Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2023, 18:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Kerala to Pune non-stop in a VW Tiguan 2.0 TDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
One amazing drive that was! Tiguan sure is a fantastic cruiser. Space, Luxury and Power !

You choice of locations and roads were also amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy_1998 View Post
The Tiguan 2.0 TDI is a rare car to see on the road. I actually prefer the exterior styling of this model compared to the existing one. The rear taillamps always attract a second look.

Great travelogue. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you very much for sharing.
Thank you so much. The Tiguan is a rare breed of all the best in class features in an understated design. You absolutely do not experience any kind of fatigue on the driver’s and the passengers’ side. The nvh levels being a diesel are lower than most of the other cars of its engine specs. The exterior design is really timeless as it is not ageing that fast. The more I look at its rear, the more I fall in love with it again.

Kerala to Pune non-stop in a VW Tiguan 2.0 TDi-20181219_164620_original.jpeg

Kerala to Pune non-stop in a VW Tiguan 2.0 TDi-20200117_184041_original.jpeg

Kerala to Pune non-stop in a VW Tiguan 2.0 TDi-img_5867_original.jpeg

Kerala to Pune non-stop in a VW Tiguan 2.0 TDi-img_5029_original.jpeg

Kerala to Pune non-stop in a VW Tiguan 2.0 TDi-20200914_205448_original.jpeg

Name:  trim.8B82A809867541858961DACC7D015A19.gif
Views: 318
Size:  6.58 MB
amayjoshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 23:00   #17
BHPian

Dear Amay,
Great pics and review. Tiguan is a great vehicle. We did a trip through the same route last year in our Allspace. The roads from Calicut to Kerala Karnataka border were under reconstruction. The second-row passengers were not very comfortable. Did you by any chance travel through broken roads with the second-row passengers? If so, what were their comfort levels?

Regards
Old 22nd May 2023, 13:30   #18
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of this. Do trim the quoted post also. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Nice travelogue and these journeys really test the patience in you. During peak covid time,
====
Overall trip average was 18.5 kmpl
Jazz/Brio no doubt were excellent cars of their time, ahead in engine refinement.
Have you still kept it did you sell it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
After weeks of test driving multiple brand cars
=====
Many more happy miles man
Tiagun with its better power to weight ratio is faster than my diesel tiguan. hardly can beat these new versions of vws. Only sore thing I heard from my dear friend who has 1.5tsi, says the driver’s seat could use more lumbar support options, as he is above 6ft he feels uncomfortable after 200plus km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr ST View Post
Dear Amay,
Great pics and review. Tiguan is a great vehicle.
=====
If so, what were their comfort levels?

Regards
Only concern is the stiffer suspension. Thats why its handling is much better at higher speeds in corners. The all haldex here automatically kicks in automatically to switch to 4wd whenever needed.

Now the stiffer suspension and 18in gives you that Thud and sudden bottom out feeling. Not uncomfortable though. As I have told myself this to be a performance oriented car rather than comfortable.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd May 2023 at 13:49. Reason: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of this. Thanks.
amayjoshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 10:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayjoshi View Post

Jazz/Brio no doubt were excellent cars of their time, ahead in engine refinement.
Have you still kept it did you sell it?
I moved to US last Jan and I sold my year old Seltos diesel AT gt line before leaving. I plan to kept jazz auto for long term. Meanwhile I got Lexus Nx350h in US and enjoying my long rides here
Old 27th May 2023, 15:48   #20
BHPian

Hi amayjoshi

Thanks for sharing your nice travelogue stuffed with some stunning pics. Enjoyed your journey, tastefully briefed by you.

It's invariably reminded my last year trip through the same terrain in my 1.8 TSI Octavia.
We took the same route via Yallapur, Gokarna, Murudeshwar, Udupi to halt finally at Kasargod, covering 720 kms in a day. And then headed to Chennai via Madikeri, Bengaluru the next day.

Long journeys in any VAG car is just an another level of experience & you keep learning lot of things throughout such long drives.

Thanks again
Old 28th May 2023, 20:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Hi amayjoshi

Thanks for sharing your nice travelogue stuffed with some stunning pics. Enjoyed your journey, tastefully briefed by you.

It's invariably reminded my last year trip through the same terrain in my 1.8 TSI Octavia.
We took the same route via Yallapur, Gokarna, Murudeshwar, Udupi to halt finally at Kasargod, covering 720 kms in a day. And then headed to Chennai via Madikeri, Bengaluru the next day.

Long journeys in any VAG car is just an another level of experience & you keep learning lot of things throughout such long drives.

Thanks again
Thank you for your encouragement on my first written travelogue. As you correctly said, you are filled with the next level of confidence when you drive such long runs in VWs. I'm sure your 1.8 TSI is an underrated gem that's super refined and powerful, especially in ghat sections while climbing up. I felt its diesel power in the beautiful Yellapur ghats. There you can make most of the manual modes or paddle shifters. VWs always surprise us with their features and performance in between such drives. And my 2.0 TDI is a rare, hard to find breed that's extinct now, left with more and more admirers.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd June 2023 at 04:40. Reason: Spelling, capitalisation, punctuation, grammar, etc.

Most Viewed