Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 10:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Drive to Discover | Bangalore - Coorg - Wayanad - Kochi | Spice, coffee and tea route

How does one get invited to such events?
vaibhavyagnik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:38   #17

Re: Honda Drive to Discover | Bangalore - Coorg - Wayanad - Kochi | Spice, coffee and tea route

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Nice thread. Thank you.

How does one get in on this Honda Drive initiative? I too would like to get the heck away and do some curated drives without worrying about stuff.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavyagnik View Post
I guess its only for media people. So, we mortals don't get a chance to participate.

But there are drives organised by manufactures, medias and organisations, where people can participate with their own cars / company cars. Sure you can find the details online
aravindhunt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:40   #18

Quote:
How does one get in on this Honda Drive initiative? I too would like to get the heck away and do some curated drives without worrying about stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavyagnik View Post
This is a promotional event from Honda and the invites are for auto journalists fraternity exclusively. As quoted by Rudra below, Honda invited Team-BHP for the event. All previous drives were also attended by someone from the Team-BHP support team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Disclaimer: Honda invited Team-BHP for the Drive. They covered all the expenses for this driving event.
rmz1088 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 13:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
17th September

The roads continue to be two-laned and, generally, with good surfaces. Between Coorg and Ponnampet, we see a beautiful happy tusker. Amidst the lush green vegetation, he looks majestic.
I spotted the convoy passing through Ponnampet and was wondering what the event was about. Now i know.
Correction:- Coorg(Kodagu) is a district with Madikeri as the capital. Ponnampet is a town in Coorg.

Last edited by BopsKA12 : 30th September 2022 at 14:04. Reason: correction
BopsKA12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 14:31   #20
BHPian

What was the mileage difference between City Automatic and manual ?
Old 30th September 2022, 15:11   #21
BHPian

Thanks for a crisp write-up with some nice angles of Honda City.

Quote:
It’s a terrific experience spending four days with various media people. Thanks to the Honda team (Vivek Singh, Gaurav Dua, Shwetank and Saba Khan) and the PR team (Dhiraj and Ashwini). I wish to make more trips with them in the future.
Any talks of Honda Civic 11th gen hitting our shores? Recently test drove a Civic eHEV here in NL and I should say, that is the only ICE hatchback I would buy if ever my Tesla model 3 is due for change. Functionally designed cabin with fantastic driving dynamics combined with a quiet and efficient hybrid powertrain. Honda's eHEV technology is a unique piece of engineering.

Last edited by carthick1000 : 30th September 2022 at 15:13.
Old 30th September 2022, 15:21   #22

Quote:
The mileage that I have obtained from the City Hybrid is 23 km/l
Thanks for sharing Rudra Sen. Very nice pictures indeed!
Since you had the privilege of driving the regular City Petrol and the Hybrid version back-to-back, please could you share any insights on the below points:
1) Any difference noticed in the Suspension Setup of both these motors
2) Leaving the Hybrid mileage aside, did you notice any pick-up/or any other lag in both these machines
3) While you are on the highway and drive at 60+ kms speed does the Hybrid machine still drive on the battery, or above a certain speed it switches to Petrol ONLY and remains on that till the point the driving speed is reduced?
4) Did the Honda folks share anything about any of their upcoming launches (H-RV?)

Not too sure what would Honda gain from this publicity stint as most of these models have been around for several years now (barring Hybrid), hence what is their motivation in popularizing the same cars again without any specific USP about them? I have a 2010 City AT and I am very interested in upgrading to another Honda; however, I do not find the City Hybrid any Quantum Leap improvement over and above what I have. Don't know what other option Honda would make available soon for someone like me! Thanks.
g_sanjib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 17:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Nice thread. Thank you.

Cheers
You have to be a part of a media house for the same. Unsure if Honda organizes such a drive for customers or prospects though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post

All the cars have UP registration, were these cars transported from UP to Bangalore just for the drive?

Regards
These cars (usually the entire media fleet, irrespective of the brand) are registered in the region where their factory is located, which is the same in this case.
They are usually driven down to various locations/cities depending on the requirement. Flat bedding or getting them trucked is more of an exception than the norm (unless its an expensive model)
Torque_Curve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 08:12   #24
BANNED

Thank you for the pleasant write-up, Rudra Sen. The "been here, done that" flavour comes through.

The photos brought up nostalgia from our own long-ago (1998) trip to Madikeri from Mumbai on the Tata Sierra, our ride at the time.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks