Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2023, 18:58   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Dieselhead Dream: Mumbai to Kerala in a Mercedes E280 CDI (W211)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cefiljoseph View Post
Thank you. Why another 156 kms?
The odo reading would have been 123456 km.
Gannu_1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 19:58   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

@cefiljoseph
Well Done!
What a lovely car!
Nice write up and wishing you many more happy (s) miles!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 22:13   #18
BHPian

That's a super brilliant car you have there. One of the best W211 i.e. the facelift and one heck of an engine. There is a very famous mechanic in Trissur who services these cars at a very reasonable rate. Not sure if you have seen it. Seems he was working in Rajasree Motors and is pretty experienced. Now his garage looks very old school and not fancy but all the big shots send their cars to him due to his experience.
Are you also changing the registration to Kerala? What would be the cost for that?
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 22:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The odo reading would have been 123456 km.
Wow, thank you for pointing that out. Fortunately or unfortunately, our W211 has crossed that mileage as of now since everyone at home takes the W211 when going out

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
That's a super brilliant car you have there. One of the best W211 i.e. the facelift and one heck of an engine. There is a very famous mechanic in Trissur who services these cars at a very reasonable rate. Not sure if you have seen it. Seems he was working in Rajasree Motors and is pretty experienced. Now his garage looks very old school and not fancy but all the big shots send their cars to him due to his experience.
Are you also changing the registration to Kerala? What would be the cost for that?
Hi,
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I have heard about him if you are referring to Mr. Anto. He is lovingly called "Benz Anto" in Thrissur. I don't have any firsthand experience with him or got any recommendations from contacts. I was not aware that he used to work with Rajashree Motors. Thank you for that information. If anyone has firsthand experience with him please do comment.

Found a YouTube video (in Malayalam) on his workshop -

Regarding the registration, we can use the car here for 6 months. Beyond that, the car would need to go back to its home state and return. Therefore, I think it's prudent to change the registration to KL. Currently the car has completed 15 years and we had re-registered it in Mumbai. Green tax was paid as well. My understanding is that changing the registration to KL would cost about 20k which is way cheaper than driving to Mumbai and back every six months. Hence, it makes sense to change the registration to KL.

Thank you once again for reading and commenting your thoughts. Appreciate it.

Cheers

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th April 2023 at 23:46. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
cefiljoseph is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 18:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cefiljoseph View Post
Wow, thank you for pointing that out. Fortunately or unfortunately, our W211 has crossed that mileage as of now since everyone at home takes the W211 when going out

Yes, I have heard about him if you are referring to Mr. Anto. He is lovingly called "Benz Anto" in Thrissur.

My understanding is that changing the registration to KL would cost about 20k which is way cheaper than driving to Mumbai and back every six months. Hence, it makes sense to change the registration to KL.

Cheers
Yup.That's him alright. I don't have any personal experience as well but I did ask my friend who is in Trissur about him. Just incase I need to get my car to him for any reason but I stay at Kochi which might be a bit far too much to travel. But good to know anyway.

Have a question on the stereo (since it's the pre-command days which in a way is actually good). I believe it has the Bluetooth for phone calls but not for streaming audio from the phone? Does it then have the aux and power port close by each other (so that he can connect a Bluetooth converter)? A friend is looking for the same model but wasn't sure about this.

Btw I was curious on the pollution test image you shared. The permitted value what you got from the test taken from Mumbai was shown 2.45 while here in Kochi I see that as 1.6 (attached the pic of the test I took few days back). Is it due to the engine size (220 CDI vs 280 CDI) or anything else?
Attached Thumbnails
Dieselhead Dream: Mumbai to Kerala in a Mercedes E280 CDI (W211)-screenshot-20230414-181323.jpg  

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 14th April 2023 at 18:21.
Old 14th April 2023, 19:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Yup.That's him alright. I don't have any personal experience as well but I did ask my friend who is in Trissur about him. Just incase I need to get my car to him for any reason but I stay at Kochi which might be a bit far too much to travel. But good to know anyway.

Have a question on the stereo (since it's the pre-command days which in a way is actually good). I believe it has the Bluetooth for phone calls but not for streaming audio from the phone? Does it then have the aux and power port close by each other (so that he can connect a Bluetooth converter)? A friend is looking for the same model but wasn't sure about this.

Btw I was curious on the pollution test image you shared. The permitted value what you got from the test taken from Mumbai was shown 2.45 while here in Kochi I see that as 1.6 (attached the pic of the test I took few days back). Is it due to the engine size (220 CDI vs 280 CDI) or anything else?
Yes it has Bluetooth for connectivity for calls only. Unfortunately the previous owner did mess up with it trying to connect a third party transmitter to have Bluetooth audio. This is only fault with my particular example. Once we got the car I disconnected it. For audio and calling I added a Portronics Bluetooth FM transmitter which is plugged in the 12volt socket. It works like a charm. I had done the same in my corolla as well. It’s better to not tamper with the stock stereo. The speakers are brilliant so it works perfectly. Haven’t checked if there’s an auxiliary port since its of no use with current smartphones. But yeah, it’s best to get the model without command because a basic radio remains the same but an old screen becomes almost instantly obsolete.

Regarding the pollution certificate I think it might be because of the model variation.
cefiljoseph is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 09:57   #22
BHPian

Enjoyed the writeup more than I can convey. Lovely looking merc. This car truly makes these long cruises a piece of cake.
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 16:04   #23
BHPian

Wonderful write up. Its really a beautiful Germán sedan. I've always fancied one of these old school low slung long German's. Hope to find a good example when I decide to buy one.

All the best and safe miles.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 19:57   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Wonderful write up. Its really a beautiful Germán sedan. I've always fancied one of these old school low slung long German's. Hope to find a good example when I decide to buy one.

All the best and safe miles.

Thank you for taking the time to read and the wishes. All the best and I am sure you can achieve your dream of owning one of these!!
Old 5th June 2023, 12:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
There is a very famous mechanic in Trissur who services these cars at a very reasonable rate. Not sure if you have seen it. Seems he was working in Rajasree Motors and is pretty experienced. Now his garage looks very old school and not fancy but all the big shots send their cars to him due to his experience.
Hi, Rosh. Would it be possible to get his contact details? I need to get an issue looked at for my Jeep Compass, but the Jeep Hyson Thrissur service Center seems to be heavily understaffed since a fire took down their buildings a few months back.

Update: Got his contact number from the YouTube video linked by cefiljoseph

Last edited by di1in : 5th June 2023 at 12:58.
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 00:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Hi, Rosh. Would it be possible to get his contact details? I need to get an issue looked at for my Jeep Compass, but the Jeep Hyson Thrissur service Center seems to be heavily understaffed since a fire took down their buildings a few months back.

Update: Got his contact number from the YouTube video linked by cefiljoseph
Hi,

Recently, I have heard mixed opinions about this place. Please do consider alternatives and do due diligence before finalising him. You can also consider Infinity Autodynamik in Thrissur.

Wishing you happy miles

Best Regards,
cefiljoseph is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 14:10   #27
BHPian

Hi - Great thread. I am looking to buy a 2006 W211 - same colour as this one. Almost closed the deal.

Couple of questions...
1. What has been your service schedule/cost like since you purchased the car?
2. What FE are you getting - in the city and on the highway?
3. Did you do any changes to the interior? I find that the leather seats wear off and am wondering whether to change the seats.
AutoB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 15:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoB View Post
Hi - Great thread. I am looking to buy a 2006 W211 - same colour as this one. Almost closed the deal.

Couple of questions...
many congratulations and I have answered all your questions here in this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...den-fruit.html (15-year old Mercedes E280 CDI W211 Review | Buying & Ownership | Curiosity meets the forbidden fruit)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks