Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2023, 19:26   #1
BHPian

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-thoseghar.png

Gurpratap and I had been itching to do this day ride for a while and heard much about this slice of paradise just off our usual Sunday rides. And so, the day arrived last Sunday on 4th June and we began the ride at 05.30H.

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0005.jpg

After crossing through the straights from Umraj, we suddenly came upon the ghats and these vistas.

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0006.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0007.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0009.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0010.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0011.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0012.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0014.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0015.jpg

The Windmill View Point was a little ahead and we were mesmerized by the sheer number of windmills that seemed to tower over us in the hundreds.

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0016.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0019.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0020.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0023.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0024.jpg

Breakfast was a little late at around 10.30H which was amidst a rustic roadside eatery. We ate with gusto the delicious omelet pao, chai and also the Tang that Gurpratap toted from his home in Pune.

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0025.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0027.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0028.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0029.jpg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0022.jpg

Urmodi Project. The Koyna River flows besides this water body.

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img20230608wa0018.jpg

We reached home at 13.00H in time for lunch. It is these kind of rides to places like Thoseghar that make you feel as if you had gone for a long ride to the hills spanning a few days. It is these kind of rides, that you reminisce over in the week ahead and bring a smile to your face. It is these kind of rides, that makes the world a happier place.

Last edited by graaja : 8th June 2023 at 21:15. Reason: Fixing attachment problem
AKSO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 20:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills

Mod note: Thread moved to Travelogues. Thanks for sharing.
Rudra Sen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 20:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Lovely route and great crisp travelogue of your trip. On a recent trip to Pune (sometime in the last one year), I had driven my Jeep onward to Thoseghar (waterfalls) and Chalkewadi (windmills). Since we were in a car, we had also walked a little bit down to the Thoseghar waterfalls. With a bike (and in riding gear) I guess it complicates that stopover to the falls. Trip posted here on my Jeep thread.

On the food front, Manas is a great pit stop for lunch if you like your mutton. Somewhere closer to Satara town.

This entire area is absolutely beautiful. The entire stretch around Koyna river and wider has such exquisitely beautiful driving options, both for bikes and cars. Some of the road sections also are an absolute delight. Look forward to more of your journeys being chronicled here. Always a great read.

Cheers.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 21:26   #4
BHPian

This area is wonderful. Devoid of tourists. Next time do explore the trails around windmills. This is like my backyard being my native. Post monsoons this area is heavenly.

Don't want to hijack your wonderful thread but can't resist posting few pictures. Please don't mind

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img_20181110_08162301.jpeg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img_20181110_08240801.jpeg

Ride to Thoseghar: A Ninja, A Ducati and a Hundred Windmills-img_20181110_082523.jpg
Dodge_Viper is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 10:22   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Your thread is on our homepage today, AKSO! Thanks for sharing.

Moving it to the big bikes forum so that our motorcycling enthusiasts don't miss it.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 18:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Lovely route and great crisp travelogue of your trip. On a recent trip to Pune (sometime in the last one year), I had driven my Jeep onward to Thoseghar (waterfalls) and Chalkewadi (windmills). Since we were in a car, we had also walked a little bit down to the Thoseghar waterfalls. With a bike (and in riding gear) I guess it complicates that stopover to the falls. Trip posted here on my Jeep thread.

On the food front, Manas is a great pit stop for lunch if you like your mutton. Somewhere closer to Satara town.

This entire area is absolutely beautiful. The entire stretch around Koyna river and wider has such exquisitely beautiful driving options, both for bikes and cars. Some of the road sections also are an absolute delight. Look forward to more of your journeys being chronicled here. Always a great read.

Cheers.
Thanks for your words of encouragement and appreciation. Your thread to Thoseghar was wonderful to go through and brought back memories of my ride. I hope the roads around Thoseghar weather the monsoon and are as much fun during winter.

I shall positively keep in mind "Manas", in fact I think we passed by the restaurant, but it was too early to stop for a meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
This area is wonderful. Devoid of tourists. Next time do explore the trails around windmills. This is like my backyard being my native. Post monsoons this area is heavenly.

Don't want to hijack your wonderful thread but can't resist posting few pictures. Please don't mind
I don't mind at all and thank you for sharing your pictures. May I mention here that the colors of your bike blend in so well against the backdrop of the grass and plains.

As mentioned earlier, should the roads weather the monsoon, I will definitely plan to ride here again.

I am sharing a short ride I pulled to Tamhini ghat the weekend after the Thoseghar ride. I hope you enjoy it and subscribe to my channel.

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th June 2023 at 19:26. Reason: Merging multiple back to back posts.
AKSO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks