Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2023, 21:42   #31
BHPian

Re: Trek Report: My solo trekking adventure to Mardi Himal in Nepal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Bus journeys in Nepal are equally dangerous. Road conditions in most areas are quite poor. .
I agree with this. If you choose an ordinary local bus, then yes, you compromise on comfort and, more importantly, safety. But if you choose reputable tourist agency buses like the one I took from KTM-PKR, you will have a safe and comfortable journey. Sharing my experience below (no promotion intended)
Having had a poor experience on the car ride from KTM-PKR while returning to KTM, I was looking for a tourist bus ride to have a positive experience leaving. While sightseeing in PKR(expect a travelogue soon), I saw some friendly tourist buses from Swift Travels. I asked some local friends, and almost everyone suggested Swift itself. Some of them preferred Greenline. The day before leaving, I went for a night ride and spotted a Tourist bus depo. I went inside and saw a Swift Travels booking office in sight, visited and enquired about the bus, rates, etc. Since the bus was in the depo, they showed me the sofa bus, which had seats in a 2+1 layout. The seats were sofa cushion seats and looked very comfy. I wonder if any Indian bus operator has such seats.

The interior (sorry for the poor quality pics)
Trek Report: My solo trekking adventure to Mardi Himal in Nepal-swift-bus.jpg

Trek Report: My solo trekking adventure to Mardi Himal in Nepal-sw2.jpg.

I booked a seat for that bus costing 1500 NPR. Seater bus options are costing 1100 NPR.

It leaves at around 7:30 from Pokhara and reaches Kathmandu at 4ish. Overall worth 950 INR

Sharing their contact details just in case anyone wants it.
Trek Report: My solo trekking adventure to Mardi Himal in Nepal-s1.jpg

Trek Report: My solo trekking adventure to Mardi Himal in Nepal-sw.jpg

Last edited by the_bat : 2nd May 2023 at 21:50. Reason: .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks