Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 20:37   #16
BHPian

Re: Mim village, Sukhia Pokhri : Nexon's maiden hill drive in search of a little forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
The first drive to the Himalaya in a new car is always special.
Thank you Samba. As you said, Nexon indeed is a peepy car to drive on the Himalayan roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Reading this was the ideal way to start the week & beating the Monday blues!
Thank you Arjab. Your suggestion regarding the stretch of the B2B road was spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
First of all, Congratulations on the Nexon Golam Da. It looks amazing in the hills. ... As discussed with you, we took the SH-6 route and loved it.
Thanks a lot Pawan. It's good to know that you had a smooth drive on SH-6. Will wait for your new travelogue on your last week's hill trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulemanP View Post
Excellent travelogue! on the one side it lets you know the beautiful landscape in Northern India and on the other side it tells you how capable TATA Nexon is. It really builds confidence about the machine for other owners who may have not tried their hands on hilly terrain...
Thank you very much Suleman for your appreciation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
I must say your Nexon Petrol returned an astonishing Mileage of 16.2 KMPL that too on hilly terrain. ... Maybe we'll get to see some more beautiful locations in your quest to see the might Kanchenjunga!
Thanks buntee90. I guess, my forage for Mt. Kanchenjunga would continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Ha ha, add "thoda duur" (little bit far) to this as well. We all know about country miles, mountain miles are something we come to know when we ask for distances in the Himalayas
Indeed, Sumitro! One must have the right appetite to digest the term "Thoda" from people of the hill. Otherwise, it would lead to indigestion of different kinds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Wow. Lovely Travelogue. Awesome Pictures and beautiful descriptions.
Thank you so much SVK for your comments. With best wishes.

Last edited by gmhossain : 18th October 2021 at 20:39.
gmhossain is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 15:55   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mim village, Sukhia Pokhri : Nexon's maiden hill drive in search of a little forest

Fantastic pictures and a lovely Scribble with the spanking new Nexon Golam Da. Little anecdotes make so much wonderful reading pertaining to a road trip. Mountain miles are always so good to crunch, specially when you have got a capable vehicle in your hand.

You mentioned that you guys stopped at BP Moregram, how was the experience ? Last time I checked, the place was in a mess !! I am at a loss of words regarding your Kanchanjunga experience, may be you need a mountain luck more than anyone else. Will wait for your next,

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 18:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Fantastic pictures and a lovely Scribble with the spanking new Nexon ... You mentioned that you guys stopped at BP Moregram, how was the experience ? Last time I checked, the place was in a mess !! I am at a loss of words regarding your Kanchanjunga experience, may be you need a mountain luck more than anyone else.
Thank you very much Abhi. We do stop at BP Morgram and that too almost every time. However, it is mainly to refuel our car and my better half and daughter use their restroom behind the pump-counter which is kept under lock. It is generally clean. We basically ask for the key of the restroom. We also invariably eat there (in the pump side, near those trees in the corner) but the foods are always carried from home. Last we time we ate anything from the attached dhaba, was many years ago!

Regarding Mt. K, I guess, now it is more fun for me in pursuing the interest than achieving it!

Best,

Last edited by gmhossain : 20th October 2021 at 18:43.
gmhossain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 05:21   #19
BHPian

Fantastic travelogue Hossain da, the adventurous climb on the unknown steep amidst dense fog with GPS being clueless is something that will certainly send chill across the spine of everyone.

You have a loving and supportive family and the photos came out really nice. The interior of the homestay seems to be fantastic with respect to regular homestay standards.

Lastly Nexon proved to be an all terrain winner one more time, nothing more rewarding than this for Nexon owners.

Rated 5 stars, keep traveling and keep gifting us such travelogues.
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 16:43   #20
BHPian

Wow Golam da congrats and welcome to Nexon family. Good to see you enjoying with Nexon. I'm just back from my Ladakh Road trip. Working on my travelogue.
Sujoy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 19:33   #21
BHPian

Wonderful gmhossain
Awaiting my time to go on a similar trip with my Nexon. It was a joy to read your travelogue...very crisp but in details
Also being new to the Nexon club...still learning about my vehicle every day.
drritwik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 21:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Fantastic travelogue Hossain da, the adventurous climb on the unknown steep amidst dense fog with GPS being clueless is something that will certainly send chill across the spine of everyone.
Thank you very much Saikat. Indeed, it was an experience of a kind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy76 View Post
Good to see you enjoying with Nexon. I'm just back from my Ladakh Road trip. Working on my travelogue.
Thank you Sujoy. I will surely wait for your next Ladakh travelogue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drritwik View Post
Awaiting my time to go on a similar trip with my Nexon. It was a joy to read your travelogue...very crisp but in details
Also being new to the Nexon club...still learning about my vehicle every day.
Thanks a lot drritwik. I guess, your Nexon has got enough run-in period already and is now ready to take on the Himalayan terrain.

Best wishes,
gmhossain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 15:33   #23
BHPian

The fog this year up north has been frighteningly severe. But you just missed Mt.K by a whisker this time. We were up there the week after and as per BHPian dip27in, we were at the brink of getting bored of the snow peaks showering their blessings on us all through the day and night right from the outskirts of Bagdogra, till the day we left Sikkim just in the nick of time to avoid the fury of the rain Gods.

Mim busty looks amazing and I can visualize how stunning it would be on a bright and clear day. The Nexon looks best in this shade and will always outperform its stature. Congratulations on the new car. Wish it fulfills all your travel desires and more.

I thought only my missus insists on removing the front passenger seat headrest on trips. We normally leave it back home now. Glad to have company.

Thanks for sharing.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 18:37   #24
BHPian

Lovely travelogue with great pictures. It's always a delight to read.

We are also planning our maiden trip to the hills, sometime in mid November.

I see you have fitted a dashcam in your Nexon. From the pictures, it seems to be a DDPAI Mola N3. Am I right? Also, how did you manage to minimize the dashboard glare? In my Ecosport, the glare is really bad.
suvrog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 09:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Mim busty looks amazing and I can visualize how stunning it would be on a bright and clear day. The Nexon looks best in this shade and will always outperform its stature. Congratulations on the new car.
Thank you Mithun. I will surely wait for your next travelogue! Regarding Mt. K, apparently, it was in its full glory at Mim busty, even two days before we reached there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
I thought only my missus insists on removing the front passenger seat headrest on trips. We normally leave it back home now. Glad to have company.
Spot on! In fact, I called up my better half to show this comment of yours. Generally, we slide the headrest below the front passenger seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvrog View Post
Lovely travelogue with great pictures. It's always a delight to read. We are also planning our maiden trip to the hills, sometime in mid November.
Thanks a lot suvrog. Wish you all the best on your upcoming hill trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvrog View Post
I see you have fitted a dashcam in your Nexon. From the pictures, it seems to be a DDPAI Mola N3. Am I right? Also, how did you manage to minimize the dashboard glare? In my Ecosport, the glare is really bad.
Nope, it's a Blueskysea B1W dashcam. It's now 3 years old but takes decent video at 1080p. Regarding glare, I have attached a polarizer filter which is available for B1W.

Best,
Old 3rd November 2021, 16:48   #26
BHPian

Firstly congratulations, on purchasing a superb, capable vehicle. And the next one is for taking to the place it belongs!

Btw, it seems there is a correlation between your travels and mine
Because this, I believe, is the second time, when you had posted it (and I found out that was around 15th Oct), I was travelling and out of network coverage. Hence, the delay in my response.

I wonder, how do you find such offbeat locales? Since the MiM tea gardens is in Sukhia, did you get the scope to visit Chamong Tea Gardens which, too, are very beautiful? It is also located a few miles down from Sukhiapokhri.

I am sure with your new ride, your visits to the hills will only increase and Kanchenjunga will show itself some day soon.

Best Regards,
Sayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
"Do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to, is better than the one to come?" -- Jalaluddin Rumi
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 10:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Firstly congratulations, on purchasing a superb, capable vehicle. And the next one is for taking to the place it belongs!

Btw, it seems there is a correlation between your travels and mine.
Because this, I believe, is the second time, when you had posted it (and I found out that was around 15th Oct), I was travelling and out of network coverage. Hence, the delay in my response.

I wonder, how do you find such offbeat locales? Since the MiM tea gardens is in Sukhia, did you get the scope to visit Chamong Tea Gardens which, too, are very beautiful? It is also located a few miles down from Sukhiapokhri.
Thank you very much, Sayak. Indeed, it seems our travels are somehow correlated. I saw your post and knew you were off to a real big road trip! I will surely wait to read your next mega travelogue.

No, we didn't visit Chamong area but it's in my list for future. Somehow, this time we were rushed but nevertheless managed to have a decent trip that I badly needed to keep my sanity intact.

Best wishes,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks