Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 09:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Safarnama | An unforgettable road-trip to Ladakh in a Tata Nexon

Nice name to the thread Sujoy - Safarnama! And what an epic trip you guys had!

The Farad luggage carrier looks quite well-built in the pictures.
catchjyoti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 10:24   #17
BHPian

oh, man! Just simply awesome! Nexon and Ladakh - Just the combination I wished for myself too

super travelogue! The pictures are mesmerizing. Visit to Siachen basecamp is something really cool. PangongTso pics are just wonderful. Will be bookmarking this thread for my future reference.

Thank you for sharing.
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 11:54   #18
BHPian

Safarnama - What an epic trip !! Congratulations dear brother for such a wonderful, very detailed and informative Travelogue with mesmerizing snaps. You are really a very good photographer. I definitely follow your words and experiences on my dream trip. Most humbly requesting you to kindly share the details and links for online permits. So also please share the expenses you incurred for stay during the trip.
Jeevan Sukumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 11:58   #19
BHPian

Wonderful pictures. You really got to see K2? Are you sure it was K2. As i know its beyond the farthest point of the Siachen Glacier to the North West and surrounded by very high mountains.
mihir_m13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 12:00   #20
BHPian

It is a dream come true drive destination, and you completed it with your family is the biggest achievement. I would certainly take your guidance if ever I get 3 weeks'+ holiday vacation and be prepared with my car and family.
Congratulations Brother
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 12:16   #21
BHPian

What an amazing details and pictures. Thanks for sharing this and letting people know that this could be done with non 4x4 also with proper care.

Definitely its unforgettable, not only to writer but also for the viewers
tirumalavoleti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 13:35   #22

Great travelogue and amazing pictures. Brought back the memories of my own trip in 2013. Your Falcon took care of you really well with no hiccups for such a long and tough trip. A beast.
niks4568 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 14:32   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Sujoy for extensively covering your Ladhak trip, that also with 5 family members in your Nexon.
The details you have given will go a long way for others to plan. Thank you. Just one thought…..wouldn’t it hv been better if you had waited in Leh for a day more to try the Manali route once again.
Dibyendu Bose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 15:11   #24
BHPian

One of the most detailed, mesmerising and superb travelogues I have read on Team-Bhp regarding a road trip to these remote areas of India. Was absolutely awestruct with the photos and your narration. Few queries from my side, given I am also planning a trip with family from Delhi to this place -

1. Any specific pointers regarding children (young 6-8 yrs age)? Any specific items to carry
2. Any issues encountered with regards to starting car during cold start?
3. Any reliable mechanic or workshop you saw on the way?

Thanks again for these wonderful photos and travelogue.
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 15:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevan Sukumar View Post
Safarnama - What an epic trip !! Congratulations dear brother for such a wonderful, very detailed and informative Travelogue with mesmerizing snaps. You are really a very good photographer. I definitely follow your words and experiences on my dream trip. Most humbly requesting you to kindly share the details and links for online permits. So also please share the expenses you incurred for stay during the trip.
Thank You. For online permit you need to visit https://www.lahdclehpermit.in and fill up the required details. It's very simple. I did maximum reservation from Booking.com. They offer the option of paying at the property. Drop me a PM and I'll share the expense details. I need to work on them a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Wonderful pictures. You really got to see K2? Are you sure it was K2. As i know its beyond the farthest point of the Siachen Glacier to the North West and surrounded by very high mountains.
Thank You. Yeah that's the K-2 peak. I saw it from Turtuk Monastery. K-2 can be viewed from the Turtuk Monastery and Tayakshi Village on a clear sunny day. The peak is far off and I had to use 70-300 mm lens to the maximum limit to capture this view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibyendu Bose View Post
Congratulations Sujoy for extensively covering your Ladhak trip, that also with 5 family members in your Nexon.
The details you have given will go a long way for others to plan. Thank you. Just one thought…..wouldn’t it hv been better if you had waited in Leh for a day more to try the Manali route once again.
Thank You Dibyendu. Actually I took almost 45 minutes to decide whether to stay back at Leh for one day or to move towards Sonmarg. Infact later it turned out to be a good decision because Leh Manali Highway was closed for next three days due to heavy snowfall at Baralacha La.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
One of the most detailed, mesmerising and superb travelogues I have read on Team-Bhp regarding a road trip to these remote areas of India. Was absolutely awestruct with the photos and your narration. Few queries from my side, given I am also planning a trip with family from Delhi to this place -

1. Any specific pointers regarding children (young 6-8 yrs age)? Any specific items to carry
2. Any issues encountered with regards to starting car during cold start?
3. Any reliable mechanic or workshop you saw on the way?

Thanks again for these wonderful photos and travelogue.
Thank You Anup. I think Kids are not that much affected by AMS. My daughter is 7 and she hardly complained about any discomfort. Headache is common. I just carried oxygen cylinders with me but those have come back unused. Keeping your body hydrated is very important while gaining altitude.

Mine is a Petrol one and hence I didn't face any issue regarding cold start.

Mechanic or workshops are there in Kargil and Leh but as you move forward to remote areas those are hard to find. I saw a car mechanic shop at Khalsar. There may be some in Diskit also but chances of finding a mechanic depends upon luck. That's my observation.
Sujoy76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 18:16   #26
BHPian

Your TL reads like an adventure novel come to life except that no adventure novel has such amazing pics! I really commend you and your co-travellers on your courage and sense of adventure. You really took the road less travelled multiple times and I daresay this is a trip of a lifetime and it will be really hard to top this (after all what can top crossing Kaksang La?)

Thank you for inspiring us and showing us that this can be done in a 4x2 FWD car (albeit one with high ground clearance). What kind of mileage did you get in the mountains and how much does the Nexon petrol usually give in normal city and highway driving? Did you need to use the reserve stock of petrol that you were carrying?
Neversaygbye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 18:35   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy76 View Post
Thank You. Yeah that's the K-2 peak. I saw it from Turtuk Monastery. K-2 can be viewed from the Turtuk Monastery and Tayakshi Village on a clear sunny day. The peak is far off and I had to use 70-300 mm lens to the maximum limit to capture this view.
I couldn't believe that was K2, so I did some digging around, and found this vlog and a reply from a native which says that it is not K2.

K2 is deep inside POK, it's near the border of China at the north, and is also accompanied by two other giant mountains, which should also be seen.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Man, one heck of a read. Thoroughly enjoyed every bit every pic and every look of your ride. I did envy you while I was reading your travelogue. I think the stays have been covered very well. I am sure I will refer your blog when I want to make a visit with my family. Thank you.
Raghu M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
I couldn't believe that was K2, so I did some digging around, and found this vlog and a reply from a native which says that it is not K2.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=hUFpYTGrsqI

K2 is deep inside POK, it's near the border of China at the north, and is also accompanied by two other giant mountains, which should also be seen.
Thanx for the info. There are many travel blogs which state that the K-2 peak can be seen form the Turtuk Monastery, Waterfall and Tayakshi. After taking the snap, I compared it with some photos available in google which looked similar to the one that I took. I even asked few locals and their reply was affirmative. That convinced me to be sure about the peak being K-2. Now after digging further up I'm also skeptical about the one to be K-2. Anyways I shared the photo based on my information. Thanx once again.
Sujoy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 20:27   #30
BHPian

Firstly, Congratulations Sujoy to you and your family for the josh shown all the way. Behind every long-distance driver there has to be strong support which was evident in the photographs. Must appreciate the detailed planning for nearly a month-long trip. I liked the ratings given at all places of stay. The beautiful photographs, will keep alive your trip in years to come. How did you plan such a long trip with good places of stay? Can you share rough estimates also?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks