Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 00:26   #46
BHPian

Re: Safarnama | An unforgettable road-trip to Ladakh in a Tata Nexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy76 View Post
Thank You. Well the average ranges anywhere between 15-15.5 KMPL after the whole trip. Till Leh there is no shortage of Petrol Pumps, Nubra also has two petrol pumps operational now, A petrol pump is coming up at Tangste and that should be operational by late this year. Availability of petrol is not an issue till you travel to the remote places.
Thanks Sujoy. I'm more interested to know how much will the tank last while travelling in tedious terrain of Ladakh. Going by my experience in peak Bangalore traffic, the full tank range can be <300kms with avg <8kmpl for this car and that was my worry. Also, mileage can significantly drop on steep roads. If we can find a fuel station within 300kms everywhere, then it shouldn't be a problem and don't need to carry spare fuel.

Quote:
Ladakh is a terribly beautiful place, just plan and get on the road. You'll love it.
Well that's the irony you know. I haven't had chance to explore my home state J&K, well till recently Ladakh was part of it! I've driven Bangalore to Jammu but till recently I had never crossed Patnitop, and last year was first time I even visited Kashmir, and now Ladakh is waiting.

So for me the trip will happen in 2 phases - Bangalore <-> Jammu and then Jammu <-> Ladakh.

But yes, this will now happen soon and thanks for all the motivation!

Last edited by asethi : 21st January 2022 at 00:46.
asethi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 21:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing. Lovely travelogue with excellent pictures. Rated 5 stars.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 03:17   #48

Sujoy76 Really enjoyed the travel through your eyes. You braved the rough terrain with family and I am sure this beautiful memory can never be forgotten.
gnarula is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 12:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokabs View Post
Thankfully there are still many places you would like to go to again so hope you have another trip.
Thank You for the appreciation. You are right there are many places which were left. In my opinion no one can say that they have visited all the places in Ladakh. Every area has it's distinct appeal. I would love to go there again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I had this idea that you need a car with 4WD or AWD to be able to drive to these places. You have broken that idea. One of my dreams is to drive to the observatory at Hanle and do stargazing and astrophotography. After reading your travelogue, I have started getting some confidence in making such a trip.
Thank You Sir. the roads in Ladakh are very good. There are few areas where a road doesn't exist. I had planned the route keeping the limitations of my car in mind. There are roads which are suitable for 4X4 or and AWD but by and large the roads are doable in a normal 2WD car. So wish you all the best for you Ladakh trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
What a stunner! This is an absolutely breathtaking travelogue, Sujoy! It took me 3 nights to read this epic travelogue of yours. I can literally feel the efforts that you have put up for two months to compose this log. As far as the journey is concerned, undoubtedly, it's a journey of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing the joy of this mega trip with all of us.
Thank You Hossain da. I tried my best to give as much detail as possible in my travelogue. Still I feel I couldn't do justice to what I've experienced in those two weeks. I feel happy and satisfied by seeing that the TL is liked by all.
Sujoy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 18:46   #50

Excellent travelogue.
It took almost a week to complete, as I travelled with you through Google Maps in Terrain view mode. The route taken, places you visited, places where you stayed and their ratings in Google Reviews etc etc. The moment you got advice at the Chushul War Memorial to go ahead, immediately followed the route and found out that the route will be a difficult one with so many hairpin bends , compared to Tsaka La Road which is almost at foothills level. Congrats for reaching , not so tourist popular, Kaksang La , that too totally un planned. With your write up, I can expect many BHPians taking that road.
The ratings of the places you stayed is a good pointer for the people travelling in that route. I wish all BHPians follow this system.

All the best and look forward many more.
Umash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 19:35   #51
BHPian

Dada,

Your passion speaks for itself - its spoken in the writing, in the photos.

Over the years, we, readers have had some fascinating story tellers, road trippers, explorers and bird watchers who have frozen Ladakh in their lenses - but the story that you have narrated has turned out to be an epic.

Thank you for sharing, putting in the effort - the end result of which is

A few years back, I had been to Ladakh, but not the road trippers circuit...couldn't resist posting the link (Ice, Ice Baby! Ladakh's Chadar Trek).

Cheers,
Sayak

Quote:
I am narrating this story to you being at my comfort zone. To begin with, I am not good at amalgamating things in the right perspective when it comes to narrating or speaking my heart out. But here I am, giving it a try, which I love to, because life is too short and you can't afford to not tell our own little stories. My journey to the Land of High Passes started with a blank canvas and I was not sure about how I would react to the nature that I was travelling towards.
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 07:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

What a beautiful log capturing the many facades of the Himalayas. Fantastic read. Lots of details as well.

I had to miss Hanle and TsoMoriri during my trip in 2016. Yours certainly nudged me to plan a drive again. Really loved it and that you.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 16:31   #53

Quote:
Thank You for the appreciation. The cargo box, Cross bar and the cross bar kit costed me 36K.
Awsome vlog bro. Can you tell me the name of the cross bar kit you used. Is it Farad Hilo?
sk1ll3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 10:37   #54
BHPian

Wow just wow.....Firstly I would like to thank you for the such a detailed and picturesque travelogue. Secondly I bow down to you and your families travel spirit. You have inspired me to plan my trip that I have been thinking for a very long time but have been pushing it. I wish you tons of more trips like this. Safe travel
Amarjeetphukan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 19:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Just rekindled the urge for a long pending road-trip. Co-incidentally I had marked the exact same waypoints in J&K and Ladakh.
The pictures are jaw-droppingly magnificent and borderline unbelievable, not just the beauty of the place but also the pics.
Thanks for sharing your amazing trip

Last edited by shancz : 25th January 2022 at 19:49. Reason: cmp
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 21:31   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Dada,

Your passion speaks for itself - its spoken in the writing, in the photos.

Over the years, we, readers have had some fascinating story tellers, road trippers, explorers and bird watchers who have frozen Ladakh in their lenses - but the story that you have narrated has turned out to be an epic.

Thank you for sharing, putting in the effort - the end result of which is

Cheers,
Sayak
Thank you brother. The aura of Ladakh is such that every month offers something different to the visitors. I consider myself lucky that I've been able to complete this trip. I felt preparing the TL was more difficult than exploring Ladakh. Fortunately it is done and I'm happy that you guys are liking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1ll3r View Post
Awsome vlog bro. Can you tell me the name of the cross bar kit you used. Is it Farad Hilo?
Thank You. Yeah it's Kit Hilo.
Old 27th January 2022, 20:19   #57
BANNED

@sujoy76 - Wonderful pics and narration of the entire trip, found it very helpful for myself and am sure for the community too. Having a kid and covered such a distance - Hats off!
Can you please share total distance covered, mileage, any service needs for Falcon (your car) attended?
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 15:38   #58
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
[So I started looking for a suitable rooftop cargo box for Falcon
Hi Sujoy,

Great travelogue. What has hit my enthusiasm is the corgo box. I too am looking for this setup for my Nexon. Could you please provide the link and model number of the exact crossbar and the cargo box? It will be really really helpful.

Thanks
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 21:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Can you please share total distance covered, mileage, any service needs for Falcon (your car) attended?
Thank You. Sorry for late reply. The total distance covered is 7200 kms. may be couple of kms less. Roughly I got mileage of around 17 km/ltr and Falcon didn't require any service/attention in between of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Hi Sujoy,

Great travelogue. What has hit my enthusiasm is the cargo box. I too am looking for this setup for my Nexon. Could you please provide the link and model number of the exact crossbar and the cargo box? It will be really really helpful.

Thanks
Thank You. I have already shared the link for farad in the TL. https://www.faradindia.com/en. This is the link for Farad.
Sujoy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 13:57   #60
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Thank You. I have already shared the link for farad in the TL. https://www.faradindia.com/en. This is the link for Farad.
Actually, I was looking for specific product link. Found the tuktuk model of roofbox. The crossbar is one I am unable to locate on the webside. Also, would it be possible for you to share the complete cost of the required things. Was there any discount offered by Farad?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks