Team-BHP > Travelogues

Old 12th September 2021, 00:36   #31

Default Re: Assam To Ladakh in a Hyundai Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.city View Post
2. The DFP clogging has caught my attention. Could you share how/where did you learn about the high RPM solution? Not able to wrap my around how does high rpm help with soot built up.
From what I understand, the DPF clogging refers to soot build up which needs to be burnt away. One way to do it is to increase the exhaust temperature to burn the soot by keeping the engine at high RPM. Hope that helps!
StrikerK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 20:28   #32
BHPian

Mindboggling drives, I must say. Hats off to you both. Wonder how you handled tiredness and fatigue. Any tips for handling boredom on these long drives. Congrats for nice write-up along with good photographs.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th September 2021 at 12:39. Reason: PM coming up.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 09:48   #33
BHPian

Wow, a brilliant travelogue. Great trip LONG_TOURER, true to your username.
Have gone through your ownership thread as well and it was one of the threads that helped me to narrow down and book the tucson AWD after looking at multiple choices.

While the DPF issue is worrying, it is to be expected. The way I see it is, BS6 diesels need to be taken out on long drives every other week, so I consider that as a nice feature
starrys987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 12:55   #34
BHPian

Absolutely brilliant travelogue @long_tourer along with beautiful pictures. Duly rated this thread a well deserved *****.

I read through all your posts in one go. A quick question, how much did you pick up the Pirelli scorpions for.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 09:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
You could have taken route the Guwahati- Siliguri- Moregram- Bolpur- Shantiniketan- Panagarh- Muchipara- Bidhan nagar route instead of Bhaglapur- Nalla- Asansol route..
I have tried the route mentioned by you on my previous trips. I however prefer the Bhagalpur route until the Dalkhola bypass construction is completed. And yes, we do stay very closeby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel@makrand View Post

Well, if you are coming towards Delhi from Varanasi, please keep driving on NH (old name was NH2) till well beyond Etawah and then take ALE after Jaswantnagar
Thank you very much for your valuable inputs. I shall keep that on mind in my upcoming trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP_1812 View Post
As someone who has just booked a BS-6 diesel Tucson, I am a bit concerned about the DPF issue. Is this specific to this car or is it a BS-6 diesel trait? Please do keep us posted about your DPF issues and how Hyundai resolves it.
Congratulations in advance for booking your Tucson, what is the waiting period now ? It is a fantastic car with a powerful engine and a great gearbox. You would enjoy the car for sure. As far DPF is concerned, i never had any DPF clogging issue in my 20k kms of ownership. The DPF started giving troubles during my Ladakh trip. More about the issue will be updated in my ownership review soon. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.city View Post
1. Is your Tucson an AWD? I'm very curious how you drove though the sand and water so smoothly
2. The DFP clogging has caught my attention. Could you share how/where did you learn about the high RPM solution? Not able to wrap my around how does high rpm help with soot built up.
My Tucson is a Non-HTRAC GLS version. You can find more about DPF declogging in the owner's manual and there are many Youtube videos about the same. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post

What's the next trip planned now?
Thanks for reading. Well, no plans as yet. but I am looking forward to explore the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
Mindboggling drives, I must say. Hats off to you both. Wonder how you handled tiredness and fatigue. Any tips for handling boredom on these long drives. Congrats for nice write-up along with good photographs.
There are many factors which helped me in those long drives. Firstly, the car itself, Tucson is a very comfortable highway tourer. At 100kmph, the car simply revvs at 1.5k RPM hence you don't feel any noise and vibration inside the cabin and the seat are super comfy with Lumbar support. Secondly, I love to do cross country tours and long distance cruising have become a habit of mine lately. Also taking lot of water, energy drinks during the drive, stretching break in 100kms and powernaps in between helps alot. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
I read through all your posts in one go. A quick question, how much did you pick up the Pirelli scorpions for.
Thanks for reading. I have PMed you regarding the tyre cost. cheers
LONG_TOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 09:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
anything from the North-East is very dear to me and that you have started from Guwahati makes it even more special.
Thanks for reading ABHI_1512. I am a frequent reader of your travelogues as well and to be honest, i got the confidence of doing Guwahati to Durgapur non stop only after going through your travelogue to Arunachal.
LONG_TOURER is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed