Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2007, 00:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

Ok Posting time again. The pics of the Nissan Skyline GTR will be posted...patience patience.
Then the next car I rode in was a humble Chevy Malibu. Well it works like this. Get a stock plain jane Chevy Malibu, rip apart the stock engine. Jazz the engine up with mods (pistons, sleeves, racing cams, the works). Throw in two turbos, plonk in a manual five speed. Oh i almost forgot, headers and exhaust too. This is what she sounds like. Hear the sweet blow by hiss and hes not flooring it coz hes got some backfire issues.....Dont expect to see a lot in these links. One can just about hear the sweet sound of the engine and the Blowby in all the videos. Also its hard to keep your hand stady against the G forces....seriously fast...then the camera went on a blink again just during the third video. Sorry... But im gonna take more pics somehow. meanwhile.........
MMMmmmmm enjoy..I already did

Presenting The Turbo Chevy Malibu on steroids

Ok now for the pics of the GTR. Its getting pumped up with bigger turbos, etc, etc. Parked in the workshop. And u know what theres not one but two of them. The others pics i could,nt get coz at that time the digicam battery was all blinked out.

And guess what, its a RHD. A RHD in a LHD country? This was a jap import and when i enquired the owner said, well its cool to have a RHD car. To be exact, both the GTRs I saw were RHD.

This ones a Nissan Pulsar next to the GTR getting some serious hormones

The Pulsar's interior...Yes this ones a Right Hand Drive too. Remember the Cool Factor?!

The Pulsar Engine. Almost done and ready to rock this small cars boat. Theres a chevy pick up truck in the background

This ones a Chevy Silverado pick up truck which has been lowered and turbocharged. Its very very fast I believe and ill believe anything they say after what ive experienced.

More to come...

Last edited by V-16 : 30th May 2007 at 01:04. Reason: corrections
Old 30th May 2007, 01:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

It has got a SONY hu......
Old 30th May 2007, 01:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Gogi bhai, will review them & the videos a little later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
And guess what, its a RHD. A RHD in a LHD country? This was a jap import and when i enquired the owner said, well its cool to have a RHD car. To be exact, both the GTRs I saw were RHD.
That's because the R32/33/34 Skylines were only made as RHD, no LHD available or manufactured. Hence, all you'll see in the US are going to be RHD's which are Grey imports since Nissan didn't sell them either (And can't due to no LHD). However, the US Govt. allows import of RHD vehicles as a one-off cases so individuals can do it & so there are a lot of Godzilla's out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
It has got a SONY hu......
You DON'T listen to Audio in a car like that LBM, no need to!!! Her engine/exhaust is music enough, right Gogi bhai??

Last edited by iraghava : 30th May 2007 at 01:22.
Old 30th May 2007, 01:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

This is the Chevy truck's engine bay. Clean good work

And this is the lowered Chevrolet Silverado Pick up with a 5 speed Manual shift!!

Also noticed a 40's Ford Fergusson Tractor, undergoing restoration. Wasfound in a farm and he decided to take it on. Well almost complete.

The missing Ford emblem is now restored and ready to adorn the grill

Under wraps is a 69 Dodge Charger R/T awaiting restoration. The car is completely apart so did'nt think to post its unrestored pics as its still in many pieces. Plans are on to retore this one. So this covered pic will have to do.

More pics as i get them out of my digicam. Till then please feel free to comment.

Last edited by V-16 : 30th May 2007 at 01:27. Reason: correction
Old 30th May 2007, 01:31   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Nice pics Gogi bhai, will review them & the videos a little later!

That's because the R32/33/34 Skylines were only made as RHD, no LHD available or manufactured. Hence, all you'll see in the US are going to be RHD's which are Grey imports since Nissan didn't sell them either (And can't due to no LHD). However, the US Govt. allows import of RHD vehicles as a one-off cases so individuals can do it & so there are a lot of Godzilla's out there!

You DON'T listen to Audio in a car like that LBM, no need to!!! Her engine/exhaust is music enough, right Gogi bhai??
Ya ure right but i thought they;d have made LHD conversions like we do to LHD cars viz the early Hummers in Bombay.

Re the Sony Head Unit... Frankly I had'nt even noticed but these Japanis are very strict about using their own stuff. They are down right patriotic. Secondly as Ishan has beautifully put it, the music was the engine sound and the speaker was the exhaust.

Last edited by V-16 : 30th May 2007 at 01:33.
Old 30th May 2007, 02:54   #66
BHPian

Hi Gogi, nice to see some pics of videos of our cars. It was nice meeting you bro. Wait til you come out the next time. A few more cars will be out and about. FYI I think I'm the only person that works for a company. The rest all have business' hehehe. Jignesh when are you going to come down.
Old 30th May 2007, 03:55   #67

hey gogi it was a pleasure meeting you, next time when you drop by ill take you for a spin in the gtr as well as the malibu with a better tune !!!!

btw heres the pics of the car before i took it out for the summer

if you would like to see more

www.cardomain.com/ride/783746
Old 30th May 2007, 07:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for everything guys. Paul,Many, Deep, Navi & Gupi. You guys are great. Ive got ur email, will be in touch and do post pics of the other cars as well. The Malibu for sure.
Old 3rd June 2007, 10:57   #69

hi v-16
hope u enjoyed your stay in toronto and i hope u had some fun with us. for all the other guys my name's Deep, and here are some more pic

Old 3rd June 2007, 13:26   #70
BHPian

wow nice man, absolutely fabulous ride.
BTW welcome aboard dude.
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:15   #71
BHPian

thats a neat c5 z06 how much is it churning out right now.
Old 3rd June 2007, 20:59   #72
BHPian

that there car is making 750 with nitrous, and future plans for it is to go Pro-Charger 1000+
Old 3rd June 2007, 22:09   #73
BHPian

Some pics of my car as soon by Gogi, enjoy all:

Old 4th June 2007, 01:18   #74
BHPian

wow,mind blowing car you 've got there.
really a dream ride.
Old 4th June 2007, 06:43   #75

Hey Gogi its Navi and Gupi. it was really nice to meet you and hope to see you soon

Heres pics of our civic

All it has is a catback exhaust and short ram intake. its lowered on tein Super Street coilovers, skunk 2 upper adj. control arms, rear ingalls camber kit and 16'' gold rota boost wheels

and sorry for the big pics

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks