Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2021, 19:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Kaas! If only...Tapola in a Tata Nexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Can you share details about this ferry? Being from Satara I had no idea about this till now .

Would be helpful if you mark the starting and disembarking spot on map. I am aware of a road from Tapola which takes you to Kaas directly.
Didn't know about it as well!
though have done boat rides to vasota forst/ triveni sangam points there.

Found a video about ferry..

Been there at Tapola and can relate to the journey and experience. Well captured.
Old 24th September 2021, 16:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Are you sure about this? Have you verified the FE displayed on the MID?
I don't really pay much attention to fuel efficiency. Not that I want to come across as insensitive but the reason I own a car is for road trips. FE isn't really a concern since I don't drive daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyabrata.dash View Post
Very beautifully written travelogue and I know what you have experienced. I have always driven to Kaas through the long winding ghats because I never knew there was a Ferry option!

But I must say I have enjoyed the drive through Bamnoli Ghat. If in a hurry, I will surely opt for the ferry next time.
Thanks a lot! I didn't know there was a ferry till the resort owner mentioned it.

Of course the Bamnoli Ghat and Koyna Agro Resort are beautiful but I guess almost all the agro resorts there are beautiful because they are so close to the riverbank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmathews View Post
Guess almost everyone missed this. Stay Safe, even in your own vehicle.
It was pointless because throughout the journey, we didn't see anyone wear a mask. Secondly, I would have anyways removed the mask since my glasses were fogging up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Can you share details about this ferry? Being from Satara I had no idea about this till now .

Would be helpful if you mark the starting and disembarking spot on map. I am aware of a road from Tapola which takes you to Kaas directly.
I guess the ferry is really secretive. Lol! But on the maps you can put Kinara Agro Tourism Resort, Tapola. Right next to it is Vishal Boating Club. That's where the Zilla Parishad operates this ferry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Apart from the boat ride you should also try visit the surrounding locations in winter. Given you are from Satara its a perfect place to go around in winter.

While monsoon is all about green, you can witness rest all colours in winter. It’s absolutely brilliant! Especially the early morning sunrise!
I am from Mumbai, but I'm sure it would be pretty in the winters as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd18 View Post
Didn't know about it as well!
though have done boat rides to vasota forst/ triveni sangam points there.

Been there at Tapola and can relate to the journey and experience. Well captured.
Thanks for the new places suggestions.
Old 24th September 2021, 19:53   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zignor View Post
I am from Mumbai, but I'm sure it would be pretty in the winters as well.

Here are some old snaps. Take 8 years back in winter!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4261808 (Coimbatore to Shirdi route query)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks