Team-BHP > Travelogues

Old 11th October 2021, 23:22   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Unraveling the mystery of Gopinatham Mystery Trails

Great find (for me), thanks for writing this wonderful travelogue, KarthikK. I immediately checked availability for the 29th October weekend but it seems to be booked out. Surely doing it in November.
roovee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 07:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Superb details Karthik. Itís a very quiet place. Standard JLR fare. Good to know they are renovating and revamping facilities. When we visited, we were the only family then.

The Halagur idly place is getting lots of crowds on weekends, thanks to the Youtubers.

The MM hills route is picturesque. Even the stretch beyond, that leads to Germalem is beautiful as well (I think it should be around 40km from there). Those are places that truly hasnít seen crowds yet, hopefully remain for a few more years.

The way youíve captured pics and written, it makes me visit again. Thank you.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 13:03   #18

Lovely travelogue! There's so much hidden beauty all across India and it's wonderful to explore such off-beat places.

This is surely going be to on my go-to list when I visit Karntaka.
Zignor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 19:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Thank you for this lovely and detailed travelogue.

I had never heard of Gopinatham (or perhaps it never registered) and it was always Sathyamangalam that came to mind when Veerappan was mentioned. Will definitely plan a visit here soon.
Thanks for the kind words a_chelat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umash View Post
It is not just Mystery Trail. For me, going through the travelogue is a memory trail also. In early 1980s travelled frequently in this area and Ajjanahalli across the river in Tamil Nadu to source black granite stones from the quarries there. By then Veerappan is just a name. Not so fearsome as in the later days. I left the Granite business in 1990. After 31 years, the travelogue made me to recall those days of wild travel.
Really interesting to hear of your experience with this region. I guess those days will have been far more challenging with no mobile phones, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roovee View Post
Great find (for me), thanks for writing this wonderful travelogue, KarthikK. I immediately checked availability for the 29th October weekend but it seems to be booked out. Surely doing it in November.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Superb details Karthik. Itís a very quiet place. Standard JLR fare. Good to know they are renovating and revamping facilities. When we visited, we were the only family then.

The Halagur idly place is getting lots of crowds on weekends, thanks to the Youtubers.

The MM hills route is picturesque. Even the stretch beyond, that leads to Germalem is beautiful as well (I think it should be around 40km from there). Those are places that truly hasnít seen crowds yet, hopefully remain for a few more years.

The way youíve captured pics and written, it makes me visit again. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zignor View Post
Lovely travelogue! There's so much hidden beauty all across India and it's wonderful to explore such off-beat places.

This is surely going be to on my go-to list when I visit Karntaka.
Thank you roovee, jkrishnakj and Zignor for your kind words, glad it was helpful to you
Old 19th October 2021, 21:50   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

I guess those days will have been far more challenging with no mobile phones, etc.
Why mobile phones? Even a landline phone is luxury by then. We book PP trunk calls and wait for hours to get connected.
Umash is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed