Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2021, 02:31   #46
BHPian

Re: Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD

Excellent Travelogue. Loved each and every part of it.

I was in awe after seeing the photographs. Reading it and seeing the photos gave me a vibe that I was part of the whole trip with you guys.
I have added this itinerary to my 'Places to Visit' notes. Will have to plan and execute it soon.

I am in love with the pictures of Dzongu. Even if Gurudongmar isn't in the cards, will make a small trip to this place soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Our meeting point was in front of Mother Dairy, Dankuni at 4 pm. Team Ecosport reached Dankuni 5 mins before time and to surprise us, Bhpian Mountain_deep came with his Duster AWD to wish us Bon voyage. He was sad, as he wont be a part of this trip due to his college projects. We were sad too, to leave him behind and proceed for the trip.
How could I miss this opportunity ?
I wanted to be a part of the gang and drive with you guys this time itself and would have had joined if it would have been possible. Atleast meeting everyone at the start of the trip and having the amazing coffee made by Sayata gave me a feeling of being included.

In April, we attempted Gurudongmar together but unfortunately it did not materialise due to snowfall and this time I got stuck. I guess I am carrying some bad luck for Gurudongmar plans.

Sharing a couple of pictures from that trip:
Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-img_2486.jpg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-img_2490.jpg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-img_2529.jpg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-img_2531.jpg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-img_2534.jpg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-img_2544.jpg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-img_2549.jpg
Mountain_Deep is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 09:08   #47
BHPian

As usual in your typical style of writing the travelogue. This one too has been brilliant. Seems you have had lots and lots of fun. Keep enjoying dada. How did the tyres perform overall throughout the trip and how are they holding up now?

Regards,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 23:38   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetarin View Post
As always, brilliant travelogue Samba da!
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviC93 View Post
Adding to this already majestic write up from bhpian Samba will be my footnote.
Thanks Avi, the pics shared by your are magnificent! You should get yourself a DSLR very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayata View Post
We enjoyed this trip to the core like there is no tomorrow.
But deep inside, I missed my wife and 2 years old son, Aahan. Aahan is too young to take a trip to such an unforgiving terrain.
Came back and promised myself to be back here again with Aahan soon, the father son duo pics awaits.
Thanks Sayata, we missed Aahan too. The pics you shared are brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Deep View Post

How could I miss this opportunity ?
I wanted to be a part of the gang and drive with you guys this time itself and would have had joined if it would have been possible. Atleast meeting everyone at the start of the trip and having the amazing coffee made by Sayata gave me a feeling of being included.
Thanks & the pics you shared are beautiful. We missed you in the trip too. Great to see the pics from our last Sikkim trip which we did together. The memories got refreshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
How did the tyres perform overall throughout the trip and how are they holding up now?
Thanks Subhro.

Regarding the tyres, I have shared it in my Duster ownership report-

Quote:
The AT tyres made a huge difference.
I was driving in Auto mode. Even in the worst stretches the 4wd was not kicking in. It was easily going in 2wd, where other 2wd cars were loosing traction.

The highway performance of the Wrangler AT tyres are just satisfactory, but in off road and hills its brilliant.

The road noise is not a deal breaker. It's more than HT, but still sorted.
Highway performance of the HT tyre was better than the Wrangler AT.
On wet road, I felt more confident with the HT tyres.
No complaints with braking. It's very good.
The ride comfort has gone a bit harsh than before, but it's in acceptable level.
The wrangler excels in off-road.
The performance of my Duster has been shared here-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5200283 (Renault Duster AWD : An owner's point of view)

Sharing a Dash-cam grab-

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-untitled-8.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 6th December 2021 at 00:05.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 00:19   #49
BHPian

Threads like these are Guide books rather than Travelogues.
Mesmerizing photos and write up from the pro-s, that's what this is!
So much to learn and so much to aim for. Thanks for yet another priceless contribution.
The only 2nd best part other than the dog's '4WD' feature was when you posted your own picture and it was like - 'Your's truly the most boring one '..but with the most happening background of the lot

Last edited by shourya_lahiri : 7th December 2021 at 00:23. Reason: Grammar
shourya_lahiri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 11:42   #50
BHPian

Another brilliant TL. The pictures are simply mesmerising. There’s something in the mountains that makes us go back to their cold embrace at any opportunity we get. Hope I can tag along in one of your future guys trip.

Can’t wait for the next one. Keep’em coming !!
Burn_out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 18:12   #51
BHPian

Finally am able to go through this exciting Travelogue. The pictures shared by Samba & Sayata uplifts the beauty of north Bengal to the next level ! Apart from the natural scenery, its an amazing tale of brotherhood and the love for cars which we are lucky enough to get through the Team-Bhp platform. Rated a deserving 5 stars.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 18:15   #52
BHPian

Awesome tlog! We made a very similar trip (Zero point, lachen, Gurudongmar and around) a few weeks after you.. Can not resist sharing a few snaps!

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-4026a529d94d45eeb0c751ae97874b4e.jpeg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-35a66b887c7d4aaa9b4e5202e8968162.jpeg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-67220857b5da4821aa816b335d7951d4.jpeg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-274348f5b64343fa9f840c9408d141d1.jpeg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-7dd1ba6a5a1b4ea9bd6aa7ba420c4401.jpeg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-48f183b6912e413cbc010b59421575bb.jpeg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-3f380486b1eb42deb73c6e4e9f2f6a3a.jpeg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-bb016e10e9f5454c988e7d83a72ca186.jpeg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-bfd145d9d8e24ab798c013754bbd54e7.jpeg

Sailed through North Bengal & North Sikkim in an Ecosport & a Duster AWD-c85e8a7f44ec412e86dc98bceea5dda0.jpeg

We went via Mangan, staying a night there to acclimetize and collect our permit from a local agent. Next day did zero point and stayed at lachen. Day 3 was the big day, Gurudongmar, and ours was just the second car to reach there in the morning so we got some really nice snaps. Other tourist cars came in soon though.

The experience was nothing short of breathtaking in both literal and figurative sense.. Given the lean air and the beauty
cr4nkshaft is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks