Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 22:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Arunachal Pradesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunin View Post
As Nibir (my 5 year old son) ran off towards the Noa-Dehing river with me in hot pursuit inside the Nampdapha Tiger Reserve, a memory came flooding back which made me smile. I was here 24 years back as a kid.
It's always a special experience if one is able to visit a place that remains etched in the memory from childhood. It makes you feel nostalgic. Gunin, it's another superb travelogue from you. The untouched beauty and serenity of the place are unmatched. I hope someday in future Nibir will repeat your words at Namdhapa with your grandchildren .

With best wishes,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 10:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! that picture looks like as if taken yesterday. It must have been quite an adventure visiting Namdapha 3 decades ago. If you don't mind, please share a few more pictures . Yes, the place seems to have retained its charm.
As requested, here are some more pics.

These were taken on a SLR. Have lost the original negatives, so posting scans of the prints.

Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Arunachal Pradesh-5.jpg

Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Arunachal Pradesh-20.jpg

Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Arunachal Pradesh-22.jpg

Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Arunachal Pradesh-23.jpg

Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Arunachal Pradesh-24.jpg

Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Arunachal Pradesh-25.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2022 at 07:44. Reason: fixed quote tag
argho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 16:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicLife View Post
Attachment 2266026
The opposite bank from the Forest Bungalow.
@gunin, this is the bridge I was talking about.
@NomadicLife, nice pictures you captured there. My first visit was in 2013 and maybe we crossed somewhere

Quote:

Prakritij, maybe we can visit Namdapha together someday and also drag Reeturaj too along with us. I really want to go for a longer stay and maybe trek a bit further there. I think the bridge got washed away. Yes, the permit from the Forest Department is needed to enter the Mpen gate. Ours was taken care of by the Department itself when we booked our stay at the Deban FRH.
I am willing to go there again and stay longer.

There was this dirt track from the main road in Miao to descend to the river bank and cross the rivulets to reach Namdapha Eco Camp. During my second visit in 2015, while coming up the road, an ASTC bus was rumbling down with a picnic party. I had to reverse and I bumped onto a stone and dented the rear bumper of my erstwhile WagonR. A push from inside and Rs100 to a garage mechanic at Margherita sorted it out but the scars were there till the car was sold.
Is the dirt road still there or did they improved it?
During the 2013 visit, we did our return leg by crossing the NoaDihing and driving via Namsai-Tinsukia-Dibrugarh while the onward leg was via Dibrugarh-Tinsukia-Digboi-Ledo-Miao. The car was loaded across two boats joined by wooden planks.

Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Arunachal Pradesh-untitled.jpg

Even Messi helped our cause.

Last edited by Prakritij : 29th January 2022 at 16:28. Reason: Picture
Prakritij is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 18:21   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart22 View Post
Excellent Trip log backed by mesmerising photos! Although missed seeing a whole lot of wildlife here.
Thank you. We were not so lucky in terms on wildlife spotting but still had a good time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
It's always a special experience if one is able to visit a place that remains etched in the memory from childhood. It makes you feel nostalgic. Gunin, it's another superb travelogue from you. The untouched beauty and serenity of the place are unmatched. I hope someday in future Nibir will repeat your words at Namdhapa with your grandchildren .

With best wishes,
Thank you for the kind words. I hope Namdapha remains the way it is for future generations to visit as well. I hope to take Nibir once he grows up a bit.

[quote=argho;5246210]
Quote:
Wow! that picture looks like as if taken yesterday. It must have been quite an adventure visiting Namdapha 3 decades ago. If you don't mind, please share a few more pictures . Yes, the place seems to have retained its charm.

As requested, here are some more pics.

These were taken on a SLR. Have lost the original negatives, so posting scans of the prints.
Beautiful pictures! From your pictures, it is safe to say Namdapha has retained its beauty since your visit 3 decades back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
@gunin, this is the bridge I was talking about.
@NomadicLife, nice pictures you captured there. My first visit was in 2013 and maybe we crossed somewhere

I am willing to go there again and stay longer.

There was this dirt track from the main road in Miao to descend to the river bank and cross the rivulets to reach Namdapha Eco Camp. During my second visit in 2015, while coming up the road, an ASTC bus was rumbling down with a picnic party. I had to reverse and I bumped onto a stone and dented the rear bumper of my erstwhile WagonR. A push from inside and Rs100 to a garage mechanic at Margherita sorted it out but the scars were there till the car was sold.
Is the dirt road still there or did they improved it?
During the 2013 visit, we did our return leg by crossing the NoaDihing and driving via Namsai-Tinsukia-Dibrugarh while the onward leg was via Dibrugarh-Tinsukia-Digboi-Ledo-Miao. The car was loaded across two boats joined by wooden planks.

Attachment 2266424

Even Messi helped our cause.
Hi Prakritij, the descent to the river bank felt scary to me. At some time, black topping was done but now it is broken again. You crossed Noa-Dihing to reach Namsai- so no need to go via Kharsang? That must be the ferry point where we were went the first evening. I smiled at the helping attitude of Messi.
gunin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 13:15   #35
BHPian

Excellent trip report Gunin. Enjoyed it thoroughly.
Wonderful to see Nibir get close to nature and enjoying the experience.
UD2021 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 19:50   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD2021 View Post
Excellent trip report Gunin. Enjoyed it thoroughly.
Wonderful to see Nibir get close to nature and enjoying the experience.
Thank you for the appreciation. Nibir loves to be outdoors and enjoyed himself a lot.
gunin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 21:25   #37
BHPian

Excellent thread. rated 5 stars.
Twice we had planned Namdhapa trips (in my student and bachelor days) and it did not happen - maybe time to plan again.
chinkara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 18:53   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Excellent thread. rated 5 stars.
Twice we had planned Namdhapa trips (in my student and bachelor days) and it did not happen - maybe time to plan again.
Thank you. I hope you find the contact information useful and plan your trip soon
Old 10th February 2022, 19:50   #39

Excellent travelogue! Been there twice. Willing to go back again.

Glimpse of Miao - Deban road back in 2013
Attached Thumbnails
Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Arunachal Pradesh-mv-road.jpg  

Red Knot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 23:35   #40
BHPian

Your travelogue has a unique concept, many a time it begins with a recap of childhood memory so that readers can related the same experience between now and the bygone era. You make the readers like us crave to visit Arunachal at least once in the lifetime. Till then I have made it a habit to carry on seeing Arunachal through your lens.

Rated 5 stars. Will wait in high hopes that someday you will also cover the Ziro music festival.
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 10:07   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Knot View Post
Excellent travelogue! Been there twice. Willing to go back again.

Glimpse of Miao - Deban road back in 2013
Thank you! that road looks horrible. It is much better now. You seemed to have gone in peak leech season .

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Your travelogue has a unique concept, many a time it begins with a recap of childhood memory so that readers can related the same experience between now and the bygone era. You make the readers like us crave to visit Arunachal at least once in the lifetime. Till then I have made it a habit to carry on seeing Arunachal through your lens.

Rated 5 stars. Will wait in high hopes that someday you will also cover the Ziro music festival.
Thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure hearing your feedback and it motivates me to keep penning down more travel stories. I hope you plan a visit here soon. Ziro Music Festival has been on my list for some time .
Old 20th March 2022, 00:49   #42
BHPian

Excellent travelogue Gunin Namdapha has been on my to visit list since a long time. I was posted in Tinsukia for two years and visited Miao a no of times for work but never got the chance to visit Namdapha. Maybe we can go on a trip together since it's long time after our Sandakphu trip. I even want to visit Vijaynagar.
Jajabor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 10:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajabor View Post
Excellent travelogue Gunin Namdapha has been on my to visit list since a long time. I was posted in Tinsukia for two years and visited Miao a no of times for work but never got the chance to visit Namdapha. Maybe we can go on a trip together since it's long time after our Sandakphu trip. I even want to visit Vijaynagar.
Thank you Shyam! I am ready for another trip to Namdapha and hopefully stay for a longer duration
Old 21st March 2022, 11:18   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Gun-in-M-Attack for planning another way point for my next trip there LOL!

Its such a treat to see your little one growing just through your logs. I remember him being an infant in your earliest logs here and now look what we have! Adorable.

You still owe me a hard core "guys" ADV trip when there...like the elephant, we don't forget so easily hahaha.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 12:55   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Thank you Gun-in-M-Attack for planning another way point for my next trip there LOL!

Its such a treat to see your little one growing just through your logs. I remember him being an infant in your earliest logs here and now look what we have! Adorable.

You still owe me a hard core "guys" ADV trip when there...like the elephant, we don't forget so easily hahaha.
Thank you Red Liner! The years are passing by quite fast . The all guys trip is definitely on. You just make sure you plan your trip in any month except March

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks