Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 21:16   #1
BHPian

Upscale restaurants within 150 km of Mumbai?

Looking for suggestions for upscale restaurants on the outskirts of Mumbai to serve as a nice finish to a enjoyable drive.

Currently out favourites happen to be Bohemian Blue at Alibaug (the RoRo service has made it even sweeter), Sula at Nashik, Della / Fariyas at Lonavala.

Any more suggestions!?
AK79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Upscale restaurants within 150 km of Mumbai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK79 View Post
Looking for suggestions for upscale restaurants on the outskirts of Mumbai to serve as a nice finish to a enjoyable drive.

Currently out favourites happen to be Bohemian Blue at Alibaug (the RoRo service has made it even sweeter), Sula at Nashik, Della / Fariyas at Lonavala.

Any more suggestions!?
Probably this (A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai) thread might help you out.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:38   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Upscale restaurants within 150 km of Mumbai?

- Sunny's Dhaba, 15 km after Lonavla. It's my favourite for Indian food. Not an upscale restaurant, but surely an upscale dhaba.

- Taj / Gateway Nashik has very, very good food. If early morning (best time to drive IMHO), you can do their sumptuous breakfast buffet.

- Exceptional pool-side fine dining at TurQue / Barbeque Nation @ Hotel Sayaji, Pune. Bonus 1 = just where the expressway ends, so no driving through nasty Pune traffic. Bonus 2 = live music at night .

- Della @ Lonavla has some fine-dining options.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:49   #4
BHPian

Della's has some good restaurants and yes the Taj Gateway at Nashik is also a great option.

Another place you could go to is Creme at Manas resort in Igatpuri. Reasonably upscale and good food.
Shreyas_H is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Sunny's Dhaba, 15 km after Lonavla. It's my favourite for Indian food. Not an upscale restaurant, but surely an upscale dhaba.

- Taj / Gateway Nashik has very, very good food. If early morning (best time to drive IMHO), you can do their sumptuous breakfast buffet.

- Exceptional pool-side fine dining at TurQue / Barbeque Nation @ Hotel Sayaji, Pune. Bonus 1 = just where the expressway ends, so no driving through nasty Pune traffic. Bonus 2 = live music at night .

- Della @ Lonavla has some fine-dining options.
Have been to Sunny, however we find the food and ambience better at the Kinara dhaba closeby.

Have stayed at the Taj Gateway Nashik, but never considered it for breakfast alone.

I've only tried Portico at Sayaji for breakfast on the way to Mahabaleshwar / Goa from Mumbai. Like you mentioned, the location is perfect for a halt without any detours. Ofcourse, TurQue looks like a promising option.
AK79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:01   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Another place you could go to is Creme at Manas resort in Igatpuri. Reasonably upscale and good food.
Manas remains out favourite breakfast halt on the way to Nashik / Bhandardara. I believe it's the only upscale (reasonably as you said) option on this route.

On the way back, the newly opened Urban Tadka / Pop Tates is a decent choice just after the Padgha Toll plaza.
AK79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Try Malaka Spice between Igatpuri and Nashik, has a great ambience and upscale food plus option to stay as well. But you need to call ahead and reserve as it's a small place.

Also, this is not on the highway, and quiet a drive through villages to get there.
Maverick5490 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 13:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Try Malaka Spice between Igatpuri and Nashik, has a great ambience and upscale food plus option to stay as well. But you need to call ahead and reserve as it's a small place.

Also, this is not on the highway, and quiet a drive through villages to get there.
Malaka Spice is the restaurant at Vallonne Vineyards.

Vallonne and Grover Zampa Vineyards closeby are already on my wishlist.

I really love such upscale places in the middle of rural settings and hence started this thread. Really appreciate the response from everyone.
AK79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 13:48   #9
BHPian

We've been to Kokum & Spice at Radisson Alibaug quite a few times (but not recently). The malvani food is great.
prateekm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:18   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
We've been to Kokum & Spice at Radisson Alibaug quite a few times (but not recently). The malvani food is great.
I planned to go here last month. Called up all their numbers available on the website including the restaurant numbers but couldn't get through any of them. Even called up their 1800 number from where I got the contact of their service manager, who also wouldn't pick up his phone.

Finally cancelled the plan. Some other time maybe.
Old 3rd December 2020, 17:21   #11
AZT
BHPian

Would suggest 2 options:
1. Boardwalk by Flamboyante Alibaug - You can get there by Ro-Ro ferry from Bhaucha Dhakka or drive there direct
https://www.zomato.com/mumbai/boardw...-alibaug-thane

2. Kinara Village Dhaba Lonavla
Not as upscale but it's a good ambience
https://www.zomato.com/pune/the-kina...dhaba-lonavala
AZT is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:58   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Would suggest 2 options:
1. Boardwalk by Flamboyante Alibaug - You can get there by Ro-Ro ferry from Bhaucha Dhakka or drive there direct
https://www.zomato.com/mumbai/boardw...-alibaug-thane

2. Kinara Village Dhaba Lonavla
Not as upscale but it's a good ambience
https://www.zomato.com/pune/the-kina...dhaba-lonavala
The view from boardwalk has been marred after the construction of the jetty for the Ro-Ro ferry. But it does remain a good option. Also, in case you didn't know the catering on the ferry is also managed by Flamboyante.
AK79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

In Nasik, Marriott too gives a very good food and overall experience. It is my favourite place for dinner on the way from GJ (via NH848) to Pune.

In Pune, I have enjoyed the buffet breakfast of Royal Orchid on the Bombay Bangalore bypass, 4 - 5 km from Sayaji. Many times our Mumbai trip started with their breakfast in the morning.

But Nasik or Pune are far from Mumbai, to drive down for food (and return!).

Quote:

Any more suggestions!?
In the process of getting out of Mumbai, the drive would no longer remain enjoyable. Even getting to Lonavla seems big deal unless one stays in Navi Mumbai or Panvel.

Will try Sula at Nasik some time.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:36   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Try Malaka Spice between Igatpuri and Nashik,

Quote:
Malaka Spice is the restaurant at Vallonne Vineyards.
This is a brilliant suggestion and I can’t endorse it enough. I have been there en route to a long weekend holiday at Utopia (very close to Sula).

Firstly the Igatpuri drive and Kasara ghat itself is lovely. Secondly, once you turn off the highway the drive up to Vallone is absolutely picturesque and has some lovely winding tar roads. This is a must visit whether by bike or car. Finally the venue itself is a lovely place with a view of open fields. You can even stay there as a weekender although not sure whether there is anything meaningful to do there as such.
Axe77 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 01:22   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a Mumbai guy but every time I have landed in the city for work, I have driven to Dukes Retreat,Lonavala, for some great views and wonderful food. I love the place ever since I first stayed there for a conference. Good roads and not so near to Mumbai also makes the place, a likeable one. Of course, Mumbai guys will have better ideas

My favourite view from Dukes while having your food, specially breakfast.

Upscale restaurants within 150 km of Mumbai?-f18c3e789dc447a8b58b593fdf3c8d0a.jpeg
ABHI_1512 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks