Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:50   #31
BHPian

Re: A Holi for All : Barsana & Nandgaon (a.k.a. 'Braj ki Holi')

Thanks for sharing this incredibly colorful travelogue on the birthplace of Holi Festival ! I think almost every photographer dreams of capturing such moments filled with the brightest colors and high spirits ! It felt like I was transported back to those narrow lanes, soaking up the brilliant festivities all around. While I loved each and every one of those pictures, my favorite has to the one overlooking the temple closely guarded by the mustard flowers. Nature carries on in her own colorful way, with or without us.
turboNath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 13:44   #32
BHPian

Brilliant Post celebrating the colors of Holi.

Is this anything like the Vrindavan Holi as that is on my bucket list.

My niece celebrated Holi at Hampi this year and said it was awesome too.

The colorful photos are simply a Riot.
vijayols is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 19:15   #33
BHPian

This is by far the best holi travelogue I have ever seen on Team BHP, the photos are mesmerizing to say the least and their liveliness soaked in the color explosion of Holi to the fullest. And the narration is crisp and blended in well where pictures are doing majority of the talking. This is a reference quality TL on Holi and will inspire others including me to experience this at least once during the lifetime.

You were immensely lucky with respect to the timing considering lockdowns started in few days thereafter. Also do you think if someone has to go, is it better to have known locals or a larger group accompanying for added safety considering the unknowns and odds for participating in such public celebrations?

I am curious though (passing on a question from my wife) whether you could spot the matka climbing (Dahi Handi) ceremony during the 2020 Holi celebration.

Rated 5 stars, this deserves nothing less.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 23:21   #34
BHPian

Thanks for all your support everyone. Apologies for not replying sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
First things first, many thanks for jotting down the whole experience and taking us through the riot of colors. ....
Rating it the well deserved five stars, keep writing and keep travelling,
Thank you so much Abhi. I am glad you liked it. Especially coming from a person who is an ace writer himself, quite honoured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
Thanks for sharing this incredibly colorful travelogue on the birthplace of Holi Festival ! I think almost every photographer dreams of capturing such moments filled with the brightest colors and high spirits ! It felt like I was transported back to those narrow lanes, soaking up the brilliant festivities all around. While I loved each and every one of those pictures, my favorite has to the one overlooking the temple closely guarded by the mustard flowers. Nature carries on in her own colorful way, with or without us.
What you seek is seeking you! And you seek out nature in everything in the end. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayols View Post
Is this anything like the Vrindavan Holi as that is on my bucket list.

My niece celebrated Holi at Hampi this year and said it was awesome too.

The colorful photos are simply a Riot.
Yes, this is the Vrindavan Holi. I have heard a mouthful about Hampi, Pushkar and a few more places in Rajasthan and of course Shantiniketan which is closer home now that I have moved to Kolkata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
This is a reference quality TL on Holi and will inspire others including me to experience this at least once during the lifetime.

You were immensely lucky with respect to the timing considering lockdowns started in few days thereafter. Also do you think if someone has to go, is it better to have known locals or a larger group accompanying for added safety considering the unknowns and odds for participating in such public celebrations?

I am curious though (passing on a question from my wife) whether you could spot the matka climbing (Dahi Handi) ceremony during the 2020 Holi celebration.

Rated 5 stars, this deserves nothing less.
Thanks for the generous words. Though I have seen so many better pictures of this event through groups like KPC. I was even jittery to post initially.

I did not spot the marka climbing. Different rituals are on different days for over 7 days running up to Holi, I will try and figure out when Dahi Handi is celebrated and keep you posted.
DogNDamsel12 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed