Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 19:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tadoba : 2400 km, a few clogged arteries & a Battle Royale

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
The Prep

We booked six safaris – two in Core (Khutwanda & Moharli gate), three in buffer (2 from Junona & 1 from Agarzari) & one night safari from Junona gate. We also booked a three night stay at MTDC Tadoba as the reviews were very good.
Abhishek a wonderful travelogue there and especially the tiger sighting picture are the jewel in the crown. I am planning a Tadoba trip for quite a long time but still it has to wait for a little while more. In the meantime trying to gather as much information as possible and would like to know how do one plan for the safaris.

That is which safaris to book as you mentioned six. If you have any recommendations it would be great and also mention the process of booking them in advance.
girishglg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 22:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Abhishek a wonderful travelogue there and especially the tiger sighting picture are the jewel in the crown.

That is which safaris to book as you mentioned six. If you have any recommendations it would be great and also mention the process of booking them in advance.
Thanks Girish!

You can book safaris at mytadoba.org. I would suggest having your safaris spread across buffer (Junona, Agarzari and Devada gates) and core (Moharli gate). These four gates are easily accessible from resorts around Moharli gate. I would suggest that if you are planning for six safaris, then have 3-4 in buffer zone and 2-3 in core zone. You can also try a night Safari, but it's not a must do. I would also highly reccomend the MTDC Moharli resort for stay. It's functional, not luxurious, but very very good. All the best!

Last edited by abhishek_hch : 22nd September 2021 at 22:47.
abhishek_hch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:15   #33
BHPian

One thing which i learnt from talking to few folks that Tadoba discourages advance planning. If you are booking well in advance, which i was trying, the prices for the safari are almost double. Maybe to discourage the resort owners to block the slots, or something similar. So have to be careful for that.
v-drive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed