'm sure you would have been fully recharged by the time you got back home. How long was the drive? Any twisties enroute?
jomson13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 09:31   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
Nice place to relax and unwind. I'm sure you would have been fully recharged by the time you got back home. How long was the drive? Any twisties enroute?
There were a few. It was an exciting drive but I forgot to click photos enroute the twisties. The place was close to 5 hours from Bangalore
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:51   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Really my kind of a travelogue where half the pictures are of the cars . Would be awesome to read a quick summary of how either car performed.

Agreed with you on the need for such a getaway. We're headed out soon for a week-long break at our holiday home.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 12:12   #5
BHPian

We've been to misty mountains homestay in our Hexa about 5 times in the last 2 years, so that should tell you how much we loved the place!
3 out of 5 times it was covered in mist and when the conditions are ideal, it really does justice to its name!
Both cars looking great in white!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 13:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
We've been to misty mountains homestay in our Hexa about 5 times in the last 2 years, so that should tell you how much we loved the place!
3 out of 5 times it was covered in mist and when the conditions are ideal, it really does justice to its name!
Both cars looking great in white!
Thanks abhi! We missed the mist but were delighted with the scenery, food and the place. The sunset and silent evenings were a treat to the eyes..
Old 23rd November 2020, 13:26   #7
BHPian

Thank you for the travel tips!

We are booked into a Sakleshpur property in the second weekend of December. It will be my first trip since March. My pre-pandemic life, since 2006, was of travelling once every week, so this trip after 9 months of house arrest is a big deal!

I realised after reading the write-up that I should also do a travelogue!
Iksvaku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 13:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Really my kind of a travelogue where half the pictures are of the cars . Would be awesome to read a quick summary of how either car performed.

Agreed with you on the need for such a getaway. We're headed out soon for a week-long break at our holiday home.
Thanks GTO! Glad you liked it. We were were so excited with a Trip after so long that we didn’t stop much enroute to click the ghats/roads. The next time I take a trip, will document all the minor details.
The drive from Bangalore to Hassan was a breeze but it seems everyone had eyed that route and made long weekend plans. The first time I saw so much traffic in this route which would be sparse even in pre Covid era.

Performance

Hexa – The Hexa has a terrific suspension and on bad roads this is the vehicle you want to drive. Whatever roads you throw at it, it just glides over. Hexa did most of the heavy lifting wrt the luggage and was like the responsible elder brother. Q3 was like the carefree younger brother who just wanted to run fast on the open roads but slowed down seing the traffic.

Audi Q3 – This is a 7 year old car and has run just 53000 kms. On the open roads, the car was fast and touched north of triple digits in no time. I just loved the acceleration. On bad roads, I had to slow down a bit as this can’t be driven on bumps and potholes the same way you would drive a Hexa on it. We were 5 with full luggage and the Q3 scraped one of the bumps near Sakleshpur. Driving on open tarmac was extremely pleasant. Though the 4 wheel drive was never tested, the Quattro ensured that Q3 was always planted on corners.
The Germans definitely know how to pack a punch with their engines. I also drive a GLC FL(will be taking it on 1400 kms drive this weekend which means another travelogue for sure ) and always seem to compare the Q3 and GLC. Q3 is a lot more punchy and gives you the kick with just 178 BHP. The GLC though has 190 BHP misses the punch but is a lot more comfortable. Drive it at 60,100,120 you just don’t feel the difference from the interior.
4WheelPilot is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 14:13   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iksvaku View Post
Thank you for the travel tips!

We are booked into a Sakleshpur property in the second weekend of December. It will be my first trip since March. My pre-pandemic life, since 2006, was of travelling once every week, so this trip after 9 months of house arrest is a big deal!

I realised after reading the write-up that I should also do a travelogue!
Wish you a great trip to Sakleshpur! Awaiting your photos and travelogue.
The beauty about Sakleshpur is that the temperature isn't too cold like other hill stations. So you can have the hill station surrounding and stroll around the evenings without much of winter wear!
4WheelPilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 12:16   #10
BHPian

Hi 4wheelpilot,

The world indeed is a very small place,we met at Misty mountains,we were in Nexon who stayed at the Dormetry.

Last edited by Visran : 24th November 2020 at 12:18. Reason: To add picture
Old 24th November 2020, 12:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
Hi 4wheelpilot,

The world indeed is a very small place,we met at Misty mountains,we were in Nexon who stayed at the Dormetry.
Oh My!! Yes I do remember. The world indeed is small!! The next day we went near the dormitory and went to the pond next to it. A very calm and peaceful place I must say
Old 24th November 2020, 17:13   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the travelogue 4WheelPilot. Really cool pics. An awesome weather, 2 mile-munchers and family and friends for company, what more do you need for a vacation..!
Can you please provide some details of the stay like name of the homestay, phone nunber, website, etc.
Am planning for a vacation with my family and this looks very apt for me, since I have 2 tiny tots who can easily run around and have their own fun-time as well..!
Old 24th November 2020, 17:52   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Thanks for the travelogue 4WheelPilot. Really cool pics. An awesome weather, 2 mile-munchers and family and friends for company, what more do you need for a vacation..!
Can you please provide some details of the stay like name of the homestay, phone nunber, website, etc.
Am planning for a vacation with my family and this looks very apt for me, since I have 2 tiny tots who can easily run around and have their own fun-time as well..!
Thanks for liking Dimago. You can find it here

http://mistyhomestays.in/
Old 6th April 2021, 19:41   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
Thanks for liking Dimago. You can find it here

http://mistyhomestays.in/
Hey Buddy, Just came across this thread while looking for route options for a weekend getaway to sakleshpur. We are 3 families travelling to a coffee estate for a weekend and wanted to check how are the road conditions.
Planning to follow the NH-75 Blr - Hassan - Sakleshpur all along.
Any place I should avoid for any road work or bad sections?
Old 6th April 2021, 19:50   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Hey Buddy, Just came across this thread while looking for route options for a weekend getaway to sakleshpur. We are 3 families travelling to a coffee estate for a weekend and wanted to check how are the road conditions.
Planning to follow the NH-75 Blr - Hassan - Sakleshpur all along.
Any place I should avoid for any road work or bad sections?

Bangalore - Hassan is in excellent condition. Had been there last weekend. Not sure about the route till Sakleshpur after Hassan. You could check Route Queries section.

Going by what I have heard from friends, route till Sakleshpur should be manageable. Please check with the resort where you are staying because the approach roads to some of them is a bit tricky(up in the hills, unpaved road surface)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks