Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 03:46   #91
BHPian

Re: 28 State Capitals, 6 Union Territories | All-India Road Trip | Capital Connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post

Bangalore - Panjim:

What we covered so far
Fantastic narration. I loved the presentation of the trip through maps shaded in colors, took back to school days memories. It also showed the interest that you had on travel (that's the special in our community since everyone drives the car but few has the interest to share, communicate and learn). Wish you have more travel stories to share
Innysta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 08:07   #92
BHPian

Re: 28 State Capitals, 6 Union Territories | All-India Road Trip | Capital Connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
Absolutely brilliantly documented travelogue! It was as interesting as a book that cannot be put down

I literally could experience this whole journey myself by reading this. Nice photos and crisp descriptions. This will definitely be a reference guide for anyone planning on such a trip. Thanks for your efforts to put it together.
Thank you, glad you liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstreakcbe View Post
Excellent!!! & Congratulations!!! You are an true inspiration.
Thank you for the appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
Fantastic narration. I loved the presentation of the trip through maps shaded in colors, took back to school days memories. It also showed the interest that you had on travel (that's the special in our community since everyone drives the car but few has the interest to share, communicate and learn). Wish you have more travel stories to share
Thank you. Regarding that coloring the map, we too were remembering the school days when we filled color for the state after reaching each capital. It looked like a progress report for us as we went through this trip.
thirugata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 12:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

Epic trip narrated well with all details captured, this can serve as a reference guide to the aspiring BHPians. My 5 stars to the thread
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 16:51   #94
BHPian

That was epic! Amazing travelogue. I felt as if I was on the journey. Very detailed description of routes, roads, food and experiences. Makes me want to go on a similar trip some day.

70 days on the road. How did the body react to so much of travelling? Driving daily for 8-10 hours, then a lot of walking around. Must be tiring. It requires not just physical but also mental strength. Kudos to you and your wife. That was quite an adventure.

How did you find the teas at different places? You must have experienced lots of strong/mild, good/bad teas.

You seem to be very fond of religious places. Lots of photos of temples, churches, monasteries and mosques. Some beautiful clicks there.

Are you into bird watching? How does does one find the name of bird species?

Loved the map you kept colouring after each state. Hope you are framing it and putting up on a wall. It's a once in a lifetime adventure.
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 08:39   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Epic trip narrated well with all details captured, this can serve as a reference guide to the aspiring BHPians. My 5 stars to the thread
Thank you very much for the appreciation, I am glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
That was epic! Amazing travelogue. I felt as if I was on the journey. Very detailed description of routes, roads, food and experiences. Makes me want to go on a similar trip some day.

70 days on the road. How did the body react to so much of travelling? Driving daily for 8-10 hours, then a lot of walking around. Must be tiring. It requires not just physical but also mental strength. Kudos to you and your wife. That was quite an adventure.

How did you find the teas at different places? You must have experienced lots of strong/mild, good/bad teas.

You seem to be very fond of religious places. Lots of photos of temples, churches, monasteries and mosques. Some beautiful clicks there.

Are you into bird watching? How does does one find the name of bird species?

Loved the map you kept colouring after each state. Hope you are framing it and putting up on a wall. It's a once in a lifetime adventure.
Thank you very much for the kind words.
With respect to daily driving, I guess most days the distance was manageable which was in between 250 - 300 KMs. I tend to drive a bit slow which actually allows me to see around when I drive which adds about an hour of drive compared someone who would probably drive at north of 100 KMPH. But driving in 70 - 90 KMPH range also puts less stress on eyes and brain. I feel that was the key for me able to do this trip without feeling 'I don't want to drive' even one day.
To be frank I didn't know if I could do it as I had not driven long distances for more than a week prior to this, but I guess bit of planning in distribution of driving load and just the desire to do the trip helped me complete it.

Tea was a mixed bag. We are used to a bit of strong tea with medium sugar. So in most places we found the tea to be less strong and sweeter, but you got to take what you get isn't it? I distinctly remember having a wonderful cup of tea on our way from Purnia to Gangtok once we entered WB.
In some parts of NE people mix a bit of milk powder where there is limited supply of milk, so that gives a different taste to the tea.
There was a stretch of good 40 - 50 KMs in between Sambalpur and Raipur where we did not find tea in any of the road side hotels. Strange thing was milk is not locally produced in that area and they depend on milk supply from far. You dont find tea there on days when the supply is delayed or does not arrive. Couldnt believe there could an area in India where there is no milk.

It is the fact that religious places are the most popular places in India as most people visit it. I prefer nature to religious places as they are mostly crowded. But this trip being to cities, it is hard to find natural beauties in the middle of the cities. So had to be content with religious places and monuments.

Yes, I am a bird watcher. Frankly I had 0 expectations in terms of bird or wild life sighting on this tour. Clicked what I could spot on the way, lucky to find whatever I did.
I use a combination of Birds of Indian subcontinent book, google lens and Merlin app to identify them. Merlin app also allows you to keep a record of what you watched.
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 14:13   #96

OH MY WORD! I was crying when I reached the epilogue. The precise narration, beautiful pictures from across our country, sheer willpower to dream, think, plan and execute such a magnanimous trip, the capabilities of human mind and body, the relationship between you guys and the car; it is just overwhelming. Kudos to you for this. Hats off. It feels like I want to read a whole book or watch a series about this adventure.

Had I come across the thread you were updating while traveling, I'd have loved to host you in Bhavnagar. I'd have also guided you to a small detour on way to Diu towards the biggest ship breaking yard in the world - Alang, and maybe would have come all the way to Diu with you

If you were to compare yourself from before and after the trip, what has changed as a person in you? What effect has the whole journey had on the journey of your life?
Pix.Plays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 21:21   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pix.Plays View Post
OH MY WORD! I was crying when I reached the epilogue. The precise narration, beautiful pictures from across our country, sheer willpower to dream, think, plan and execute such a magnanimous trip, the capabilities of human mind and body, the relationship between you guys and the car; it is just overwhelming. Kudos to you for this. Hats off. It feels like I want to read a whole book or watch a series about this adventure.

Had I come across the thread you were updating while traveling, I'd have loved to host you in Bhavnagar. I'd have also guided you to a small detour on way to Diu towards the biggest ship breaking yard in the world - Alang, and maybe would have come all the way to Diu with you

If you were to compare yourself from before and after the trip, what has changed as a person in you? What effect has the whole journey had on the journey of your life?
Thank you very much for the appreciation, I am glad you liked it.

Alang has been added to the list of places to see when I visit Guj again to explore, I did not know about it so thanks for sharing it.

Having had glimpse of Guj I certainly would like to explore the state in detail and whenever that happens I would update you and will meet you in Bhavnagar and we could have a drive together. In the mean time if you plan a visit to Bangalore do give me a shout.
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 19:58   #98
Senior - BHPian

WOW Just WOW is what comes to mind.
I had saved this thread to be read later and thought that I'll just skim through it over 3-4 sittings, but began reading earlier today afternoon and read it in just one go, and that too without skimming. Just marvelous.
Kudos to you on completing and then documenting (which is almost as hard as doing the trip) and making it very interesting.
harjeev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 12:59   #99
BHPian

Terrific and Fabulous! Hats off to you brother. Thanks for taking time to write this wonderful travelogue for the benefit of others. Will surely inspire many to undertake similar long journeys. Life is to experience such Joys.
murlidar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 10:55   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
WOW Just WOW is what comes to mind.
I had saved this thread to be read later and thought that I'll just skim through it over 3-4 sittings, but began reading earlier today afternoon and read it in just one go, and that too without skimming. Just marvelous.
Kudos to you on completing and then documenting (which is almost as hard as doing the trip) and making it very interesting.
Thank you very much for appreciation, I am glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidar View Post
Terrific and Fabulous! Hats off to you brother. Thanks for taking time to write this wonderful travelogue for the benefit of others. Will surely inspire many to undertake similar long journeys. Life is to experience such Joys.
Thanks a lot of appreciation and kind words.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks