Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2021, 21:29   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2000 km Rajasthan road-trip in a brand new Jeep Compass

Congrats on your new ride Fast&Curious! I am also a fellow Jeeper like you and have had my Compass since Aug 2017 (you can refer my ownership thread).
(After first 25 posts) Send me a PM with your number and I will get you added to the Delhi NCR Jeepers whatsapp group.
Enjoy your Jeep and Happy Driving!
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 07:15   #17
BHPian

Oh I love the Compass. Someday when I am ready for an upgrade this is the. At it’s going to be.
Beautiful proportionate design, looks amazing from the behind too, has the proportionately right sized wheels (visually at least), great practicality and I love the new interiors (even though I detest the protruding information screen).
parambyte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 09:12   #18
BHPian

Great write-up. Is yours the 2021 Compass? The alloys look like the recently unveiled facelift.
Old 14th January 2021, 09:41   #19
BHPian

When I read the on road price, thought you missed mentioning it to be a Petrol You guys are so damn lucky to be paying lesser Road Tax and getting better roads. It's like the biggest irony for us!
Nice choice of colour and crisp travelogue. Wish you many more such trips with your JC. I had a huge liking towards Magnesio Grey Linea Tjet. One of my biggest regret of not buying one when I could have. May be won't repeat the mistake in the coming years and get one Magnesio Grey JC

Last edited by VWAllstar : 14th January 2021 at 09:42.
Old 14th January 2021, 09:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Congrats on your new ride Fast&Curious! I am also a fellow Jeeper like you and have had my Compass since Aug 2017 (you can refer my ownership thread).
(After first 25 posts) Send me a PM with your number and I will get you added to the Delhi NCR Jeepers whatsapp group.
Enjoy your Jeep and Happy Driving!
Thanks Behemoth. Would love to join the group. Will be in touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
Oh I love the Compass. Someday when I am ready for an upgrade this is the. At it’s going to be.
Beautiful proportionate design, looks amazing from the behind too, has the proportionately right sized wheels (visually at least), great practicality and I love the new interiors (even though I detest the protruding information screen).
Absolutely. It’s one of the best looking and performing vehicles in the Indian market right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatautoguy46 View Post
Great write-up. Is yours the 2021 Compass? The alloys look like the recently unveiled facelift.
Thanks!! No it’s the 2020 one. Came with the same alloys as 2021 Compass. These alloys look pretty kickass in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
When I read the on road price, thought you missed mentioning it to be a Petrol You guys are so damn lucky to be paying lesser Road Tax and getting better roads. It's like the biggest irony for us!
Nice choice of colour and crisp travelogue. Wish you many more such trips with your JC. I had a huge liking towards Magnesio Grey Linea Tjet. One of my biggest regret of not buying one when I could have. May be won't repeat the mistake in the coming years and get one Magnesio Grey JC
Yes we are lucky, indeed. Thanks for appreciating the travelogue.

Yes Magnesio Grey is the real deal. Classy and sporty at the same time.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th January 2021 at 09:55. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 14th January 2021, 14:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
A 2000 km Rajasthan Roadtrip in our 3-week new Jeep Compass

Sunset at Sam Dunes in Jaisalmer

Just around 6 people in the entire area, and nothing but desert and dunes. This was exactly what we had imagined it to be.
Parked the car, went on to the dunes, wondered at this nature's marvellous creation, spent some nice time, clicked some photos. God, the Mirchi Wadas and the Kachoris we had got packed tasted amazing in this place. Great decision to get it packed as there was nothing we could buy over there.
Congrats on your purchase and a very well written travelogue!

I am also planning to do a Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Udaipur trip during Feb end and I really want to experience the sand dunes. Earlier I was planning to stay for a couple of days at the Sam Sand Dunes in the camping tents they have but based on your feedback I don't think it will be worth it. I was imagining it to be a peaceful experience but if there's a crowd then there's no point.

I would like to experience the empty sand dunes and may be go for a "Jeep" or a quad bike ride. What would you recommend?

Should I set base at Jaisalmer and visit both the sand dunes spots you mentioned on a day-trip? Let me know the name of the resort that you had mentioned for your Khari sand dunes trip. Thanks!
Old 14th January 2021, 15:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Congrats on your purchase and a very well written travelogue!

I am also planning to do a Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Udaipur trip during Feb end and I really want to experience the sand dunes. Earlier I was planning to stay for a couple of days at the Sam Sand Dunes in the camping tents they have but based on your feedback I don't think it will be worth it. I was imagining it to be a peaceful experience but if there's a crowd then there's no point.

I would like to experience the empty sand dunes and may be go for a "Jeep" or a quad bike ride. What would you recommend?

Should I set base at Jaisalmer and visit both the sand dunes spots you mentioned on a day-trip? Let me know the name of the resort that you had mentioned for your Khari sand dunes trip. Thanks!
I'd suggest you book a camp for at least one night in Sam / Khuri. Most of these camping sites are slightly before the sand dunes, so a nice resort like the Suryagarh between Jaisalmer and Sam should be a peaceful place to stay at. At Sam you'll find Camel and Jeep Safaris, but everyone there wants to rip you off so DO NOT pay more than INR 150-200 for a Safari, even if they tell you "99% of the people go for an extended Safari" in which they show you the Desert National Park and the sites where Bollywood Films were shot at. Do not fall for that trap. Even for a Camel Safari they can ask for insane amounts of money. Quad bikes and Jeep Safaris will be easier to find in and around Sam.

The resort our Concierce suggested in Khuri was The Bordi. Again it lies much before the dunes. At Khuri dunes you won't find anyone, so if you really want to enjoy the dunes, that's the place. The guys at Bordi should also be able to arrange a Jeep Safari for you but of course they'll charge higher rates. Another small resort that a friend had recommended in Khuri was Badal Guest House, not sure if it is open right now.

Another good way can be to pre-book the whole desert package in advance from some tour operator in Jaisalmer town.

Enjoy your trip, it's a wonderful place unlike any other.
fast&curious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed