Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 20:01   #1
BHPian

A fine Saturday at Srisailam

Hi All,

Neither am I a good writer nor very expressive, and writing anything like this for the first time so please bear and add 'feelings' to it on your own .

I was very much fed up of the day to day work and all the slogging at office and really wanted to spend a nice time in almighty nature's shadow.
I was desparately waiting to grab the opportunity but all in vain as sometimes I could not get a companion and the other day I had to jerk off my plans due to rains.

One Friday suddenly one of my colleague uttered how pleasing it will be to have a long drive to Srisailam as the weekend approaches and weather in Hyderabad was pretty cool. I just picked up this and gathered 4 more friends, finalized the plan for saturday keeping sunday in buffer if required and also considering the rest we would require after saturday's journey.

Me and my red cutie (read Wagon R here) both were quite charged up, she was already raring to go, and showed her interests on the eve of the journey date itself when she dared to overcome the steep slope of whitefields in 3rd gear with 5 people on board A/C on !!!!...I love my red cutie..

Planned to start at 5.30 in the morning and eventually ended up leaving Hyderabad for the trip at 7.40 AM (at Dilsukh Nagar), In the mean while, I picked up 4 other colleagues of mine from different places in Hyderabad( In short red cutie enjoyed 'Hyderabad Darshan' ), had tea along with them and pushed ourselves into the Sagar road. The weather was pleasant and all were in full mood to enjoy the nature and the lush green surroundings. It takes some time to get out of the city as first time I felt that Hyderabad indeed is quite spread over. But once you get out of the city, the drive is a fun. Roads are good if not excellent, but there are very few bad patches which can be easily countered and most of the bad patches are harmless due to low traffic density. Reached to Dindi dam at 9.20 and spent some time there.

From Dindi to Srisailam it was an excellent drive, not just because of roads but the surrounding is lush green and you will find many of our ancestors in ample (read monkeys here). The dense forest around us gives a sensual tickle to our nerves. Everything was so exotic and plainly magnificent.

We reached to Srisailam at approximately 12.30 PM (as we took many breaks in between, especially in the ghat section to click some snaps of the beauty and near the tiger reserve. In between, we had also stopped a while at the Hydro electricity generation plant and the dam. Unfortunately gates were closed).

Completed the darshan and started for the panchdhaara waterfall. It was a great scene at the waterfall. People dared to have a bath beneath and the erotic sound of falling water was like a pleasant whistle ringing in ears. Visited few more temples around Srisailam and got back to our return journey. That was a real fun as by now it had started raining madly and we all were completely wet inside the car, the visibility was too low and fog everywhere, we were in hurry to cross the ghat section before it gets dark. I was driving very cautiously and we all were like sharing each other's love / infatuation / flirts stories. all in all, it was a great fun, at the same time we had got tired due to the exertion and overexhaustion.
Finally after facing the cumbersome task of manoevuring through Hyderabad traffic in the peak time, we reached at 9 PM to home...sweet home...had some cheers: not to mention !!!!

Some Do's and Dont's
1) Do not plan for any liquor or alcoholic / drugs etc material along with you as it is not allowed in Srisailam and also its not a good idea anyways.
2) Drive safely and enjoy the nature. If you drive dead slow, you will be able to avoid fatigue and at the same time, will be able to enjoy the surrounding while driving too.
3) Roads are good. There are few excellent patches where you can really make up the time. So don't worry about the bad ones. They come and pass by.
4) Starting early is the key. Start as early as possible and try to take a halt or break only after leaving the city limits.
5) While coming back, avoid the Koti road and plan for uppal tarnaka begumpet road.

Note : I am new to this forum. This is my first travelogue and not sure why the snaps are of so small size ..Moderators please guide me on posting images.
Old 16th July 2007, 22:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice start to this wonderful forum.... Hopefully some more interesting stuffs will follow... Enjoy !!!
While uploading the pics please choose the size 800 * 600 (click on resize) that should work....

Abhi
Old 16th July 2007, 22:22   #3
BHPian

Nice trip and writeup.. how about adding some more pictures?
Old 16th July 2007, 22:28   #4
BHPian

Grandway to start your stay at Team-Bhp. Very Nice travelogue. More pictures would complement well, expecting soon. Incidentally, I also planned srisailam trip on Saturday in my Cutie (Red WagonR), but could not do as my wife was not ready. Thinking of going at least coming Saturday. This time, I will do on my Zma, if my wife opts out.
Old 16th July 2007, 22:41   #5
Team-BHP Support

Nice way to enter team-bhp family.

me too have a WagonR.
Old 18th July 2007, 19:42   #6
BHPian

Hey dude...whn did you go.. was it on 14 July ? if yes then even we guys went to Srisailam but the gates were opened it was lovely scene...Priceless.
Old 18th July 2007, 23:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Lovely launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforsarang View Post
Hi All,
Planned to start at 5.30 in the morning and eventually ended up leaving Hyderabad for the trip at 7.40 AM (at Dilsukh Nagar)
This has happened so many times, makes it futile effort to plan.

Quote:
, In the mean while, I picked up 4 other colleagues of mine from different places in Hyderabad( In short red cutie enjoyed 'Hyderabad Darshan' ),
Those initial kilometers trying to leave the city limits are so frustrating especially when you have to brake to stop behind a car in front of you, when both you and your car dont want to stop in anticipation of the times ahead.

Quote:
you will find many of our ancestors
Not mine, sure.

Quote:
If you drive dead slow, you will be able to avoid fatigue and at the same time, will be able to enjoy the surrounding while driving too.
If that was the idea, one could employ the services of a "driver" and enjoy the surrounding.
Old 19th July 2007, 13:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey sforsarang,
Congrats on your new car and first travelogue. I too own a WagonR for the past 6 years. I also have a new Fiesta, and travelled to Srisailam last month---pl visit my travelogue.
I did overtake couple of WagonRs (both red) in the ghat section on the return journey, but could not be yours as my trip was in June.

Most Viewed