Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2022, 18:18   #16
BHPian

re: Tawang & Kaziranga Redux | Cars, Friends, Food and some more food

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
We scampered through to Gazoldoba, just in time for the sunset. ShuvC also reached almost at the same time and he brought along Rosogollas with him as a part of ritual followed in every Bengali household after Bijoyadashami. It was very thoughtful of him to do that and showed the kind of person that he is. And all this after he missed the whole trip !!
That's touching! I hope that junior ShuvC is recovering well. A Sunday afternoon is well spent while reading this wonderful travelogue of yours. I guess, the food photos do convey the right vibes, given the kind of foodies you guys are!

Also, it was wonderful to meet you guys at Shergaon, albeit briefly as the Sun was preparing to say goodbye for the night. It was a special feeling for sure. I wish you, Mithun and Debdeep many more road trips together in future.

Also, many thanks for your useful tips that made our Arunachal trip a smoother one.

Best wishes,
gmhossain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 20:05   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tawang & Kaziranga Redux | Cars, Friends, Food and some more food

Abhi_1512 is back with another blockbuster from the Northeast! Fantastic photographs, great story telling & last but not the least a superb team. Rated 5*.
The car photographs look smashing. Missed the red Pajero Sport of Bhpian ShuvC. Waiting to see the photographs clicked by Bhpian Dip27in & Mi2n very soon in this travelogue.

Quote:
Chiranjit and the rest of the BHPian's were waiting near the Taj Vivanta since two of the major tyre shops were nearby and I needed to scour for my steel rim. Met BHPian ReeturajYogi and BHPian Gunin and of course ChiranjitP.
What a lovely meet, this has turned out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post

Also, it was wonderful to meet you guys at Shergaon,
When can we expect the travelogue from your end!

Sharing few pics from our trip to Arunachal in 2019!

Tawang & Kaziranga Redux | Cars, Friends, Food and some more food-img_0006.jpg

Tawang & Kaziranga Redux | Cars, Friends, Food and some more food-img_0068.jpg

Tawang & Kaziranga Redux | Cars, Friends, Food and some more food-img_0292.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 6th November 2022 at 20:07.
Samba is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 10:00   #18
BHPian

Re: Tawang & Kaziranga Redux | Cars, Friends, Food and some more food

As is the norm with your travelogues, another superhit this is Abhi da.

It was great meeting you mid way.

Hope to join you for drives soon.

Last edited by DevOnWheels : 7th November 2022 at 10:05.
DevOnWheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 11:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:

Hope people reading the log don't get bored or offended by the food pictures but I trust Debdeep and Mithun to add some more though
Perhaps one of the few TL in forum where food pics outweight cars, awesome writeup as usual
HornNotOkPlease is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 16:07   #20
BHPian

Fantastic travelogue, great photos! Was a treat to read, while I devour the sight of those delicacies on plates :-) and yes, very good information to plan out such a trip.
car-go is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 16:13   #21
BHPian

Abhi da! A brilliant write-up as usual. The pictures of the landscape are good but the pictures of the food are just so tempting. It was a great pleasure meeting you and Bou.
gunin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 16:31   #22
BHPian

Fantastic !
In May this year, myself also made the same mistake of taking the 'Boroma' route, to save some time. There was an 'off-road' route available to bypass the broken bridge, which we took (obviously the shock absorbers of my car were undergone a tough time )
The photos are beautiful (specially the food).
At Tawang, we have encountered the same muddy road. Our hotel was just opposite side of the road. I have to 'offload' my wife and son to get past the muddy road
Nice to see the 'BHPIANS' from Assam.
edunata is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 17:56   #23
BHPian

Dear Abhishek,

This thread is not only bursting with food photographs, but also some excellent camaraderie among friends (plus meet ups) and some landscape photos. I also remember that your last Pujo thread too echoed similar reactions - and thats how a Pujo travel should be.

Writing this phenomenal travelogue must have been quite an arduous exercise but its a thorough treat to us readers .

Looking forward to some more photos from Debdeep and Mithun.

Cheers!
Sayak

Last edited by sayakc : 7th November 2022 at 18:01.
sayakc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 21:50   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi..Reeturaj View Post
Awesome, was waiting for the writeup and like always is another wonderful effort.
I always keep updating my bucket list for places to stay whenevr i read ur tlogs��. Until next time bro, keep trippin, keep sharing
Thanks Reetu, it was wonderful that you could come to the meet, always great to interact with like minded friends. And again, thanks for Konoka. Hope to see you soon,

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
That's touching! I hope that junior ShuvC is recovering well.
Yes, Junior ShuvC is doing on great now by the grace of god.

Indeed it was a special meeting, to find someone in distant lands is always a wonderful feeling. So good that we got to meet after all those phone calls.

Will be waiting to read about your side of the Arunachal sojourn.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
The car photographs look smashing. Missed the red Pajero Sport of Bhpian ShuvC. Waiting to see the photographs clicked by Bhpian Dip27in & Mi2n very soon in this travelogue.
Thanks Samba, Debdeep and Mithun are masters of car photography. You can surely expect much better versions from their side, just as I am.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
As is the norm with your travelogues, another superhit this is Abhi da.

It was great meeting you mid way.

Hope to join you for drives soon.
Thanks for the a good words Dev, it as surely wonderful to meet you too, that too on your home turf. Wil surely make a trip sooner,

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornNotOkPlease View Post
Perhaps one of the few TL in forum where food pics outweight cars, awesome writeup as usual
You know the foodie us, what do you expect ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-go View Post
Fantastic travelogue, great photos! Was a treat to read, while I devour the sight of those delicacies on plates :-) and yes, very good information to plan out such a trip.
Thanks for the good words car-go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunin View Post
Abhi da! A brilliant write-up as usual. The pictures of the landscape are good but the pictures of the food are just so tempting. It was a great pleasure meeting you and Bou.
Many thanks Gunin, it was wonderful to know you in person. And trust me, we are going to meet very soon.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edunata View Post
Fantastic !
In May this year, myself also made the same mistake of taking the 'Boroma' route, to save some time. There was an 'off-road' route available to bypass the broken bridge, which we took (obviously the shock absorbers of my car were undergone a tough time )
The photos are beautiful (specially the food).
At Tawang, we have encountered the same muddy road. Our hotel was just opposite side of the road. I have to 'offload' my wife and son to get past the muddy road
Nice to see the 'BHPIANS' from Assam.
Yes, Google does play these tricks some of the times. It was an easy decision to abort the plan through Barama since I already knew the route. It was not so in your case I suppose. Nevertheless, we all learn. Thanks for the good words Atanu da, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post

This thread is not only bursting with food photographs, but also some excellent camaraderie among friends (plus meet ups) and some landscape photos. I also remember that your last Pujo thread too echoed similar reactions - and thats how a Pujo travel should be.
Thanks for the good words Sayak, glad that you liked the log. It’s always a good feeling when someone gets to enjoy what we write. You certainly made my day,

Regards.

P.S- Your travelogues are pending for long now, about time we get to read your gems.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 7th November 2022 at 21:53.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 22:30   #25
BHPian

Its fascinating to see how Team Bengal continues to churn out these amazing Travelogues one after another Its an amazing tale of fun & adventure by a group of people who met each other on the forum and became family. Thoroughly enjoyed going through this, rated 5 *****
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 10:30   #26
BHPian

Very nice! Great pictures and writeup. I am jealous about your proximity to such wonderful places! For us in the west it becomes a huge undertaking in terms of time and distance traveled!
bhargav_dave is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 15:14   #27
BHPian

Wow! What a travelogue. I am amazed at the number of things you've managed to remember & pen down in this beautiful thread. The thread sparkles with happy pictures of the whole group.

Hope to see more pictures from Dip27in & mi2n.

Cheers,
Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 00:54   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Its an amazing tale of fun & adventure by a group of people who met each other on the forum and became family. Thoroughly enjoyed going through this.
You have put it nicely Sam, it’s amazing that we all have met through the forum and it’s the camaraderie that counts and nothing else. This trip was indeed special. Thanks for the good words,

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav_dave View Post
Very nice! Great pictures and writeup. I am jealous about your proximity to such wonderful places! For us in the west it becomes a huge undertaking in terms of time and distance traveled!
Many thanks for the good words Bhargav. It’s true that Himalayas are only an overnight away from us but it’s also true that people in the west have the quick access to the Northern hills which we don’t have

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Wow! What a travelogue. I am amazed at the number of things you've managed to remember & pen down in this beautiful thread. The thread sparkles with happy pictures of the whole group.

Hope to see more pictures from Dip27in & mi2n.
Ha ha, the pictures helped me through the log Pawan. At the end of the day, it’s the memorable moments that stay, long after any trip is over. For us, the whole trip was one memorable and enjoyable experience, not to be forgotten in a hurry. So yes, putting words into the experiences wasn’t difficult enough

Thanks for the good words, Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 18:12   #29
BHPian

Well, another mindblowing TL written with a lot of care that not only informs but also inspires. It is really amazing how much you, Debdeep and Mithun get around. Apart from the incredible photos of the locales and the food, what stood out for me was how your TL reads like an adventure novel - there were parts that were dramatic just like in those novels, especially the incidents around the rain and parking in the slush in the dark, the issue with the EGR and the broken wheel. Says a lot of the mettle of all of you (and your families) that you overcame all these challenges and carried on irrespective. It's also great that ShuvC could join you finally. I can also imagine that meeting other BHPians including our very own Golam must have been great fun too! Looking forward to your next TL and in the meantime keep driving! (I know you will!)
Neversaygbye is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 22:41   #30
BHPian

Yet another fantastic travelogue from ABHI_1512 from his favourite part of the country ! After concluding this epic journey (riding shotgun on Baahon virtually), I can definitely say that this TL easily beats any guide book for exploring North East India.

What an epic road trip covering such breathtakingly beautiful landscapes! I am pretty sure those delectable food pictures took this trip to a whole new level as well.

It is very hard to pick favourites from this treasure trove of photographs that you have brought back from this trip. For me the foggy & mysterious roads to Sela & Bumla passes (including that cliffhanger photograph), the watercolour paintings of Shungetsar lake & those beautiful green valleys of Tawang will serve as the perfect dose of motivation to plan a trip to the most pristine part of India real soon! Thanks again for sharing this gem of a TL with us. Wish I could give it 10 stars !
turboNath is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks