Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 08:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lahaul in a Jeep Compass - My first solo trip to Himachal

Thank you everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdumashanker View Post
Very well narrated - thanks for sharing - the number pictures of your Compass are truly justified because 1. it does look great, not a hint of tiredness and 2. more importantly when you travel solo you car is your only dependable companion, you almost tend to speak to it especially in such remote regions. The car's reliability/safety is of utmost importance. I am sure you thanked it as soon as you came home.
I did when I went solo from Chennai to Khatmandu in my Thar a few years back
Yes, cannot agree more. Things are different when you are alone. You can do whatever you want, click as many pictures, stare at your car for as long as you want with the mountains in the back drop. In trips like these when you depend on your car entirely you do feel sort of as one with the car.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 05:55   #17
Team-BHP Support

Great trip and writeup, thanks for sharing.
I totally get the joy of solo trips, where it’s just your car and yourself, with the beauty of nature around.

While nothing epic compared to the trip you did, I did an early morning trip on Sunday to head out to one of my favourite spots, about 110 kms or so from home. The solitude helps calm the mind and also a chance to just stand around and do nothing. This pic has now become a personal favourite.

Lahaul in a Jeep Compass - My first solo trip to Himachal-5113a5a68837431cbc4b0783cba576fc.jpeg
benbsb29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 08:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

While nothing epic compared to the trip you did, I did an early morning trip on Sunday to head out to one of my favourite spots, about 110 kms or so from home. The solitude helps calm the mind and also a chance to just stand around and do nothing. This pic has now become a personal favourite.

Attachment 2329176
Thanks and what a magnificent picture. The solo trip bug has bit me hard. I am raring to go again.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks