Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2021, 02:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: PhotoBlog - A Fall trip in Michigan : Tunnel of Trees, Upper Peninsula, Michigan

Hi mobike008,
Great TL and stunning pictures. Seems like you're a local there now.

What timeframe would you recommend for visiting the Upper Peninsula? Would I be able to see the fall colors during mid-August?

Also, do you have a list of must-do drives and a list of must eat places?

Thanks!
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 02:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PhotoBlog - A Fall trip in Michigan : Tunnel of Trees, Upper Peninsula, Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Hi mobike008,
Great TL and stunning pictures. Seems like you're a local there now
LOL! You can say that again. We go to UP (Upper Peninsula as it's popularly known in Michigan, not Uttar Pradesh), at least once a year if not twice.

Quote:
What timeframe would you recommend for visiting the Upper Peninsula? Would I be able to see the fall colors during mid-August?
Unfortunately, Mid-August is little early for the fall, I think almost by a month. I use this thumb rule to track the 4 beautiful seasons that Michigan offers unlike most part of the US.

Winter : 23rd December-March 23
Spring : March 23-June 23
Summer : June 23-September 23
Fall : September 23-December 23

The season change would be +/- 2 weeks each year

If you still visit in August that would be like early times and you wont be able to enjoy the lovely fall colors to full potential

Quote:
Also, do you have a list of must-do drives and a list of must eat places?
1. Tunnel of Trees, Michigan
2. Maciknaw Island, Michigan
3. Petoskey/Charlevoix, Michigan
4. Grand Rapids/Traverse City, Michigan

Above, you can cover in 2-3 days maximum and are in vicinity of 100 miles. I assume you plan to stay there for a day or two and enjoy the fall colors to maximum extent and not just a dash in and out trip.

If you have even more time, then I would highly recommend going even north beyond Mackinaw Island to :

1. Munising
2. Marquette
3. Grand Marais

I have stayed in all these places and during fall its simply drop-dead gorgeous. You can visit Tahqhomie Falls which is a must visit.

Book on a cruise (preferably sunset) for Picture Rock which is one of the best experiences where you can enjoy watching natural rock formations that are 100 feet tall and run for 30+ miles along the Lake Superior Coastline.

Hope this helps! Cheers.

Well, I guess the above would be best if you are able to spend atleast 4 days. to enjoy the beauty
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks