Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:01   #16
BHPian

Re: In the lap of Eastern Himalayas: Shergaon, Dirang, Bomdila, Sela Pass, Tawang in Arunachal Prade

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your travelogue... Brought back many memories from the backpacking trip we did in 2012 across North-east India! Tawang will be one of the closest to my heart, as it was on the way to Tawang (sitting on top of a Tata Sumo) spotting Moon at midday brought out the writer in me.
kiki_13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 17:53   #17
BHPian

Re: Getting There

This travelogue just came at the right time.
We planned a trip to the north-east from Jan 21 -28, 2023 but then realized that one week is a very short time to explore north-east widely and should just stick to Tawang and were a bit sad about it. Now after reading this, Tawang itself is going to be a memorable journey I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarG View Post
Season?

Autumn and Spring for easy touring. Winter for snow, but it will be difficult to get permits for higher altitude places. If you are visiting during the monsoon, be prepared for landslides, and keep extra buffer days.
One question, Jan 21 - 28 being peak winter times, can 2WD vehicles make this round trip?
My friends and I will be a group of 7 and were thinking of renting a Chevrolet Enjoy or Innova Crysta (self-drive) from Guwahati for 7 days (airport pick up and drop).
We are experienced drivers and can handle ghats, but the confusion is more regarding snowfall / 2WD capabilities.
Is this a good decision? (Definitely not a wise decision, I know that )

Last edited by ashikthomson : 7th December 2022 at 17:55.
Old 28th December 2022, 22:18   #18
BHPian

Re: Getting There

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikthomson View Post
One question, Jan 21 - 28 being peak winter times, can 2WD vehicles make this round trip?
I am sorry for the late reply. I have a friend who arranges tours for visitors and he is very experienced with this region. I’ll inbox you his contact details. Please get in touch with him for the exact and accurate information.

I have another friend who has recently made it to Sela Pass in an alto k10. However, January end may be a different story.
Old 29th December 2022, 01:02   #19
BHPian

Re: In the lap of Eastern Himalayas: Shergaon, Dirang, Bomdila, Sela Pass, Tawang in Arunachal Prade

You sir not only have a creative eye for photography but also a unique writing style which is highly story like for reading and crisp at the same time. Well done and keep sharing more such journeys. Rated well deserved 5 stars.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks