Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2021, 16:42   #16
BHPian

Re: Goa in search of driving roads, food and churches

Excellent write up! Feels really nice to read such threads given the mood these days.

Road trip to Goa is on my bucket list! Beaches & Food!

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th August 2021 at 19:11. Reason: Typo.
slayer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 16:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post

Once again a wonderful travelogue and thanks for sharing it on a Thursday! This makes me feel like driving somewhere this weekend now.
Thanks AD. I know you will end up driving somewhere for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
This sounds like an adventure of a lifetime, one that will remain in your memories till end.
In fact few folks told us to go back home as well when we were enquiring for alternate routes that were open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Thank you for the travelogue. I am fairly certain of having seen this convoy en route to my office. Had i known the convoy was of Bhpians i could have waved to you guys.

This would have been morning 7:30-7:45 ish sometime last week. I was riding along the highways towards Coimbatore around 2 Km short of L&T Bypass when the glowing DRL of this Octavia came in my rear view mirror. I was trying to guess from the stance if it was one of the hot versions when you crossed me. The Cayenne followed not more than 10 seconds later. I distinctly remember the number plate as well.

Look forward to crossing paths sometime in future. Wishing you safe and joyous journeys.
Hey, that is a nice surprise. Good to know your coordinates. Will keep an eye out for spotting as we do that section quite a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I can imagine the 'heart in the mouth' moment when you had to wade through torrential rains en route to Goa. .

There was a nice drone shot in your video. You had packed a drone for this. Please share some information about your gear.
All adventure which went well look good on hindsight but yes there were definitely instances when i was doubting my sanity which anyway doesn't rank very high. Gear was the usual stuff. Few gopros, a dslr and a drone. If not for the persistent rain, we would have had more stops for pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrangiri View Post
Looking for a good drive with WDM once the monsoon ends in Sept/Oct.
Cheers !!
Thanks Indran. Monsoon itself is a great time to drive. Sept is far away. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_aithal View Post
This will surely be one of the memorable visits to Goa for you all.
These kind of drives are never forgotten and will be told over local brew with added spice in the years to come. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Quite a rare variant, since it comes with a V8 diesel engine! Not too many of them were sold I guess with this engine.
yes. I am told only double digit number of this model sold here.

Last edited by megazoid : 5th August 2021 at 16:47.
megazoid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 17:20   #18
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

What an incredible trip, Hari! I saw the videos yesterday and I am happy that you're active once more.

This is a nice piece of travelogue.
vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 17:50   #19
BHPian

Awesome travelogue and great pictures. Goa is an eternal favourite and a road trip is definitely due. Can I know the name of the place you stayed at in Gokarna? Looks quite good. Thanks.
sanmish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 19:22   #20
BHPian

Great write up and a very memorable journey too!!

I had been to Honnavar a little while ago, the plan was to go from Yellapur to Gokarna and proceed to Honnavar, a little while into Yellapur, a truck had toppled, effectively blocking the road. Many tourist from Bangalore and other states driving to Goa were not aware of the Sirsi road and were just waiting for the road to be cleared.

From Yellapur we went to Sirsi and from there Kumta to Honnavar, the ghat section from Sirsi to Kumta is a pleasure to drive, the roads patchy at a few places, but the traffic is scant.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 03:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving joy again

Beautiful roads, destinations, and media to share with us all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Cayenne has a 100 liter fuel tank, runs on diesel, out accelerates and out handles everything and can go anywhere too.
This car is just insane. It's a sports car on stilts, and they've somehow managed to get that diesel V8 to sound like a muscle car. I've never seen a more perfect car for India - it's great for driving around town, off-roading, highway blasts, and even track days, all while giving 10+ kmpl - long as you can afford the car itself!
v1p3r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 22:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
happy that you're active once more.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmish View Post
Can I know the name of the place you stayed at in Gokarna?
Sanskruti resorts. We just went their to crash but the place makes for a good stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
the ghat section from Sirsi to Kumta is a pleasure to drive, the roads patchy at a few places, but the traffic is scant.
Yes. these roads make the drive worth it compared to the big highways. A good mix of the two is ideal for a longish trip and this fortunately had that balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
it's great for driving around town, off-roading, highway blasts, and even track days, all while giving 10+ kmpl - long as you can afford the car itself!
Thanks. Loved the part after the hyphen
megazoid is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks