Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2022, 09:13   #61
BHPian

Re: The Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
The Car

This travelogue will not be complete without a mention about the car – the BMW 330i GT.

Many friends raised doubts about the capability of a low-slung sedan making this long a road trip into areas where there are no BMW workshops. However, from the past 4 years of owning this car, I know it to be a reliable car and was confident that it would do well. And do well, it did! It took the bad roads the same way as it took the butter smooth highways.
Hey Graaja, many congratulations on completing your trip successfully and coming back with so many experiences.
I've been planning a road trip to the North east for a few years now and I want to take my 530d along but like yourself a lot of doubts are being raised and I'm pretty sure my car can make. And more so now after seeing your successful journey, Looking forward to making a trip to the North east with my bimmer!

Do let me know if there's anything else that I should keep in mind about taking a low slung sedan, apart from all the details that you have already mentioned.
Old 19th February 2022, 21:34   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Road Trip to Assam, Arunachal and Meghalaya in a BMW 330i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheeese View Post
Do let me know if there's anything else that I should keep in mind about taking a low slung sedan, apart from all the details that you have already mentioned.
Thank you for the kind words.

Except for a few places where I had to cross broken roads, the roads were quite good and your 530D should be able to make it. I guess your car has adaptive suspensions. In bad roads you could put them in sports mode to make it firm and avoid the suspension bottoming out. You may have to drive a little slow and careful in these bad sections. Otherwise, you should be good.

There are no BMW workshops once you hit north east. So, before starting the journey, make sure that you get an oil service done and check your brake pads and discs and make sure that they have enough life to last for the drive.

All the best with your road trip.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 10:54   #63

Re: The Last Leg of the Journey and Conclusion

Conclusion:
I had a great time in this road trip of 24 days with some wonderful company driving 9400km through 12 states. I came back with fond memories for my lifetime. I would like to once again thank everyone who made this road trip possible and with that conclude this travelogue.

That was a superb travelogue, couldn't able to move a single second. My eyes were glued. I really the like people visiting North East - The best place in India.

I too completed Assam, Arunachal and Meghalaya twice, and again planning next month to go to see and dive in the waterfalls.

Kudos to you!
the_wanderer1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 17:37   #64
BHPian

Re: A Road Trip to Assam, Arunachal and Meghalaya in a BMW 330i GT

I was also told specifically to go there (Meghalaya) during winters because for most of the rest of the year it is always raining. I wanted in particular to step into the water bodies and felt it will be too cold in Jan. So I ended up with scores or really bad photos but awesome experience. Part of the problem was also this that back then (some 5 years back), water resistance in phones weren't common and I had to use an old DSC camera which got all drenched several times and eventually ruined, thankfully after I extracted all the content in it.

cryshnon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 10:36   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer1 View Post
again planning next month to go to see and dive in the waterfalls.
In case nothing has been planned you can join us

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-...pt-2023-a.html (Kolkata Monsoon Meet | 10th Sept, 2023)
Old 20th September 2023, 09:21   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Hey,

Sorry to reply late.
Just completed the Meghalaya and a casual day in Bhutan road trip.

Looking forward to meet for sure. Meanwhile add me, if there's any official Teambhp Watsapp.

Also, we can catchup some weekend in Newtown area.
the_wanderer1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks