Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 13:22   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Circumnavigating Karnataka - Dandeli, Gokarna, Yana, Udupi & Chikmagalur on two motorcycles

Welcome to the forum Kiki and what a wonderful travelogue to kick start your journey on Team BHP.

Its lovely to see couples who ride together. Karnataka (most of the South) and the Western Ghats in general too along the coast are just so beautiful for road journeys.

Look forward to reading many more such travelogues and all things motorcyling.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 13:29   #17
BHPian

Re: Circumnavigating Karnataka - Dandeli, Gokarna, Yana, Udupi & Chikmagalur on two motorcycles

It was fascinating to read about the trip from your perspective. A great travel blog with a well chosen route. I am really looking forward to reading more about your travels! People like you are an inspiration to all of us.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 14:08   #18
BHPian

Great to see you both here on Team-bhp
Thanks for sharing the wonderful ride.

Hope you remember we met at the BB anniversary event!

Ride safe and have a great time
Old 19th January 2022, 16:35   #19
BHPian

This road trip makes me super homesick . I am from Hubli and you write quite a bit about it and it’s surrounding region. I am stuck overseas and haven’t been able to visit home for close to 3 years due to pandemic. Normally I would have visited at least once a year. North Canara/Karwar district is one of the most underrated regions of Karnataka. Thank you for writing this travelogue.
Old 19th January 2022, 17:24   #20
BHPian

Really loved reading your travelogue and kudos to both of you for doing this trip on motorcycles. 2000 kms is quite a bit and I for one wouldn't have considered doing it on a bike! The longest trip I have done on my bike (HH Splendor) was Delhi-Bharatpur and it was only 200 kms one way. Do keep sharing more such travelogues.

I find bikes to be much superior to scooters when it comes to balance and handling. Hopefully your travelogue will inspire many other women to also opt for a motorcycle and discover the exhilaration of riding one for themselves.
Old 20th January 2022, 07:49   #21
BHPian

It was absolutely fantastic reading this. Proud could be a better word.
Can you share the route maps on google in case anyone of us wants to plan something like this please?
Old 20th January 2022, 10:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
May your tribe increase.
Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuborog View Post
I understand biking is unfairly male dominated field and it is a hard time finding decent riding gear/bike for females. Waiting for COVID to settle to do test rides, and hopefully will have another addition to our garage
With supportive spouses like you, I am sure more women will be confident to ride motorcycles. Good luck with your search for a bike that complements your wife's riding style and comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Welcome to the forum Kiki and what a wonderful travelogue to kick start your journey on Team BHP. Look forward to reading many more such travelogues and all things motorcyling.
Thanks for the warm welcome, it won't be wrong to say I am overwhelmed by the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I am really looking forward to reading more about your travels! People like you are an inspiration to all of us.
This in turn has inspired me to dig up my blogs from past trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyota View Post
This road trip makes me super homesick . Thank you for writing this travelogue.
Pleasure is all mine in travelling and writing the blog as well. Hope the situation improves and you get to visit Hubli soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
I find bikes to be much superior to scooters when it comes to balance and handling. Hopefully your travelogue will inspire many other women to also opt for a motorcycle and discover the exhilaration of riding one for themselves.
Very true, I am hoping that more women will understand that fact and venture out and ride motorcycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Great to see you both here on Team-bhp
Thanks for sharing the wonderful ride.
I am excited to be here and I certainly remember you and your wife, and we talk about you in our conversations that circle around couples doing on-road trips together.
kiki_13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:49   #23
snr
BHPian

This is so refreshing to read! I'm not a bike person at all but I totally wish I was just because you seem to be having so much fun! I don't mind driving all over the country haha

Keep riding for many years to come!
snr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:49   #24
BHPian

Excellent write up Kiki_13. Very concise & yet captures the trip in details.
Welcome to the riding club! I am going to get my wife & daughter to read this up & maybe, they may accompany me on my proposed trips.
Riding the Karnataka trails is the first one on my bucket list once I am back in India and I shall definitly use your blog for tips on the places to visit & stay.
Happy Riding!
Cheers
Krish
Old 20th January 2022, 19:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Can you share the route maps on google in case anyone of us wants to plan something like this please?
Here is the route with approximate distance covered:

Day 1: Ecity - Nice road - Tumkur - Chitradurga - Davangere - Harihara - Haveri - Hubli
450kms

Day 2: Hubli - Dharwad - Haliyal - Dandeli
80kms

Day 3: Dandeli - Ramnagar - Castle Rock Railway Station - Ramnagar - Dandeli
141kms

Day 4: Dandeli - Anshi National Park/ Kali Tiger Reserve - Ulavi - Karwar - Gokarna
197kms

Day 5: Om Beach - Kudle Beach

Day6: Gokarna - Mirjan - Sirsi Road - Yana Caves - Kumta - Murdeshwara - Maravanthe - Kundapura - Udupi
233kms

Day 7: Udupi - Manipal - Hiriyadka - Donderangadi - Varanga - Hebri - NH169A - Manipal - Udupi - Malpe Beach - Delta Point - Udupi
117kms

Day8: Udupi - Nitte - Karkala - Bajagoly - Belthangady - Ujjire - Charmady ghat - Kottigehara - Mudigere - Belur road - KR Pete - Smarika Farms
190kms

Day9: Smarika Farms - Aldur - Magodu - Avathi - Mallandur - Muthodi Nature Camp - Mallandur - Chikamagalur - KR Pete - Smarika Farms
150kms

Day10: Smarika Farms - Belur - Hassan - Nelagmangala - Nice Road - Ecity
273kms
kiki_13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 19:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snr View Post
I'm not a bike person at all but I totally wish I was just because you seem to be having so much fun!
Join the "have fun" club... I read a quote somewhere " four wheeler moves your body, whereas two wheeler moves the soul"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmenhr View Post
Welcome to the riding club! I am going to get my wife & daughter to read this up & maybe, they may accompany me on my proposed trips.
I hope they will accompany you on future trips... I would be very proud if they get inspired!
kiki_13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 09:50   #27
snr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_13 View Post
Join the "have fun" club... I read a quote somewhere " four wheeler moves your body, whereas two wheeler moves the soul"

I hope they will accompany you on future trips... I would be very proud if they get inspired!
Haha I wish! Maybe one day I will learn to ride a bike and join you guys haha!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks