Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2022, 21:16   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_Breaker View Post
It looks like purvanchal expressway is becoming the default choice when travelling to and from Lucknow Kolkata route. Did you feel it is actually an improvement from the previous route through Varanasi ? Does it have amenities on the way like fuel pump, dhabas, toilet etc ?
Thanks.
Yes Purvanchal saves time.
Mohania to Varanashi is generally a 2 hours drive.
Varanashi to Lucknow is 5 hours.

Now Mohania to Purvanchal expressway starting point takes around 2 hours and the rest is a 3 hours drive till Lucknow. So it definitely saves around a couple of hours.

There are no fuel stations operational along the Purvanchal expressway.

Speed cams at Purvanchal expressway are not yet operational.

Purvanchal expressway has got operational neat and clean washrooms after certain intervals.

Restaurants are yet to open on the way towards Lucknow, but while coming towards Ghazipur, one restaurant is operational.

I have shared the full update on Kolkata to Noida over here-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post5328286 (Delhi-Kolkata by Road | NH2 (now called NH19) in full detail)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
P.S- Can’t rate the log since I am typing from a mobile, but it certainly deserves more than 10 stars.
Thanks ABHI_1512. We need a meet in Kolkata A-S-A-P!
I was reading your travelogue on Gurudongmar from Chaukori, due to poor network, I missed on commenting in it. It was as-usual a wonderful read. From Chaukori I relived our trip to Gurudongmar from last November. The Himalayan connect from Uttarakhand to Sikkim was surreal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghyaheart View Post
You know how much I wanted to be a part of this epic journey, but that wasn't possible. Anyways, looking forward to the future adventures with you guys.
Thanks Arghya. I can already foresee your Ford Freestyle in our next trip! It's true, that for the last couple of years we missed out on going for a trip together, but you were always a part of our group, you are still a part of it & you will be a part of it in the future too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Beautifully scripted, and yep, it would be blasphemous to even comment about the photographs.
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
Have come to a decision - not to use any adjectives for your threads as I have simply run out of them.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
After reading this TL, I sincerely want to travel to go on a hike along the 'Garting Gali' trek. Nellong valley looks like a mysterious abode from a different era.
Thanks a lot turboNath. I will definitely encourage you to go for a trip to Nelong, along with the Gartang gali trek. If time permits, do add the Mana pass from Badrinath too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Nice to see mountains which were not from Leh / Laddakh region. I prefer my hills / mountains of similar nature with some greenery, hence will prefer Uttarakhand over J&K.
Thanks a lot Sheel. Ladakh is beautiful in it's own way, but those who like greenery, for them Uttarakahnd, NorthEast, a part of Himachal and Kashmir will be pure bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Beautiful travelogue as usual Samba!!.
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post

Yet to write the Harshil/Gangotri trip, will like to upload some pictures with your permission.
Thanks a ton. Do not even ask, feel free to photo-bomb in my travelogue. I do it pretty often in others travelogues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
Was hoping to see a snap of duster with the famous panchachuli peaks, no issues, there's always a next time.
Thanks buddy. Your inputs before the trip were really helpful.

Duster with Panchachuli peaks-

Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD-img_1458.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogNDamsel12 View Post

Have marked a few places that call for standalone trips, like Nelong Valley National Park, Nanda Devi National Park, Tunganath Trek, Dharchula and if luck permits Mana Pass.
Marked too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post

Rated 4.5 stars, will add back the 0.5 if we can see the footage of the drive through slush in 4 Lock!
Thanks a ton. Actually I missed saving the video from the dashcam. I only have a still pic from the entry of that trail. The slush was much deeper later on.

Sailed through Uttarakhand in a Nexon & a Duster AWD-img_2581.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Awesome log and cracking pictures.
Hope the situation improves and people are allowed to explore the beautiful valley again.
Thanks a lot. Going till Nelong is in my bucket-list now. This part of the Garhwal definitely offers a picturesque scenery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safedriver76 View Post
What an amazing TL this has come out to be.
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Stunning visuals, Samba, as always a joy to go through your travelogue. Voted a well deserved 5*!!
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Samba : 18th June 2022 at 21:18.
Samba is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 09:01   #47
BHPian

Samba,
It is always a pleasure to go through your TL with good descriptions for fellow travellers and loads of mesmerising photos.
I loved seeing a few of my visited places again through your lens. I already started to plan a similar trail during puja after going through your story. Though I travelled to Munsiyari on my Kumayun trip a few years back but struggling with time to add Munsiyari again.
Lastly should mention the road surface in Garhwal, remembering the roads of Bhutan, specially Thimpu to Paro.
Travelmania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 19:51   #48
BHPian

Beautifully penned travelogue! I am so jealous reading it and absolutely blaming my luck for missing it.
The pictures are superb ad your style of writing added with the wonderfully captured snaps gave me an experience of the trip sitting at home.

Wishing you and your Duster many more trips and many more memories!!
Mountain_Deep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:22   #49
BHPian

Beautifully narration with mesmerising photographs, which together, drives the readers into the misty forests and lush green hills, with snow capped peaks providing an imposingly beautiful backdrop to this most beautiful region of the Himalayas.
No wonder Jim Corbett was in love with this place.

Was able to relive your journey through this, and thanks again for adding more locations and drives on my bucket list.
SchrödingersCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 00:02   #50
BHPian

Again a Samba magic!!!

This travelogue is a perfect mixture of some marvellous pictures and a very detailed but crisp writing that will be useful for anyone who wants, to do this trip. While reading your travelogue, I felt that I am also a part of this heavenly beautiful road trip with you all.

Wish you many more happy miles and more this type of travelogues in future .
Sayata is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 14:33   #51
BHPian

I remember few of your mountainous trip as "Sailed through ... "
I think that should be your default setup for any trip, no matter what thou shall sail through and provide us readers with a remarkable story to remember.

Brilliant capture describing the essence of the valley and an equally epic narration to back those pictures.
Keep traveling and sharing such wonderful threads.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 23:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

And Samba is back.!!

Thanks for an amazing t'log with excellent pics! Bookmarked this thread for my future trip refrences.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 22:52   #53
BHPian

Finally managed to go through the entire travelogue. Needless to say, the day by day narration are as detailed & informative as it can get and the pictures look amazing like always. You and DogNDamsel12 make a great pair ! Read her twin TL as well. Rated a well deserving ***** and eagerly awaiting to view the next set of adventure you embark.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 24th July 2022 at 22:56.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 16:11   #54
BHPian

Great Samba

What a superb Travellogue. No words to describe your pics. All are stunning.

If it took you three days(of course in parts) to write such an wonderful TL, It took me two days to just read it. Your writing and pics literally took me there.

I have noted down all the places of your stay for my upcoming trip to Uttarakhand in the September month.

Planning to go through your TL once again after finalising my Itinerary. Keep writing such beautiful TLs in the future to enlighten and encourage us to travel more.
anbaras is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 15:03   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Day 14 (Lucknow sightseeing)

4,612 km of memories added!
I read in your travelogue that road from Uttarkashi towards Gangotri is narrow and traffic is one-way at a time. For my visit to Gangotri (arriving a day before and staying at a hotel in Uttarkashi) do you suggest hiring bolero and leaving my car at hotel. My next destination is Kedarnath for which I will start next days from same hotel at Uttarkashi. I see many people do that but that was long back (from Laluk travelogue)
Wanderers is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 16:49   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I read in your travelogue that road from Uttarkashi towards Gangotri is narrow and traffic is one-way at a time. For my visit to Gangotri (arriving a day before and staying at a hotel in Uttarkashi) do you suggest hiring bolero and leaving my car at hotel. My next destination is Kedarnath for which I will start next days from same hotel at Uttarkashi. I see many people do that but that was long back (from Laluk travelogue)
When I visited in May 2022, the authorities used to block one side from 10 am to 7 pm with an interval of two hours for each side. If you start from Uttarkashi at 6 in the morning, you should cross these bottleneck areas without getting stuck.
I do not think there is a need to hire a Bolero, if you get stuck, you will get stuck in a Bolero as well, as there are no alternative routes which a local driver can take you through.
The only advantage in a hired car will be, you can avoid the stress in case you get stuck in a traffic jam. You can just leave the headache on the driver and relax.
I will suggest you, just inquire the current status from Uttarakashi before leaving for Gangotri. Locals are well aware of the one-way timings. As suggested by the locals, on our return leg we started from Harsil at 6 am, and reached Uttarkashi without any fuss.

Uttarkashi to Kedarnath will be a long drive, but the drive will be equally scenic. Opt the route through Ghansali, not through Srinagar and Rudraprayag. Via Ghansali this route had very less traffic.

Wish you a safe and happy journey.

Last edited by Samba : 13th March 2023 at 16:54.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 20:50   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Uttarkashi to Kedarnath will be a long drive, but the drive will be equally scenic. Opt the route through Ghansali, not through Srinagar and Rudraprayag. Via Ghansali this route had very less traffic.
Thanks for update. Will enquire local after reaching and then decide.
Regarding Uttarkashi- Sonprayag, do you think the long drive is more than 10-11 hours with short breaks? I plan to go via Ghansali and leave Uttarkashi by 6/630 AM but like to reach before dark. This is important as hotel bookings are done accordingly.
Wanderers is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 21:16   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Regarding Uttarkashi- Sonprayag, do you think the long drive is more than 10-11 hours with short breaks? I plan to go via Ghansali and leave Uttarkashi by 6/630 AM but like to reach before dark. This is important as hotel bookings are done accordingly.
10 hours should be good with breaks! Till Ukhimath, I got great roads last year. I have no idea about the road condition between Ukhimath to Sonprayag.
Seeing the overall road condition of Uttarakhand, am sure that will be great too.

The only thing that can jeopardize your timing during the time of Char Dham Yatra will be the unpredictable traffic jams due to heavy rush. Keep tracking Google maps on this route from few days prior to your journey. You will get a fair bit of idea.

To save some time, get the Char Dham Yatra online pass ready prior to your trip.

https://registrationandtouristcare.uk.gov.in/signin.php

Please re-check the authenticity of the above link before registering. There are 100s of fake links, if I make a mistake in providing you the correct link, you will suffer.

Last edited by Samba : 13th March 2023 at 21:28.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 21:42   #59
BHPian

Quote:

To save some time, get the Char Dham Yatra online pass ready prior to your trip.

https://registrationandtouristcare.uk.gov.in/signin.php

Please re-check the authenticity of the above link before registering. There are 100s of fake links, if I make a mistake in providing you the correct link, you will suffer.
Thanks. The link is correct and I have already done the registration as this year there is cap on number of visitors per day at each location so you also need to choose a date for each of Dhams apart from overall tour start and end date. This is the reason I asked you about travel time.
Also I am reaching each Dham on first day of opening so not sure about prior day traffic but will keep looking. Also i might need to wait for first puja or VIP stuff but decided to go for it.

This year onward there is app as well for both ios and Android.

Last edited by Wanderers : 13th March 2023 at 21:49.
Wanderers is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks