Team-BHP > Travelogues

Old 3rd December 2020, 19:36   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Diwali drive in a Toyota Fortuner - Bangalore to Delhi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeast View Post
A question to you, can we cover Nagpur to Delhi in one day, as you did Bangalore to Nagpur? It's almost the same distance.
-DB
Looking at the distance, it feels very doable if one is hell bent on doing it. Long day it will be for sure. With multiple drivers, it will be a piece of cake. The Dholpur Morena stretch has some erratic traffic and so would be the case with Agra too.
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:36   #47
BHPian

Nothing short of 5 stars megazoid, rated it, wonderful travelogue accompanied with excellent pictures. One part that caught my attention was the portion of the video towards the end (linked below) where Fortuner overtakes several cars at once by going over the roadside shoulders, in one word brutal yet effortless for its profile.

Seems you carried drone and handheld stabilizers for some of the cinematic shoots which came out excellent. What gears did you use?

Also if you could say how many days was it home to home that will be great too.

Look forward to more such awesome travelogues in the future.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 00:05   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Seems you carried drone and handheld stabilizers for some of the cinematic shoots which came out excellent. What gears did you use?

Also if you could say how many days was it home to home that will be great too.
We had a drone, DSLR's and gopros. No handheld stabilizers other than the inbuilt stabilization provided by the gopro (called hypersmooth)and the sony (named steadyshot). Drone anyway has a gimbal attached to it.

The day wise journey is mentioned few posts below. Please take a look and thanks for the encouragement.
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 15:45   #49
BHPian

Excellent travelogue ... Beautiful photos and nicely narrated, rated it 5 star. This is one route which has been on my wish list for a very long time and I have bookmarked this as my future point of reference. I once rode from Bangalore to Delhi in 2009 when I was moving back to Delhi permanently and wanted to take this route but I had to take the Blr-Pune-Ahmedabad-Jaipur route as the roads in central India were not in very good shape at that time, but now that does not seems to be the issue. Thanks again for the excellent travelogue .
AVL500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 13:37   #50
BHPian

Default Re: Pachmarhi to Nagpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
This drive took us through beautiful Tamia and we encountered the best roads of the entire trip here. Fabulous tarmac for miles together with gentle hills on all sides and a sun that was planning to wind up for the day. Thoroughly enjoyed the drive through the forests of Tamia. We again chose the Le meridien as it was strategically placed to the exits and got there by dinner time. The idea was to do Nagpur-Bangalore the next day with an early start.
Superb travelogue. I haven't heard of most of those places. Have saved your post. Will refer to it if I have the chance of driving through MP!
Old 13th December 2020, 11:19   #51
BHPian

Amazing travelogue. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
Superb, thanks for the great photos!

I need to be in Bengaluru for a few months so was going to do a Delhi -> Bengaluru drive later this week. Made some preps too but ended up booking a flight instead and will be sending my GV on a trailer. Will definitely be driving Bengaluru -> Delhi on the way back though when the pandemic is better.

Curious. When I was researching routes I figured Delhi -> Rajasthan -> Dhar (MP) -> Pune -> Satara (MH) -> Bengaluru would be the easiest to drive for a solo driver (not much to see on this route though I'm guessing). Any thoughts? (though this (The Nightmare called Pune - Satara - Karad - Kolhapur Highway) thread says otherwise)

Your thread is inspiring me to take the Orchha route on the way back.

I have driven bangalore to Delhi and back multiple times through various routes. Driving through Delhi - Agra - Nagpur - blr is the best option in my opinion. Although facilities are less between Agra and Nagpur.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed