Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2023, 10:23   #31
BHPian

Re: Solo & Non-Optimal: Bhigwan and Hampi via Samruddhi Mahamarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Thank you very much!

Thank you very much! Yes Flickr is a great community and over last month or so I am hooked on to that. I love seeing hundreds of amazing pictures every day and interacting with other photographers from all over the world!

Thanks for sharing your Flickr link. Those are some very nice pictures!
Awesome travelogue and some wonderful photos.
Flickr is certainly a great community for people with interest in photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD2021 View Post
Was beginning to miss your travelogues Dr. AD; so was glad to see this one. Commendable, the way you combine business and hobby during your solo drives. Those are lovely sunrise frames that you shot. Flickr is a great community and you will love it there. If you have the time you can go through my albums in Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/114966916@N06/albums

Regards,
Thanks for sharing the flickr link.

Below are the links ( One got filled up, so had to start the 2nd one ) to my flickr profiles.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126650928@N04/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/k_rao/

Last edited by thirugata : 25th January 2023 at 10:24.
thirugata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 07:53   #32
BHPian

Lovely TL Dr AD. Great to see that you were able to make a short trip to Bhigwan.
Winter migration of avians have been impacted across multiple regions in India (primarily due to weather changes etc) and Bhigwan is no exception. Not many Flamigoes and even the raptors havent arrived in great numbers this year.

Wish you had managed to sneak in another couple of days which would have allowed you to do some grassland birding (esp raptops). You can certainly plan one next time around.
Do PM me in case you need any help on this.
ramnath_77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 09:03   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
Awesome travelogue and some wonderful photos.
Flickr is certainly a great community for people with interest in photography.
Thank you very much! Thanks for sharing your Flickr links too. Good to be connected on Flickr now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnath_77 View Post
Lovely TL Dr AD. Great to see that you were able to make a short trip to Bhigwan.
Thank you very much, ramnath_77. And thank you for your Bhigwan travelogues in the first place. Your travelogues made me aware of this place and since then I had decided to visit this. So thanks a ton for your own Bhigwan travelogues!

Quote:
Winter migration of avians have been impacted across multiple regions in India (primarily due to weather changes etc) and Bhigwan is no exception. Not many Flamigoes and even the raptors havent arrived in great numbers this year.
OK that is sad to hear. I was thinking of visiting Bhigwan again in February. But if there are no flamingos, then maybe I should wait for the next yeat.

Quote:
Wish you had managed to sneak in another couple of days which would have allowed you to do some grassland birding (esp raptops). You can certainly plan one next time around.
Do PM me in case you need any help on this.
Thanks. I will DM you the next time. Actually this time too, I could have spent an additional day there (that was my plan too) if I knew what to do there. Unfortunately, the grassland birding trip did not happen because nobody there could tell me anything about it. A couple of birding guides I talked to on phone said no such grassland trips exist, and that there are no sightings of Indian Fox too (something which I remember from your photographs). So although I was keen on exploring sightings of India Fox and grassland raptors, I just could not figure out the way. I will surely DM you the next time. Thank again for your help!
Old 29th January 2023, 09:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
OK that is sad to hear. I was thinking of visiting Bhigwan again in February. But if there are no flamingos, then maybe I should wait for the next yeat.
I had got to see Flamingos in Raichur during my visit in 2018. If your interest is spotting flamingoes this is one place you may consider.
canyons-caves-flamingos (Canyons, Caves & Flamingos)
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed