Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2021, 18:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Kalasa - In search of the panchatheerthas

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Over the years, the hill tourism in Karnataka was generally restricted to Coorg and Chikmagalur ( Mullayyanagiri, Kemannugundi etc ) and Kalasa/Kudremukha saw limited footfall and only those of "serious" trippers. Now it's a commonplace - no place can be called untouched. The hill tourism has gradually spread to and has in it's stranglehold all hitherto pristine places - Kalasa, Thirthahalli, Sagara, Sirsi, Kumta, Karwar and heck even the remote corners of Khanapura and Bhimgarh.

The demand for these "city" things takes away all the sheen and glory from the places in the hills. Nary a quiet spot left. Pls don't mind, just an old man ranting.
Thank you for penning down this beautiful piece sir. These places almost feel like a link between man and god!

"Getting away from City" unfortunately translates to "Taking the city with me" these days.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 19:06   #17
BHPian

Very well written. The place looks so beautiful. I did not know this is the place where Mitra Varuna gave birth to Agastya and Vaishta. I knew the story, but was not aware this is where it happened.
Old 12th May 2021, 15:39   #18
BHPian

Excellent write up. As I read through this, I kept relating this to our recent trip to Rameshwaram. The theerthas there are numbered and you go to each in a structured way. Part of me now thinks that this is how a theertha yatra should be. If you are worthy of it, the almighty will let you find the threetha
sramanat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 21:49   #19

Beautifully written, wonderful articulation, rich and deep in history. A gift of story telling also thrown in. I can almost imagine your voice telling this with a rich cadence.

Reminds me of my Uncle who used to tell us all stories and we used to sit around him listening to his travels and adventures.

Thank you for this! Transported me to a different time and place. Would love to visit the Teertha's once lockdown eases and life returns to a semblance of normalcy!
ndnesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks