Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 17:35   #16
BHPian

wow man,breathtaking place and amazing photo and report.i fell in love with this places man
Old 1st June 2007, 23:11   #17
NIP
Senior - BHPian

amazing pictures !! kakkabe happens to be one of my favorite getaways. theres so much to see in that area...so many waterfalls...rivers...its paradise ! i even have a waterfall named after my son now...its called Daman Cascade btw...my wife happens to be from kakkabe
Old 1st June 2007, 23:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Dont you think that this the rite time to explore Madikeri? With the pre-monsoon showers and those streams which flow thru the coffee estates.. What say NIP ?
Quote:
i even have a waterfall named after my son now
hey thats real cool..

BTW bhp'ians if you are reading this, we know whom to contact .
Old 2nd June 2007, 08:39   #19
NIP
Senior - BHPian

correction rjstyles...by saying 'Madikeri', you mean 'Coorg' Yes this is a very good time to visit Coorg, although I would say it will be at its pristine best during the receding monsoons (Sept-Dec). Many people avoid the rains like the plague, but I really love it when it rains...its amazing to explore Coorg in the rains. The whole place just switches on in the rain ! There's one really important thing you need in Coorg in the wet weather...gumboots ! You can pick up a pair from Virajpet or Madikeri for 300-400 bucks...worth every paisa spent !

heres a pic of Daman Cascade. Its on the way up to Tadiyandamol, just where the blacktop ends :

Last edited by NIP : 2nd June 2007 at 08:44.
Old 4th June 2007, 23:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

NIP yummm that looks real inviting dude. Expect my PM in the next few days, I have to head to this place. Need to check with a few friends for a jeep or something on those lines.
Old 5th June 2007, 09:52   #21
NIP
Senior - BHPian

rjstyles69...if you ask me, its better to hire a jeep at Kakkabe. That way you can enjoy the drive to Coorg in the comfort of your own car too. You can find many jeeps for hire on the Kakkabe bridge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks