Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2023, 13:52   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar

The sun had barely risen above the horizon as I revved up my motorcycle and set out on a journey that would take me 800 km away from home, all in the name of breakfast.

The road stretched out ahead of me, winding through valleys and over hills, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation. It was going to be a long ride, but the promise of a delicious meal at the end of it was all the motivation I needed.

In this post, I would like to introduce you to my love for bike riding.

I have always been fascinated by the freedom and adventure that comes with riding a motorcycle, and I am excited to share my experiences and insights with you. I hope to inspire you to embrace your own sense of adventure and explore the world on two wheels.

My friend said, 'You must be absolutely crazy,' when I asked him to join me on the breakfast ride.

Why would someone ride 800KM to have breakfast? It's a biker's thing, you wouldn't understand.

The plan is to start from Chennai as early as possible and reach Yercaud for breakfast, then return to Chennai for lunch.

Leaving Chennai at 4 AM, we aim to arrive at 9:30 AM for breakfast, and then return to Chennai by 2:30 PM or 3 PM at the latest for lunch.

I embarked on my journey at precisely 4:03 AM.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-1.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-2.jpg

For the first stretch of the ride, I maintained a speed of around 80-90 KMPH until the sun began to rise. I made a conscious effort to give myself ample time to settle into the groove of the journey.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-3.jpg

After maintaining a steady pace of 80 KMPH for some time, I decided to pick up the speed and accelerated to 110 KMPH. Eventually, after riding for an extended period, I took a brief break to enjoy a refreshing cup of tea.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-4.jpg

165 KM down, and the clock struck 6:11 AM. This ride is just getting started!

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-5.jpg

32 KMPL, and this bike's just getting warmed up. Let's see how far this baby can take me!

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-6.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-7.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-8.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-9.jpg

As I made my way towards the first pit stop, I found myself covering more ground than I anticipated. Despite my hunger for breakfast, I decided to take a quick break at a local tea stall when my phone started buzzing.

Now, it's 7:40 AM and just 76 Kms stand between me and my next adventure.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-10.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-11.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-12.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-13.jpg

By 8:30 AM, I was on the cusp of ascending Yercaud hill, estimating it would take another 45 minutes to reach the summit. With my sights set on arriving in Yercaud by 9:45 AM, there was no time for distractions. I had my heart set on a delicious breakfast, and nothing would stand in my way.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-14.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-15.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-16.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-17.jpeg

Taking a breather from the wind in my face, I couldn't resist capturing some of the breathtaking scenery along the way. It's time for some epic shots to remember this adventure forever!

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-18.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-19.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-20.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-21.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-22.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-23.jpg

Finally! I made it to breakfast central. Although, I know I still have the long road ahead, it's time to indulge in some well-deserved fuel for the ride back home. Let's hope the food is worth the 800km trip or I might have to make a second trip just to file a complaint.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-24.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-25.jpeg

Alright, time to fuel up with the king of all breakfast foods: a dosa & vada. Let's get this order in and get ready to conquer the rest of the day!

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-26.jpeg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-27.jpeg

That dosa was out of this world! But why stop there? Let's keep this food adventure rolling and take it up a notch with a crispy and fluffy poori. Bring it on, my taste buds are ready for round two!

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-28.jpeg

Hot! That Poori was straight-up delicious, but my taste buds are still begging for more. Time to level up and satisfy my cravings with a plate of piping hot Pongal!

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-29.jpeg

Alright, breakfast was a heavy affair and my stomach was bursting with all the deliciousness. Packed some refreshing juice and water for the journey ahead and headed out, but first, a quick pit stop at my regular hotel room to pick up my Mivi roam speaker that I carelessly left behind on my last visit. With the speaker in hand, I couldn't resist capturing some stunning shots of the nearby surroundings.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-30.jpeg
raptor_diwan is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 14:17   #2
BHPian

An 800 KM Journey for the Best Breakfast in Dominar - Part 2

As a new member, I have read the rule stating that only 30 pictures are allowed per thread. Therefore, I added up to 30 pictures and submitted my thread to continue my travelogue in another thread. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate the previous thread and received a message that it has been submitted for approval, although it is incomplete. I apologize if I have made a mistake as I am still unfamiliar with how to post a long travelogue with more than 30 pictures across two threads.

Please merge this two post sir.

Continuation -

Here are some pictures of the hotel where I stayed. This place is so calm and relaxing.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-31.jpeg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-32.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-33.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-34.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-35.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-36.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-37.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-38.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-39.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-40.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-41.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-43.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-44.jpg

The clock had struck 10:11 AM and I realized it was time to make my way back to Chennai for a scrumptious lunch. The mere thought of the delicious food awaiting me there had my taste buds dancing with excitement!

I can read your minds, folks! Are you wondering whether I'm a daring bike rider or a culinary connoisseur? But why choose one when I can embrace both and live life to the fullest? Mixing thrill-seeking with my love for food is the ultimate recipe for a heart-pumping adventure!

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-45.jpg

Good Mileage Isn't?

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-46.jpg

Embarking on this challenge was always going to be a daunting task. As I navigated through the long and winding highways, I barely felt any fatigue. However, once I reached the hilly terrain, the twists and turns of the road combined with the city ride in Chinna Salem and the highway stretch made this journey a real test of my skills. The ever-changing terrains were the only thing that made this entire ride so challenging!

Oh boy, what's this drowsiness creeping in? Could it be the mouth-watering Pongal I devoured earlier?

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-47.jpg

At the stroke of 11, I realized it was time for a quick break to avoid any potential danger that might arise due to drowsiness while riding. I didn't want to risk my safety or that of others on the road, so I immediately halted and indulged in a cup of hot tea. After washing my face, I made sure I was feeling fit and fine to continue the ride. Despite my eagerness to take on this challenge, I was also prepared to cancel it if I wasn't feeling well. After all, this was not merely a task to be accomplished, but an opportunity to revel in the joy of riding and exploring the world around me.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-48.jpg

12:59 PM and I was cruising along the highway, almost reaching my destination as I had expected. I had anticipated a smooth ride without any traffic post my pit stop at Chengalpattu, but the road can be unpredictable at times.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-49.jpg

It was 1:14 PM, and I still had 131 Km left to reach home. With less than two hours left to make it there, the pressure was mounting. Exhausted and feeling dizzy, the scorching sun only added to my woes. Nevertheless, I had resolved to push through without taking any pit stops.

After clicking some memorable pictures and washing my face, I energized myself with a refreshing glass of juice and water, and then kicked off the final leg of my journey back home.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-50.jpg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-51.jpg

The traffic on the highway was heavier than I expected, and I started to worry if I would make it back to Chennai on time. However, after one last fuel stop, I pushed through without any further stops, and finally, I made it home!

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-52.jpeg

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-53.jpg

It was a great relief to finally arrive at my doorstep at exactly 3 o'clock, feeling exhausted yet satisfied that I had successfully completed this challenging ride.

I had faith that this ride wouldn't be too challenging, and I was right.

My trusty machine, the remarkable Dominar, performed impeccably throughout the journey. It rode flawlessly, taking on everything I threw at it with ease, from unexpected potholes to unforgiving speed breakers. It never once gave me any trouble in the entire 800+ km ride, and I was pleasantly surprised to not even experience any back pain.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-54.jpeg

Who knew that a Home lunch could have the power to summon me back to Chennai like a superhero being called into action? But that's exactly what happened! The food was so delicious and satisfying that I couldn't resist making the trip back. I guess you could say my taste buds are my kryptonite!

Well folks, that's a wrap on this wild ride! I hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I did.

Thanks for joining me on this adventure, and until next time, stay cool, stay hungry, and stay tuned for more epic tales of two-wheeling and stomach-filling!

------------

Dear Moderator,

As a new member, I am unable to locate the previous thread and received a message that it has been submitted for approval, although it is incomplete. I apologize if I have made a mistake as I am still unfamiliar with how to post a long travelogue with more than 30 pictures across two threads. Kindly merge this with the previous one.

Thanks in advance.
raptor_diwan is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 16:06   #3
BHPian

Re: An 800 KM Journey for the Best Breakfast in Dominar - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
As a new member, I have read the rule stating that only 30 pictures are allowed per thread. Therefore, I added up to 30 pictures and submitted my thread to continue my travelogue in another thread. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate the previous thread and received a message that it has been submitted for approval, although it is incomplete. I apologize if I have made a mistake as I am still unfamiliar with how to post a long travelogue with more than 30 pictures across two threads.

------------

Dear Moderator,

As a new member, I am unable to locate the previous thread and received a message that it has been submitted for approval, although it is incomplete. I apologize if I have made a mistake as I am still unfamiliar with how to post a long travelogue with more than 30 pictures across two threads. Kindly merge this with the previous one.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to Team-BHP. Nice travelogue.

You can also click on the icon " bottom lefthand side" which leads to report post window, to get early replies from moderators.

It is 30 pictures per post not per thread. So you can have n number of pictures in a thread. Please go through the below link.

(Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)Link

Last edited by Vasuki : 20th February 2023 at 16:09.
Vasuki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 16:56   #4
BHPian

Re: An 800 KM Journey for the Best Breakfast in Dominar - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP. Nice travelogue.

You can also click on the icon " bottom lefthand side" which leads to report post window, to get early replies from moderators.

It is 30 pictures per post not per thread. So you can have n number of pictures in a thread. Please go through the below link.

(Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)Link
Thanks a ton, Vasuki! Your warm welcome and clarification regarding the pictures are much appreciated!
Old 22nd February 2023, 09:26   #5
BHPian

Re: An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar

Let's be honest, you only went on the trip to retrieve that missing speaker, didn't you?

Jokes apart, that was a succinct and witty way of penning down experiences. Foodie + biker = daring combo; I personally wouldn't dare experiment too much on a long ride, bad memories *shudders*.

Nice pictures, try taking some 3/4th shots or side shots of the bike too, to bring out that glorious green color. It would have been my color of choice if I'd picked up the Dominar 400. Here's to more reading travelogues from you -

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd February 2023 at 10:51. Reason: As requested
TheHelix0202 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 09:42   #6
BHPian

How's the Dominar 400?
Planning to get one by July or August.
I am a CA Aspirant by the way!
My daily travel is of 30-35 kms.
Planning to ride more to nearby places like Ooty, Kodaikanal, Kerala and many more...
YashOjha15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 09:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
My friend said, 'You must be absolutely crazy,' when I asked him to join me on the breakfast ride.

Why would someone ride 800KM to have breakfast? It's a biker's thing, you wouldn't understand.
Personally I think it's quite normal for any biker; I once rode Chennai to Nallathambi hotel Kolli hills {back then it was hotel, not resort} for breakfast in 2011; and in 2021, Son & I rode to Davangere for breakfast ride. These are somethings only bikers & few motorheads can understand, it's not a cup of Coffee for all.

I'm glad you did that solo which is a true biker spirit
aargee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 10:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Let's be honest, you only went on the trip to retrieve that missing speaker, didn't you?

Jokes apart, that was a succinct and witty way of penning down experiences. Foodie + biker = daring combo; I personally wouldn't dare experiment too much on a long ride, bad memories *shudders*.

Nice pictures, try taking some 3/4th shots or side shots of the bike too, to bring out that glorious green color. It would have been my color of choice if I'd picked up the Dominar 400. Here's to more reading more travelogues from you -
Well, the speaker had some compelling arguments, but let's be real, the thought of a scrumptious breakfast waiting for me at the end of the ride was the real MVP. Nothing motivates me quite like the promise of crispy Dosa and fluffy Vada.

Thank you, I will definitely try taking such shots in the future.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 10:42   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashOjha15 View Post
How's the Dominar 400?
Planning to get one by July or August.
I am a CA Aspirant by the way!
My daily travel is of 30-35 kms.
Planning to ride more to nearby places like Ooty, Kodaikanal, Kerala and many more...
Dominar is perfect for long rides, with no complaints or breakdowns so far. It's stable and comfortable on the highway. However, in the city, you may have to shift gears frequently and maneuvering can be a bit challenging. But overall, it's a great ride.

Congratulations on your decision to buy a Dominar! I'm sure you'll enjoy
raptor_diwan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 10:43   #10
BHPian

Those were the days when solo rides were done for breakfast, lunch and even coffee. I remember rides from chennai to sirkazhi for sea food lunch. Chennai to Bangalore once was done for kfc chicken when they launched in Bengaluru. Memories!! Your bike looks lovely
rajeevsulu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 10:51   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Personally I think it's quite normal for any biker; I once rode Chennai to Nallathambi hotel Kolli hills {back then it was hotel, not resort} for breakfast in 2011; and in 2021, Son & I rode to Davangere for breakfast ride. These are somethings only bikers & few motorheads can understand, it's not a cup of Coffee for all.

I'm glad you did that solo which is a true biker spirit
I read your Davangere travelogue, and it was fantastic! The pictures were amazing too.

Thank you for your kind words! Riding solo can be a unique and rewarding experience, and it's nice to know that others appreciate that aspect of the biker spirit.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:10   #12
BHPian

That's an amazing ride !
Like you said, non bikers would never get the logic of this ride

While studying in Chennai for my CA course,I'd always wanted to do a Surise-Sunset ride.
I.e: Watch the Sunrise at Chennai(East coast) and ride 700 Kms all the way to my hometown of Mangalore and catch the sunset on the west coast .

Left Chennai early in the morning, stopped at Bangalore for brunch at a relatives place, and they never let me leave that day.
Gone were my plans.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-ride-back-chennai.jpeg

Left early to Mangalore the next day, but my bike started sputtering and just stopped 20kms away from home. Loaded the bike on a cargo vehicle and took a bus for the rest of the way home.

An 800-KM journey for the best breakfast on a Dominar-bike-loaded.jpeg

Thus ended my dream of that ride.
SRISRI_90 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:27   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Those were the days when solo rides were done for breakfast, lunch and even coffee. I remember rides from chennai to sirkazhi for sea food lunch. Chennai to Bangalore once was done for kfc chicken when they launched in Bengaluru. Memories!! Your bike looks lovely
Thank you!! I'm glad to see that there are others who share the same spirit as me. Hopefully, this write-up will remind others of their own memorable rides and cherish the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRISRI_90 View Post
That's an amazing ride !

While studying in Chennai for my CA course,I'd always wanted to do a Surise-Sunset ride.
I.e: Watch the Sunrise at Chennai(East coast) and ride 700 Kms all the way to my hometown of Mangalore and catch the sunset on the west coast .

Left Chennai early in the morning, stopped at Bangalore for brunch at a relatives place, and they never let me leave that day.
Gone were my plans.

Left early to Mangalore the next day, but my bike started sputtering and just stopped 20kms away from home. Loaded the bike on a cargo vehicle and took a bus for the rest of the way home.

Thus ended my dream of that ride.
No way! Doing a sunrise and sunset ride on the same day is something I've always wanted to do. I'm sorry to hear that your plan didn't work out,

But spending time with relatives is always a great alternative. Plus, it sounds like they may have prevented you from having a breakdown on the same day, which could have ended up worse if you were feeling fatigued and overwhelmed. Even though you experienced a breakdown the next day, it was only 20km, and you were energetic enough to handle the situation well. Don't worry, you can always try again another day. Keep your spirits up!
raptor_diwan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 12:34   #14
BHPian

Nobody will understand these rides - not an IronButt challenge but not your typical wham bam thank you bike kind of rides. I had to do one when I left my Bose neckband in a hotel in Pondicherry and one of my colleagues on that trip had taken it to Chennai without his knowing - I couldn't ignore it as it was expensive and the music was unreal on that - worked as a noise cancellation on my rides too! But got cancelled as it would be too strenuous on my then V15 - waiting for a fast bike to do such a ride. My Himmy is too slow and not that nimble for these speed runs.
100Kmphormore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 13:18   #15
KPR
BANNED

All the best, great ride and ride safe. I've been an ultra long hauler in cars. But the same on bike? No way. I can ride in hills, two laned SH roads that makes riding engaging. But on 4 laned toll roads on a bike? I get bored easily.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed