Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 22:27   #16
BHPian

Re: A trip to the Golden City – Jaisalmer!

It was Lovely reading your travelogue. I have driven multiple times recently between Barmer And Ahmedabad and back.

Wish if there was a chance to know your itinerary beforehand, I would have surely hosted you for a lunch near Barmer. Any Team Bhpians travelling in this remote yet beautiful location are most welcome for any assistance in this part. Thanks
amsidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 22:40   #17
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue and very beautiful pictures always had Jaisalmer on my bucket list and wanted to do Ahmedabad to Jaiselmer trip in 3rd gen honda city. Let’s hope this year. Anyway thanks again Binoy for such a nice description and wishing you much more safe and happy motoring in your ES. congratulations again!

Last edited by Aditya : 12th April 2022 at 18:47. Reason: Extra dots
sheelRP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 12:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsidhu View Post
Wish if there was a chance to know your itinerary beforehand, I would have surely hosted you for a lunch near Barmer.
Thank you! And appreciate your invite! If known earlier, I would have certainly taken up that offer for the lunch meet with a fellow Bhpian! Next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelRP View Post
congratulations again
Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed the blog.

Drive Safe,
R-Six
Old 13th April 2022, 13:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey Binoy,
Excellent T" log with amazing Pictures, Loved it, Rates 5 stars.

During my trip to Jaisalmer back in DEC2020, our Ertiga was stuck in sand in some village near Tanot. After that, I didn't dare to visit Mubabao and remove it from my plan. So yes, Munabao is still pending for me, will plan one more trip to Jaisalmer. Your and Abhi's T'log going to be my inspiration.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 19:58   #20
BHPian

Awesome! Loved or rather lived your travel through your description. When exactly did you visit? I am planning to do Bangalore Jaisalmer in 1-2 week of April 2023. How would the weather be then? Want to undertake this road trip after my son’s 10 th board exam.
FamilyTraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 10:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

This thread popped up right when I am about to visit Jaisalmer this month. Thanks a lot R-Six for a detailed travelogue

Planning to stick to Palanpur-Deesa-Barmer-Jaisalmer route while I travel from MountAbu to Jaisalmer end of this month. Let me know how the roads are.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 09:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
This thread popped up right when I am about to visit Jaisalmer this month. Thanks a lot R-Six for a detailed travelogue

Planning to stick to Palanpur-Deesa-Barmer-Jaisalmer route while I travel from MountAbu to Jaisalmer end of this month. Let me know how the roads are.
From Mount Abu, the better route to take is via Pali and Jodhpur. Excellent four laned till Jodhpur and then a traffic free drive till Jaisalmer on the two-laned highway. No small towns, villages on this route makes it better to drive. You will also love the stretch from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer.

Food tip: If you are around Jodhpur during lunch, try and visit Gypsy - the dining hall, for a delicious Rajasthani thali.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 22:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
From Mount Abu, the better route to take is via Pali and Jodhpur. Excellent four laned till Jodhpur and then a traffic free drive till Jaisalmer on the two-laned highway. No small towns, villages on this route makes it better to drive. You will also love the stretch from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer.

Food tip: If you are around Jodhpur during lunch, try and visit Gypsy - the dining hall, for a delicious Rajasthani thali.
Took this route today and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive. A 20km stretch just after Jodhpur is bad but rest of the 490km drive is absolute bliss . I averaged 67kmph from Mount Abu to Jaisalmer.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 30th October 2022 at 22:25.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 16:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

A quick question that needs an urgent answer. I. am reaching Jaisalmer around 6 pm today. I plan to see Tanot Mata temple, Longewala and reach Sam dunes in time for watching sunset tomorrow.
By what time should I start tomorrow morning from Jaisalmer?
Google estimates 5.5 hours for the 280 kms. Is this accurate? I don't think I'll be spending more than 30 minutes each in Tanot and Longewala. Staying overnight tomorrow at camp eKhas. Heading to Bikaner on Friday.
Thanks in advance.
Old 5th December 2022, 08:48   #25
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. This is proving very helpful as I plan my trip this December.
pravs3012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 16:02   #26
DSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsidhu View Post
It was Lovely reading your travelogue. I have driven multiple times recently between Barmer And Ahmedabad and back.

Wish if there was a chance to know your itinerary beforehand, I would have surely hosted you for a lunch near Barmer. Any Team Bhpians travelling in this remote yet beautiful location are most welcome for any assistance in this part. Thanks
Hi there, Good day. I am contemplating a road trip from Mumbai to Jaisalmer, and reaching out to you to ask if you could recommend a place to take a break for the night at Barmer, please. Could you also, possibly, advise me on the condition of the roads, at the current juncture. Thanks.
Old 11th December 2022, 00:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ View Post
Hi there, Good day. I am contemplating a road trip from Mumbai to Jaisalmer, and reaching out to you to ask if you could recommend a place to take a break for the night at Barmer, please. Could you also, possibly, advise me on the condition of the roads, at the current juncture. Thanks.
Most welcome brother. please let me know your ETA and will coordinate the rest. Roads in general are in good condition ,small patch of around 25-30 kms near Sanchore is under repairs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks