Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 10:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
We did it in approximately 1.5 hours. The traffic was bad with buses stopping in middle of the road and bullock carts coming from nowhere.
That's part & parcel of driving in India!!! You gotta adopt quickly since they don't move out of your way at any cost OR get yourself a nice siren like I have!!! Disperses traffic faster than you can spell the word!!!

Quote:
Besides that, there is a limit to how fast a cractor can go
Point to be noted!!!
Old 1st June 2007, 11:06   #17
BHPian

Hi,

I drove to Ranikhet last year, during Independance Day/Rakshabandhan holidays. I took the more conventional Kathgodam-Bhowali-Khairna-Ranikhet route.

The best way to beat UP traffic is to start early. I started at 5 from my place, and by 8:15 I crossed UP border at Bilaspur :-) Ofcourse on the way back I had no option but brave the traffic.

Here's my car at the Ranikhet Cantonment's gate -

Cheers

Nitin
Old 1st June 2007, 12:13   #18
BHPian

[quote=tsk1979;453733]Day 1
The first leg of the trip will Moradabad was hell as usual. NHAI work is progressing as slowly as possible, and to add to that the traffic in this region is the worse you can encounter. Tractors coming the wrong side, bullock cars in middle, you name it you have it. [quote]
My home town is Moradabad. Thanks to NHAI, highway 24 is getting 4 Lane. Earlier it was only single road and I had many bad experiences on it, driving in nights or day. Hopefully the work is going to be completed soon.
Since the villagers are not used to of these kind of roads, they just follow any side
Old 5th June 2007, 03:37   #19
BHPian

Which would be the best hotel in Kausani. Is it worthwhile staying in Ranikhet or should one directly go to Kausani?

Thanks
Old 5th June 2007, 08:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

I liked Kausani better.
As for the best hotel... well depends on how much you want to pay. Sky is the limit.
Chevron has two properties there, within 500mts of each other, one is ECO lodge and the other is the Villa, both are nice. So is Krishna Mountview.
So take your pick
Old 5th June 2007, 10:01   #21
NIP
Senior - BHPian

fantastic and detailed report those pix of the himalayas are awesome...please do post more.
Old 5th June 2007, 10:30   #22
Team-BHP Support

@NIP, the gallery is here
Tanveer Singh (tanveer) : photos : Ranikhet and Kausani - powered by SmugMug
Old 5th June 2007, 11:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlather View Post
My home town is Moradabad.
Eh? Whereabouts in Moradabad? It's my hometown too!!
Old 5th June 2007, 12:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Great report Tanveer and great pics, as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I have no problem driving at night, that also at a pretty fast pace. I can say I can still see most of the view even with glaring headlights in my face.
That's amazing. Is there any trick to it or it is just the number of hours that one puts in driving in the night
Old 25th October 2007, 11:27   #25
BHPian

Need info on delhi-ranikhet route

Friends,

I am planning to go to Ranikhet from Delhi in the month of Nov. I will be staying at Holm Farm Heritage, ranikhet, uttranchal. Need advise on which route to take. Presently I am inclined on taking the Delhi-Moradabad-Ramnagar-Kaladungi-Nanital-Ranikhet Route. The Moradabad-Haldwani-Ranikhet route is reported to be a messed up route (specifically moradabad-haldwani section).

However, last time (Nov 06) when I took the ramnagar-kaladungi-nanital road, kaladungi-nanital road was under construction. Is the road better now. Or is there any other route that can be taken from Ramnagar to reach Ranikhet. Please advise.

Also, how far is Kausani from Ranikhet. Since I will be staying at Ranikhet, will it be possible to do a day trip from Ranikhet to Kausani.
Old 25th October 2007, 13:29   #26
Team-BHP Support

Kasauni is around 40-50kms from Ranikhet, and a day trip is very much possible.
You can follow the ramnagar route to ranikhet. all roads in that area border on bumpy.
Old 25th October 2007, 14:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Friends,

I am planning to go to Ranikhet from Delhi in the month of Nov. I will be staying at Holm Farm Heritage, ranikhet, uttranchal. Need advise on which route to take. Presently I am inclined on taking the Delhi-Moradabad-Ramnagar-Kaladungi-Nanital-Ranikhet Route. The Moradabad-Haldwani-Ranikhet route is reported to be a messed up route (specifically moradabad-haldwani section).

However, last time (Nov 06) when I took the ramnagar-kaladungi-nanital road, kaladungi-nanital road was under construction. Is the road better now. Or is there any other route that can be taken from Ramnagar to reach Ranikhet. Please advise.

Also, how far is Kausani from Ranikhet. Since I will be staying at Ranikhet, will it be possible to do a day trip from Ranikhet to Kausani.
Both the route are under same condition. Moradabad-Ramnagar may be bit better.

Ranikhet to Kausani is 70 Km, so around 2 hrs of easy drive and 1.5 hrs of quick drive. You will love to drive on this stretch. You can even go to Baijnath, which is 18KM from Kausani, may find a bad patch of 1km, but motorable.
Old 25th October 2007, 14:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Kasauni is around 40-50kms from Ranikhet, and a day trip is very much possible.
You can follow the ramnagar route to ranikhet. all roads in that area border on bumpy.
Er... Ranikhet to Kausani is 79 KMs; and is about 2.5-3 hrs drive. IMO, a day trip will be too hectic. Plan for overnight stay at Kausani.

\N
Old 25th October 2007, 14:50   #29
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs. Will try my luck with the Ramnagar-Ranikhet route.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:36   #30

Hi,

What do you suggest the preferred car should be to travel from Jaipur to Kausani, Tata Safari 2.2 VTT (done 28000 KM) or Hyundai i10 Automatic (done only 3000 KM)?

Thanks,
Alind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks