Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2022, 11:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Ladakh in a Scorpio Getaway pick-up truck

Kudos to the three of you. This is not a travelogue but an inspiring post for people like me in the early 40s who are worried about growing old and think a little too much when planning such expeditions. :-) I'm definitely going to share this with my family elders as well, hoping it will inspire them to join us in our road trips.

I'm curious to know the most challenging thing in the entire trip that the three of you faced. :-)
Old 12th August 2022, 22:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsan View Post
Stayed at 1) Suyog Residency, Thane (One night) 2) Hotel Hilltop Palace, Udaipur (1N)
3) Soham's Chateau De Naggar, Manali (1N) 4) Padma Lodge, Jispa (1(N) 5) Zambala Hotel, Padum (1N) 6) Hotel Chutuk Heights, Kargil (1N) 7) The Shanti Nest, Leh (2N) Paradise Cottages, Tso Moriri and then on the return leg Shanti Nest again as well as Padma Lodge and then Nalagarh Fort Hotel, Nalagarh.

n.b these were all hotels used regularly by motorbikers and recommended to us by the biker in our group.
Thank you sir for sharing the information. This list will definitely help us all who want to plan this circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsan View Post
Distances covered every day varied from 1000 kms in the plains to 200- 300 per day within Ladakh (point to note - even a 300 km drive within Ladakh is equivalent to about a 1000 in the plains in terms of time required).
This is a very useful tip because in these type of drives patience is the most important virtue.
PhoenixInRising is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 07:53   #18
BHPian

Inspirational sir. Amazing.

Hope you guys go and share more such trips.
Old 15th August 2022, 21:43   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Amazing post and seriously amazing you folks were able to mange without any Back ache issues.

Can imagine the drive would have been so much fun.

Presume this is the first of many more to come.
Old 28th April 2023, 11:48   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This is truly inspiring. You guys have shown that age is not a barrier to enjoying life.

I often encounter people who tell me that taking long rides or going on tours is only possible until marriage or a certain age, and this travelogue is going to be my answer to them. I have two other friends who are as close to me as you three, and I am definitely going to share this with them, saying that this will be us in the future.

Most Viewed