Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2021, 14:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan on a Bicycle

You could potentially start a TV show/youtube series of your own about exploring India on a bicycle! Loved the thread, especially the pictures!

Cycle tourism is already a hip thing in EU countries and I see that hopefully being one of the next big upcoming trends in Indian tourism IMHO. In India where most of the tourist attractions are jam-packed with cars and buses, a 'cycle-only' tourist attraction would be interesting to see!

Looking forward to more such bike-baed travelogues.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 11:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post
You could potentially start a TV show/Youtube series of your own about exploring India on a bicycle! Loved the thread, especially the pictures!

Cycle tourism is already a hip thing in EU countries and I see that hopefully being one of the next big upcoming trends in Indian tourism IMHO. In India where most of the tourist attractions are jam-packed with cars and buses, a 'cycle-only' tourist attraction would be interesting to see!

Looking forward to more such bike-baed travelogues.
Thanks, AKSarkar1!

Cycle tourism has always been popular in Europe. They even have nearly 50,000km of defined routes which go across the continent. https://en.eurovelo.com/#routes-and-countries
Old 13th June 2021, 17:05   #33

Wow..A thread like this needed to wait for the pandemic to get over to travel again. Rajasthan is a remarkable state with lots of places, though I have not fully explored Rajasthan, with these travelogues, i feel am also travelling.

Thank you for sharing
harish.raghavan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 19:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

This is the best travelogue on the website dedicated to automobiles. No fat just meat. Everything about this 'logue is incredible.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 11:50   #35
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Stunning pictures. Kudos to you for putting up with so much effort. Bicycling across a state is quite something and I could possibly never be able to do that. I especially love the Patwon Ki Haveli Arch shot with godrays.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 12:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Stunning pictures. Kudos to you for putting up with so much effort. Bicycling across a state is quite something and I could possibly never be able to do that. I especially love the Patwon Ki Haveli Arch shot with godrays.
Thanks, vredesbyrd! I rode around 550km, which is roughly 50km per day. So if you can ride that distance and feel fresh the next morning it is not as difficult as it might sound.
papr23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 13:57   #37

Wow! The only word that comes to my mind after going through this beautiful travelogue.
Really RJ and GJ both have something mesmerizing hidden in every corner which won't let you take your eyes off.
Truck_Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 21:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
North by Northwest
Great!
I do cycle a lot ... However ... Someday would ride like you ... Relaxed ... while enjoying the journey 👍
naren_gs1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 10:53   #39
BHPian

Amazing travelog!
I have driven in western Rajasthan (Jaisalmer) and it looked unlike any other place in India in terms of vast amount of empty space (may be Ladakh and NE have even more but never been there). Motivates me to visit Rajasthan and do a road trip.
Your travelog motivated me to take up a big road trip myself, I really like to travel. Secondly, I am thinking of sharing my own solo travels in Rayalseema across mountains, farms and some open spaces.
OffRoadFun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 12:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
Amazing travelog!
I have driven in western Rajasthan (Jaisalmer) and it looked unlike any other place in India in terms of vast amount of empty space (may be Ladakh and NE have even more but never been there). Motivates me to visit Rajasthan and do a road trip.
Your travelog motivated me to take up a big road trip myself, I really like to travel. Secondly, I am thinking of sharing my own solo travels in Rayalseema across mountains, farms and some open spaces.
Thanks OffRoadFun! Hope you visit Rajasthan soon

You should definitely share your travels in Rayalaseema region. There aren't many out there.
Old 8th August 2021, 21:09   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Jodhpur

Reached Jodhpur close to midnight and again cycled for my life and again checked in to Zostel.
Nothing much to do here. At least when on a bicycle tour as it is quite chaotic out there. Went to Mehrangarh Fort. It is majestic with some lovely architecture but it was too crowded. I have spent not more than 30min. Purchased few souvenirs and went back to the hostel.

Attachment 2165829
Before you do anything in Jodhpur, you MUST have lassi, rabri and other dairy stuff at Shri Mishrilal Hotel at Clock Tower. Highly recommended!

Attachment 2165835
There was a lot of crowd, mostly foreigners, at an omelet shop. Supposedly recommended by Lonely Planet.

Attachment 2165827
Mehrangarh Fort

Attachment 2165828
Beautiful doors at Jaswant Thada cenotaph which is just outside the fort

Attachment 2165830
If you are a fan of Nolan's Batman trilogy, you know what this is. The pit from which "The Dark Knight Rises".

Attachment 2165831

Attachment 2165832

Attachment 2165833

Attachment 2165834
Gulab Jamun ki Sabji

Attachment 2165836
This will be called a North Indian thali if served anywhere in the South.

Attachment 2165837
Finally had dhokla for breakfast
Whilst chit chatting with the onwer (called omelette man)on my last tour, was surprised to know he is a vegetarian and consumes nearly 1000 eggs a day at his stall
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 21:14   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Rajasthan is a wonderful place to tour. If I have the luxury, I don't mind spending a month here. I am still amazed by the kind of places I could cover in just 550km of riding. The next time I visit I wish to cover the following places:
  • Laal Maas (mutton curry)
    Chand Baori
    Chittorgarh fort
    Forts in Jaipur
    Bikaner
    Udaipur
    Mt Abu
    Tanot
    Sam
Still a lot to cover! Isnt't it?!

More reading:
Excellent pictures with fine detail.
You may like to add :-
Nagaur fort
Karni Mata Temple ( famous for rats inside)
wishing you many miles to cycle
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed