Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 16:34   #91
BHPian

Hi Ravi,

Lovely thread! This is like a glossary of 'little known places in Karnataka'. I really enjoyed your simplistic way of putting things while ensuring all relevant details are provided. Some of these places are surely on my radar now!

Keep posting, and we will keep drooling!

Cheers
Old 20th September 2008, 20:26   #92
Senior - BHPian

I cant say more - I am deep down envious with you Ravi. Karnataka is beautiful, and mostly the areas around Shimoga, Sagar, Sirsi has got to my head. You really have done a wonderful help for all of us....

Now I don't know how to force my wifey to get some leaves and kids out of school to visit these places May be show I just show them your thread and the cool photos.
Old 21st September 2008, 10:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hey ravi thanks for sharing those pics buddy.Nice one's and yeah those idli's are tempting .
Ever tried this place .:: Vihangama ::. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
The last pic is between shimoga n theerthally..
Just did that stretch a few weeks back and was simply amazing.
Old 21st September 2008, 14:55   #94
Senior - BHPian

Thank you everybody for the mention.

Hi Rriju, We have visited Vihangama May 1st week, its very neat and clean place to stay and relax. One can visit many places from there including their boat ride to cave sort of place in tunga river. We stayed there for one night and in the morning taken boat ride to cave sort of area in river. Resort (home stay) is very neat and clean with excellant food. I guess Lukeskywalker has also visited there.

You can find more details I have put in thsi thread page 4, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/822163-post57.html

Regards,.

Ravi.
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:57   #95
Senior - BHPian

Ravi keep it going

Will be going towards Hosnagara coming month, will try to explore near by places...its been sooo long...
btw you are selling Innova? why?
Old 22nd September 2008, 19:22   #96
BHPian

Awesome thread with wonderful pics.

Awesome thread Ravi. The pics are wonderful to say the least. Carry on the good work and enjoy life.
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:13   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Nice pictures and trip log Ravi,
this complete thread gives and idea of your taste, Abhi and I can join you folks on that t-bhp family drive if you guys can let us know well ahead of the time..

Once I had Lakkavalli forest rest house booked but could not make the trip due to last moment changes. I would like to go in summer and spend at least more than a couple of days, I have heard a lot about the forest and hoping I get to see tiger during that time

I agree with Lohit and can imagine how much pleasure those roads would give on a bike ride!!
How to book the lakkavali forest rest house?
Can you give numkbers / address?
You can buz me on private or you can email me
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:23   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I had been to my parents place who work and stay in Ankola, ladies made me take them to Karwar for time pass trip.

My kid wanted to see fish so I took her to small Aquarium there which is next to NH17 in Karwar town and also just few minute walk in beech.

Ravi.
Next time your kids want to see fish, take them on a fishing trip from karwar fishing harbour
I shelled out 2000 bucks for a 3 hour trawling trip, caught half ton of jelly fish, one sea snake, 3 kg of tiger prawns, lot of other fish I left with boat man. He was like dubm struck asking you dont want the fish??? He couldnt understand why anyone would pay money to go fishing
Picture of karwar fishing here
Best regards
Bala
Old 23rd September 2008, 22:08   #99
Senior - BHPian

Thats very nice Bala,

To book the Lakkavalli resort visit Jungle Resorts website and there is online booking too! www.junglelodges.com/

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 24th September 2008, 10:49   #100
BHPian

Hi,
I missed your thread .
great pictures and nice travelogues.
srini
Old 5th October 2008, 02:24   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Thats very nice Bala,

To book the Lakkavalli resort visit Jungle Resorts website and there is online booking too! www.junglelodges.com/

Regards,

Ravi.
Well, previously Lakkavali guest house was under direct forest dept control. Now JLR has taken over. I want to visit Bhadra without JLR. Sometimes the simple forest rest house offers much more than a JLR
Best regards
Old 5th October 2008, 10:41   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Well, previously Lakkavali guest house was under direct forest dept control. Now JLR has taken over. I want to visit Bhadra without JLR. Sometimes the simple forest rest house offers much more than a JLR
Best regards
Yes, there is a guest house in between the jungles which is completely cut off... it is very nice....dont think it has electricity...
Old 4th March 2009, 12:00   #103
Senior - BHPian

Pilgrimage TRIP around Mangalore

Background: This was due from many years as my mother wanted to visit temples around Mangalore. This time I convinced my family to have one.

Vehicle: Our Blue Alto LXI from BANGALORE - ANKOLA. From ankola Hired Blue Scorpio to visit temples. Our Alto LXI to come back to Bangalore from my parents place.

Time: Dec. 26th 2008 travel from Bangalore to Ankola, 490km and it took 10 hours with lot of breaks via chitradurga - sirsi.

Dec. 28th 2008 start from Ankola at 7AM and roam around Mangalore for 2 days and come back to Ankola by 30th DEC 2008. Distance covered is around 750km. It closted around 5500/- for Scorpio rent/fuel.

Members: Myself and wife and daughter and my parents.

Details: We left Bangalore by 7AM on dec. 26th 2008 and drive was nice in ALto with Michellin tyres absolutely excellant ride.

SUNRISE seen from Magadi road

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1222.jpg

Chitradurga windmills

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1228.jpg

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1231.jpg

Mangalore is 250km away from our native place, having visited that area many times we couldnot visit few temples there. So we decided this time to pay the visit. I wanted to see how it feels travelleing in Diesel vehicle for 3 days especially my daughter and family.

We left Ankola at 7AM on dec. 28th 2008 and our first break is at Kiru Mantralaya near Byndoor. Took Darshan and ate Kotte Idlys we made from home. Thankfully NH17 is relaid and scorpio sailed very smooth in bad stretches as driver( he is owner of that scorpio) did good job in driving.

Many big bridges in NH17
Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1248.jpg

Kiru Mantralaya Near Byndoor
Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1260.jpg

NH17 around Byndoor
Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1266.jpg

Our next stop is Aane Gudde Temple near Kundapura. Very good infrastructure in Mangalore area, very neatly maintained.

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1319.jpg

view while crossing bridges in NH17
Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1324.jpg

We reached Udupi by 12 noon and after visiting Krishan Math and temples we headed to Woodlands for lunch. Quiet ok lunch we enjoyed and then we travelled via manipal - karkala - Beltangadi - Ujjire - Dharmasthala. On the way we visited our relative houses and this helped us to take a break too in between. Very good road all the way!! After completing darshan at Dharmastala and we headed to SUN Rock for night stay which is near Beltangadi.

End of day1. Sorry for less picture as this was family Pilgrimage travel rather than enjoying the TRIP.

Places visited: Kiru Mantralaya, Aane Gudde Temple, Udupi, Dharmashtala.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:23   #104
Senior - BHPian

Day 2 of pilgrimage trip around mangalore

Day 2 we got up at 6AM and had cold water bath as no hot water available in there in early morning. The place we stayed is near Jamalabad Fort. My relative said they arrange guide to trekk that huge HILL. Very nice place although lodge is not so attracting.

Name:  DSCF1353.JPG
Views: 3726
Size:  172.9 KB

We left Beltangadi by 7:30AM after quiet ok breakfast and headed towards Kukke Subramanya via Dharmastala - crossed NH48 which is in horrible state.

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1359.jpg

Road from NH48 to Kukke Subramanya temple is very nice.
Took darshan of the temple within an hour and my daughter enjoyed by blessings of small elphant.

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1392.jpg

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1371.jpg

Its just 10:30AM so we had planty of time to visit Ediyoor Math near Kasargodu. We called the Math and it associates welcomed us as my father know them very well. We travelled via Jalsoor (near sulliya) narrow good road again. Once we enter Kerala road improbved very much all the way it was very good road.

Had very good tasty prasada lunch in Math and took blessings from Shri Shri Ediyoor Math Swamiji and chatted with them for a while. Although they insisted us to stay there for over night as Yakshagana mela was going on but father had urgent work next day in school we decided to start around 3PM. Paid one more respect to Math and we started our journey to Mangalore via Vitla. NH17 via Manjeshwara was blocked due to some local strike so took alternate route.

Now next destination is Kudroli Temple. Around 5:30PM we reached there and its very neatly maintained. Visited all parts of the temple and offered respect and prayer to GOD as usual.

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1399.jpg

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1413.jpg

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1419.jpg

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1433.jpg

We left Mangalore by 7PM and headed towards Hemmadi (near Kundapura )to stay in relative's house.

On the way had dinner in udupi, Kediyoor hotel. Good food.

This time road is improved a lot between mangalore - udupi - kundapura.

This is end of day2.

Places covered: Kukke subramanya, Ediyoor Math, Kudroli Temple.

Ravi.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:28   #105
Senior - BHPian

final part day 3

Day 3 is nothing special just leave from Hemmadi and head back to Ankola. On the way we stopped at Maravante beach.

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1507.jpg

Exploring Karnataka Place after Place - With Pictures-dscf1534.jpg

Because of good planning and local contacts we could visit the places easily and spent valuable time in holy places

May GOD Bless every one!

Ravi.

PS Coming soon my next trip to Kabini River Lodge

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks