Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 04:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Grey Car, Grey Skies, Colourful Drive | Kollur, Udupi and Murudeshwar in an Audi A6

Nice.

It also struck me that I have not seen a new A6 is a long time. Your car looks elegant.

Is that railway line the one between Sagar and Shimoga? That level crossing looks familiar.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Grey Car, Grey Skies, Colourful Drive | Kollur, Udupi and Murudeshwar in an Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Beautiful thread, sir. Enjoyed the pics very much. That’s a brilliant car you’ve got there. The Matrix lights indeed seem fascinating, do mention more about them in another (review) thread!
Thanks Helix. The lights are something that I am getting so fascinated. In my weekend trip to Blr-Palani-Coimbatore-Blr, I had a chance to experience this. Given I was driving solo, I could not take pics, but I shall surely cover it in my ownership review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hilarious travelogue and glad it turned out well after the key-banger episode and your hotel booking fiasco. Surprised you had the gall to actually manage to click a couple of picks while getting barbecued at the 'moist' hotel.

By the way, cannot remember when I have seen a more majestic sight than your A6 against the sea. It makes the Superb (another hefty sedan!) look pedestrian in comparison. Wish you many years and kilometers of enjoyment with it!

Did Audi revert on the key replacement thingy? Is it all working? If not, you can consider claiming insurance on it unless you have a hefty NCB. Anyways, quickly buy a silicone pouch for both the keys. Customized pouches are available for most brands off Amazon India. My Skoda and BMW keys have been saved multiple times due to the silicon/rubber.

Looking forward to the great buying decision thread!
Thank you much!. Audi hasn't responded yet and I sent them a reminder yesterday. As for the key cover, I found one at Amazon and ordered two.
The waters and the car made a pretty sight, and a quick point and shoot with my humble iPhone 8 turned out good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
Lovely write up. Glad to see you are enjoying the new car on such pretty roads. Would be nice to have a full ownership review on things you like and dislike about this vehicle.
Thank you, and yes, its still in progress. I did another weekend trip and the ODO is now at close to 4000km and I now have a very good idea of what the likes and dislikes are. Thankfully, the likes at this time far outweighs the dislikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Congrats on the majestic A6
Decisions like yours revive the debate (joyfully, I must add since I may go down this route as well) on ownership of a luxury sedan vs the ever-throttling SUV diaspora!

Oh you are one lucky husband, mate. The word "listen" gives me goosebumps every time I get to know someone in the brotherhood hear that!

Looking forward to the complete works - buying decision, shortlisted candidates and the initial ownership experience, replete with pics
Thanks josh. Having driven diesel giants (safari, innova's) for the past 15 years, this totally is like a breath of fresh air, so much so, I am looking for excuses to venture out.

And the 'Listen' comes in tones and sometimes in different languages, and I now am a pro at guessing what the scenes will likely layout depending on what I hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
What a fantastic thread & lovely set of pictures

Thank you for maintaining a right mix of pictures of your car, the beautiful roads, scenic surroundings, technical details about your car (TFSI, Matrix etc), narration/story & great captions for your pictures as IMO that's how a travelogue should be and not zoomed in images of food/plates as this is a Automobile forum

Finally, Great to see an Audi A6 Travelogue acting as a breadth of fresh air in this forum dominated by BMW's.
Thank you. Food is something the least we click as as a family. I now feel that we are one hungry family who can't resist food waiting at the table and we all jump in.

Part of the reason why the ownership experience thread got delayed to write is because, I always fear that the bricks will come out here. I know how much the BMW's are loved here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba run View Post
Chirpy travelogue with a great car. On my wish list too! Good you did not travel through the Hassan/Saklespur stretch. It is a nightmare.
The Bangalore-Mangalore route thread had so much of nightmare examples, that helped me stay away from the route. One of the big reasons why tbhp is such a great helpful forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Well-written travelogue which made for a fun read! Monsoon drives in the coastal regions is an amazing experience. Especially so in a sedan when you well-laid roads. I wanted to do a monsoon drive in this stretch for long, but the not so great road conditions and a sedan that scrapes easily have held me back. Your travelogue is quite encouraging

The A6 is a wonderful car, I got a chance to drive one recently for some 400kms and it truly is a very well-balanced car though it may not appear so on paper. The well-calibrated suspension, matrix headlights and the wonderful 2L especially in S mode meant I barely realised the speeds I was doing until the alerts at 120 went off.

Congratulations on a fine choice and wish you a many years of joyful ownership with it. Looking forward to the full ownership review
Shashank - the rains are still on and if you have the time, please do a drive on those stretches. When I was told that the stretch and tarmac is something else, I was so eager to hit those roads. And, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Congratulations on the Audi and a nice short writeup. I am wondering if this "flashing before overtaking" is an india specific feature. It is not available in Europe/Germany models with Matrix and even the Digital Matrix headlights. Can you check (during your next trip), if it really flashes or is it just the Matrix function powering those LEDs that are not going to blind the vehicle in front?

P.S: Here, the lights flash, if there is an obstacle or pedastrian detected in your path. This is not a flash at them, rather to draw your attention towards the obstacle. I am not sure if this is what your car did.
You are right Alpha. Like I said, I am still learning the car. As surprising as it may sound, the Manual that came with this car is perhaps a book that is so hard to read and follow, thanks to the multiple cross reference pages and symbols etc. I am the one who reads the manuals cover to cover, and I struggled and despite the struggle, I didn't find much on the lights. You were right to say that the flash is more to help identify an animal or a person or anything on the way. That's what I experienced in my latest weekend trip to Palani/Coimbatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
Congratulations on your beautiful new A6

Crisp and nicely written travelogue.

Glad to see that you are thoroughly enjoying your new ride. Wishing you many more happy miles.

Waiting for your decision making and buying experience thread. I have noticed a few posts when you had mentioned about your booking. Good to see that in this age of SUV vs Sedan saga, there are still takers for good sedans.
Thank you. Yes, the A4 discount thread is what nudged me to the Audi's and I never imagined that an A4 thought becomes an A6 ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Beautiful travelogue, and a great looking car! Loved both the travelogue and the car. The pictures are fantastic and make me feel like driving on this route again :-) Thanks for sharing this!

I did a solo drive on the same circuit just 2 weeks ago, and I had stayed at UVA Meridian too. The suggestions I gave you were based on my drive just two weeks ago.

This is a great picture. The car looks amazing!

It is great to see you enjoyed your car, and given how lovely the A6 is, I am sure you will enjoy every single drive in this.

Thanks for sharing the real-world feedback on the Matrix Headlamps. Great to see them working so well. With such headlights, night drives will become really enjoyable. I love night drives (in principle), but the LED headlights of my 320d are so poor that I have practically given up on night driving. I only read about night driving in such travelogues now.

Congratulations on the new car and looking forward to many more drive reports and photos!
Thank you so much Dr AD and many thanks for the helpful insights on routes etc. Its been exactly 4 weeks and I am close to 4K km's. That's how much I am loving to hit the highways in the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Sir, that is one heck of a travelogue. Don't need a ton of pics to convey what lovely time you had there. And, the way you write is awesome, just like your Audi. The 'when my wife told listen' part was pure gold. I read it a few times and had a good laugh. Good luck with that beauty A6!
Thank you Raghu. I am glad I am not alone to the 'listen' syndrome and comforting to know that there is a big brethren out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Was wondering about that as well. Is it a flash or lighting up extreme portions of the road which seems like a flash? While I absolutely love the matrix headlamps, in heavy traffic on dual carriageways it does appear to get a little confused at times, especially at higher speeds.

P.s. lovely write up and the car looks lovely in this colour!
Caramba - it indeed was an error from my side. It was lighting up extremes of the roads. I actually started appreciating it in the Palani-Coimbatore stretch that I did between 7.30 to 9.30 pm. It was very helpful.

[quote=Dieseldunk;5161055]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

Side Lines
Attachment 2211829

Lovely write up and amazing pics , are you in the professional photographer guild by any chance
Cheers
DP
Thanks DP. I always wish that I could click half as good pictures as other members here in our forum, but am far from it. All pictures were either from my iphone8 or my from my wife's XR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Nice.

It also struck me that I have not seen a new A6 is a long time. Your car looks elegant.

Is that railway line the one between Sagar and Shimoga? That level crossing looks familiar.
That is exactly right, it is the one between Sagar/Shimoga. It was a very pretty sight, in the evening, with the light playing bright and the colours being vibrant there.
jkrishnakj is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks