Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 12:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

I enjoyed these pics, but i feel they are getting a bit monotonous. Would love to see smoething in between to break the monotony, like more of amreeeka as shown in phoren films, pal. get my drift ?
Old 9th May 2007, 13:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Gogi Paai,

give us some night shots. Blinger alloys and under body neons .

Or you are not allowed to venture out in the night alone ?
Old 9th May 2007, 14:30   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

great...you must obviously be enjoying yourself...dont forget to return with a lewd bumper sticker and a stars and stripes pair of shorts...
Old 9th May 2007, 17:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
dont forget to return with a lewd bumper sticker and a stars and stripes pair of shorts...
Yeah which you can wear to the next meet so we can have some laughter at your expense!!!! Beware of Guzzlu though
Old 10th May 2007, 09:34   #35
Team-BHP Support

Great coverage again Gogi. Awesome cars. Nowadays Ishan has a different charger on mind .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Beware of Guzzlu though
Why? Would he want to "kiss the stars"?
Old 10th May 2007, 10:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Hey V-16 Great pics and have fun.

A small clarification on OCC. Though OCC has Orange County in it's name, it is not located in Orange County, CA. But it is located on the other side of the continent, NY. Paul Sr. himself mentioned in one of the episodes that many people get confused with the name.
Bro i said OC as in the place (did u know they have an Orange even in Florida?)not the OCC as in Paul Tetul. Never mentioned or impied that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I enjoyed these pics, but i feel they are getting a bit monotonous. Would love to see smoething in between to break the monotony, like more of amreeeka as shown in phoren films, pal. get my drift ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Gogi Paai,

give us some night shots. Blinger alloys and under body neons .

Or you are not allowed to venture out in the night alone ?
know u will be surprised. I hardly saw any such things on the road. Even the nights i was out Alone or not... they were like invisible. I even drove into an african american neighbourhood to see these things but no way. Im trying to search these places they show so often in the movies. even the ones i saw wrer while i was driving or been driven so no actual time to get camera out. I think one will find more such beauties as a common sight in malaysia or thailand

@ Iraghava - Ishan only an idiot would think that a dodge caravan is an upgrade from a 300C what i meant was i had booked a 300 but they were out of cars so i opted for a status which is a midsize car and cheaper than a 300. The chick upgraded me from a stratus to a caravan which is like $40 more...so thats that. Buss kya yaar i would've died if she had meant what you thought!!
and i know its an H1 but its stilla hummer right. I think the one with that pick up thingy is called a SUT

Re the minivan, id rather drive a minivan than spend $30 more per day for a suzuki forenza aka optra(yuck)

Last edited by V-16 : 10th May 2007 at 10:43.
Old 10th May 2007, 11:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
He V-16 nice trip log. LA is sure a blast. Did you go see the hollywood sign?
There is a small narrow road which goes through a very very rich area to a small hillock. Thats the best place to see that sign. If you look down from the hill you see the whole of LA.
Its a very very unknown spot and we found it when we lost our way!
There were just 2 more people there, that spot is so deserted.
If you are interested I will dig up the old GPS logs which I may still have.
hey dude ..I think u are talking about Griffith park...
the unknown spot/hillock is near Dante's right ?? the narrow path leading from the observatory.. ??
so when did u visit ?
Old 10th May 2007, 11:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
the unknown spot/hillock is near Dante's right ?? the narrow path leading from the observatory.. ??
so when did u visit ?
you got it! was there from the 28th till the 5th. was staying at Orange County, on tustin and Chapman ..Ridgeline rd to be precise
Old 10th May 2007, 11:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
you got it! was there from the 28th till the 5th. was staying at Orange County, on tustin and Chapman ..Ridgeline rd to be precise
yep .. right..
we go there for a walk in the evenings, usually its on the way to the Indian store on Los Feliz..
so did u check out LA properly ?
holywood blvd, sunset blvd, rodeo drive, beverly hills,santamonica etc etc the usual stuff ?
Old 10th May 2007, 11:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yep .. right..
we go there for a walk in the evenings, usually its on the way to the Indian store on Los Feliz..
so did u check out LA properly ?
holywood blvd, sunset blvd, rodeo drive, beverly hills,santamonica etc etc the usual stuff ?
and Redondo Beach, Malibu Beach, Laguna beach and Newport beach too...wanted to go to huntington to check out the cars but could'nt... maybe next time.
Old 10th May 2007, 11:32   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
so when did u visit ?
Quote:
I was there on 28 May last year. Visited the beach, the Universal studios, but no disney.
No idea what it is called
Here is the view. Note its not a telephoto shot, but taken with a normal wide angle lens(kit lens at 35mm)
Towards the Sign

Towards LA

It looks so close that you can almost touch it

Quote:
and Redondo Beach, Malibu Beach, Laguna beach and Newport beach too...wanted to go to huntington to check out the cars but could'nt... maybe next time.
I have just seen the huntington and newport beach. Travelling by local bus makes you limited. Public transport system sucks in the US.
BTW did you check out the Fashion Mall in Irvine. Irivine has the nicest cars, I have never seen so many Ferrari's and Porsches on roads.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 10th May 2007 at 11:39.
Old 10th May 2007, 11:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

not at all places, it does.nt suck but LA and Chicago are horrible
Old 10th May 2007, 11:36   #43
BHPian

Quote:
ok ..so u have covered the area well..
If u want to see hardcore cars U should go to Irwindale on thursday nights .. if u want to see 6 to 10 sec cars ...loud as hell, popping flames
modded NSXs,supra's,evo's,rexes,tegs,supercharged american muscle, even a few top fuels also..
Old 10th May 2007, 11:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

shucks.. missed that, actually did'nt know or would be there for sure
Old 10th May 2007, 11:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I was there on 28 May last year. Visited the beach, the Universal studios, but no disney.
No idea what it is called
Here is the view. Note its not a telephoto shot, but taken with a normal wide angle lens(kit lens at 35mm)
Towards the Sign
BTW dude , whole of griffith has nearly burnt down, fires raging since 2 days...
u can see the smoke from glendale..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks