Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2022, 01:12   #31
BHPian

re: Once upon a time in Europe | South Germany, and a bit of Austria | Summer 2022

Superb photos and narration vb san, I have done the same circuit and half of the time I was completely mesmerized to take photos. But as a German resident, I never thought Indians did consider Germany as a tourist destination, it’s good to see someone coming here just as a tourist.

Great upgrade on the rental as well, it’s a usual story in Germany and have heard it happening with other friends too. Unfortunately I bought my car here before getting my German license so never really got around renting cars here. Seems like I need to rent something soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potenza View Post
One question that I had was which month did you do this trip in? You’ve mentioned peak summer and the pictures clearly show summer season but your 340i is wearing winter tyres which is quite surprising considering they’re quite particular about these things in Germany (the tread can be seen in the picture after the McDonald’s one).
Allow me to intercept, there’s always an overlap of few months before you make a switch the tires and it’s allowed, Germany doesn’t have any fixed months as well opposed to neighboring countries. I have driven my summer tires till late November and have changed my winter ones around late May. Another funny thing is that winter tires are legally allowed to be used in summer, there are many disadvantages of doing so but no-one will stop you from doing it.
turbowhistle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:36   #32
Team-BHP Support

re: Once upon a time in Europe | South Germany, and a bit of Austria | Summer 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Very nicely done pictures. Sometimes I wonder if it's the place, or the camera device or the human behind the camera that leads to such wonderful outcomes. Each one must play their bit for such an outcome.
Thank you for your comments. As you said it could be a mix of all the aspects. The place definitely matters, plus being in the right place at the right time. For e.g., we got to see this just on a casual early morning drive around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007
At times travel could change the direction your life takes. One such trip in 2014 with my family to France, Switzerland, and Germany changed my life forever.
Absolutely! The thoughts, and perceptions, all can change just by stepping out and going around. I could see that even more prominently with my 14-year-old girl.

Quote:
People have to experience this in person to realize how seamlessly connected Europe/Schengen Area is.
Yes, sometimes the only giveaway will be a slight change in scenery or signboards.

Quote:
P.S: You mentioned coffee several times and I was wondering which one you liked the most and if there were any region-specific quirks. Like for example I've noticed that the coffee was accompanied by a complementary dark chocolate, wafer biscuit or caramel biscuit (Biscoff).
Coffee in Germany was nothing special, except for a couple of small boutique cafés that served good espresso. For white coffee, I found the regular Milchkaffee (or milk coffee) much better than the usual latte or cappuccino. The coffee we had in Reutte Austria was really good. And yes, in every café, the coffee came with a dark chocolate cookie or a biscoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Fantastic log and impressive pictures. Seems like we were in the same region at the same time! Infact I stayed at the Moxy itself in Frankfurt city center and even managed to visit Garmisch-Partenkirchen and the McDonald's there in the M3 on the drive from Munich!
The views you've captured are picture-perfect indeed.
Thank you! We stayed at the Moxy on the 29th, the start of the trip, and on return, it was NH Collections. I did read your autobahn adventure report, thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavyagnik View Post
Such a beautifully documented travelogue! How tough would it be for a vegetarian like me to find places to eat in Germany?
Thank you!
In many restaurant menus, we saw dedicated sections for vegan/vegetarians; obviously, the selection is limited. On my previous trip, a fellow traveler was vegetarian, and she did not find it difficult to find options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post
Nice Travelogue and photos! Thanks for sharing!
After seeing your photos in Munich and Salzburg trip photos. It remembers my trip to Salzburg and Munich in 2014!!
Thank you for sharing! I need to plan a dedicated trip to cover the Austrian side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay T
Beautiful well-articulated travelogue.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay T
Wonder whether it was DSLR or Mobile.
All photos are with phone cameras – shared between my Samsung S22, and my wife’s iPhone 13 Pro Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
Must thank you for such lovely countryside photos and detailed trip. It takes time to watch all the pictures and also motivates readers to plan such trips. Can you please give details of cost and how you booked with tips ?
Thank you! Europe in summer is pretty expensive, even more so for us as all the bookings (including flights) were booked just a couple of weeks before the trip. I have not done a full expense check, but I think it should be around the vicinity of 8 lakhs in INR (inclusive of airfare for 3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
Very nice travelogue! Seems like a lot of fun.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSabh View Post
Beautiful photography! Especially the architecture. As an architect, I can tell you that you've got the correct angles every time, and the details have come across very well
Great travelogue!
Thank you! Appreciate the comments. The architecture and the surroundings were in perfect harmony, which makes capturing pictures easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Thanks a lot for a well written, articulated and informative travelogue.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potenza View Post
Superb travelogue! Loved the pictures and your narration. I’ve always felt that Germany is extremely underrated as a travel destination. Looking at your pictures has tempted us to do our long pending Bavarian road trip soon.
Thank you! And yes, its wonderful travel around in Germany, and Bavaria especially is just so wonderful. The trip was done in end July / early August. On the tyres, Turbowhistle have already explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi vb san, arigato for this travelogue - your pictures tell a thousand stories. Incredible eye for details and quality. It's the person behind the camera who elevates the good to something great. And you have.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana
If you're ever back in this part of the world, across the border from Konstanz give me a holler. Would love to host you or go on a roadtrip.
Absolutely. Konstanz, Lindau and surroundings are something I would love to explore more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Superb photos and narration vb san, I have done the same circuit and half of the time I was completely mesmerized to take photos. But as a German resident, I never thought Indians did consider Germany as a tourist destination, it’s good to see someone coming here just as a tourist.
Thank you! And yes, actually for the whole trip we did not see many Indian tourists around – probably a couple of them in Zugspitze and a few in Munich. But as my German colleague mentioned – the whole of Germany will be on holiday, and he was right

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd September 2022 at 15:38.
vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 01:46   #33
BHPian

It was an amazing travelogue with great pictures and thank you for sharing it. In the current rental market, glad to hear that you were able to get a great upgrade and 340 Touring would have made this whole trip extra special.

We used to travel a lot pre covid and created some great memories as a family. I think its time to restart that tradition.
vj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 09:06   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
It was an amazing travelogue with great pictures and thank you for sharing it.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123
In the current rental market, glad to hear that you were able to get a great upgrade and 340 Touring would have made this whole trip extra special.
Absolutely. If I had booked this option directly as a choice, it would have costed at least 50% more than what I paid for the rental now.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks