Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 20:07   #1
BHPian

One Day Adventure Trip to Ramnagaram(Gabbar's Den).

Sholey shooting was held on this location

Eventhough the trip was a company sponsored trip for our product team and not a trip done by me individually, I can't resist posting the details of the trip. I hope TBHPIans can plan for next Bangalore meet to this place. Its really fun doing these activities.
Trip Hosted by "VENTURE ADVENTURES club, Mysore Road, Ramnagaram (Bangalore)".

Minimum Participants should be - 25
Maximum can be - 100

These people have all equipments/gadets and trained staff to take care of people coming for adventure activities.

cheers

GD

Activities:
Breakfast
Play football, Voleyball,cricket etc..
Trekking
Monkey Crawling
Rock Climbing
Lunch
Rappling
Chimney Climbing
Group games if time permits
Bonfire & loud Music
Dinner

Since this trip was planned for last friday( 27th July), I had no option but to go by my Car because I was supposed to return back early. Started from homeat 8.15am , took "NICE corrider" to reach Mysore road and reached the destination at 9.00am. Rest of our team reached there by 3 different buses. Had breakfast and played voleyball for some time until all the people arrived.
Once everybody assembled, the coordinator of the trip briefed us about the activities and safety measures to be taken.Divided the team (70 people) in 3 teams and started having fun

I will post pictures to do the rest of the talking.

Parked my car after reaching

Tightening the rope for monkey crawling

Me - Upside down

Posing for the photo

Trekking up the mountain

Rappling Rocky mountain - This was really fun

Myself rappling down

Chiminey climbing - Most difficult and tiring

Chimney climbing - View from the top

Evening Bonfire & Music

I will highly recommend this adventure trip to people wanting to take break from the regular activties.

cheers
GD
Old 30th July 2007, 20:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey nice snaps there Greatdrive, must go sometime, always wondered what the interior of Ramanagaram lookslike while passing by.
Old 30th July 2007, 20:22   #3
BHPian

Nice pictures, looks like you had a lot of fun.
Did you manage to bump into any Basanti's ? :P
Old 30th July 2007, 20:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey nice drive GD, Is this the Gabbar's hill which we see from SH17 just before entering Ramanagaram...

Whenever I watch Sholay, it is that Yeh Dosti song which was sung on the road infront of Big banyan tree....The other day I bumped into the film Raja Hindustani, that first song was sung on the Mysore Road (our old 2 laned beauty road) also I felt some part of the song was also shot on the Nanjangud - Gundlupet stretch as well....

Mard and Toofan were fully shot in Talakkad, Shivasamudram...It was also nice to see Govinda dancing for Mein to Raste se ja raha tha in front of our Vidhana Soudha which has now become a traffic jam centre...

Maan, 60-90s hindi films shooting had only one place to head - Bangalore & outskirts...

Abhi
Old 30th July 2007, 21:05   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Hey nice drive GD, Is this the Gabbar's hill which we see from SH17 just before entering Ramanagaram...

Whenever I watch Sholay, it is that Yeh Dosti song which was sung on the road infront of Big banyan tree....The other day I bumped into the film Raja Hindustani, that first song was sung on the Mysore Road (our old 2 laned beauty road) also I felt some part of the song was also shot on the Nanjangud - Gundlupet stretch as well....

Mard and Toofan were fully shot in Talakkad, Shivasamudram...It was also nice to see Govinda dancing for Mein to Raste se ja raha tha in front of our Vidhana Soudha which has now become a traffic jam centre...

Maan, 60-90s hindi films shooting had only one place to head - Bangalore & outskirts...

Abhi
Oh Man, you looked to be a encyclopedia of hindi movies. looks like you follow the bollywood very closely.

Quote:
Did you manage to bump into any Basanti's ? :P
LoL, we already had at least 20 basantis in our team

cheers
Old 30th July 2007, 22:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Oh Man, you looked to be a encyclopedia of hindi movies. looks like you follow the bollywood very closely.
No it is the other way round, i follow the road closely on which i drove , so whenever I see any such stuffs / sequence in the TV, I can identify it...

I even forgot names of the older movies where shooting site looked very familiar to me... The other day, while changing channels i entered setmax where Rajesh Khanna was dancing with Jayaprada in Gaganchukki falls in Shivasamudram at the following place:

Pic taken by me during a bike trip in Oct2004:

My friend posing

Abhi
Old 31st July 2007, 10:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

GD, is there a resort/place to eat around it, what if you dont plan to do all those adventure sports but want to do a quick day trip with family and back in the evening .
Old 31st July 2007, 11:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
GD, is there a resort/place to eat around it, what if you dont plan to do all those adventure sports but want to do a quick day trip with family and back in the evening .
You can only book this place if you are group of at least 10-150 people for getting a good deal. Booking is only done for holidays and weekends. I am not sure if this place have decent resorts/hotels nearby for families.

For details for this club, you can check out this site.
Venture Adventure Club (V.A.C)-The Spirit of Adventure

Kamat at Ramnagaram ( around 5 km from this place ) is best for eating out. Not sure about other restaurant nearby.
Old 31st July 2007, 11:44   #9
BHPian

GD, you guys didn't go to the hill-top temple nearby and night-trek?
Old 31st July 2007, 11:53   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
GD, you guys didn't go to the hill-top temple nearby and night-trek?
Came back early, as I had some urgent work in bangalore.
But my friends told me that night trek was cancelled as it started raining heavily at 5.00pm.
cheers
Old 31st July 2007, 12:03   #11
Team-BHP Support

Greatdrive. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I am planning my next trip to this place. What were the costs involved? Anyone joining me for a trek?
Old 31st July 2007, 12:08   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Greatdrive. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I am planning my next trip to this place. What were the costs involved? Anyone joining me for a trek?
check out this site.
Venture Adventure Club (V.A.C)-The Spirit of Adventure

This club has branches all over india, I am sure they may be having nearby mumbai/Pune

Details of tariff

Fee per participant for a minimum of 10 participants excluding transportation and food would be Rs. 500/- (food is available in nearby Dhabas and Restaurants)
Fee per participant for a minimum of 25 participants excluding transportation would be Rs. 750/-
Fee per participant for a minimum of 26 and above till 45 participants excluding transportation would be Rs. 700/-
Fee per participant for a minimum of 46 and above till 59 participants excluding transportation would be Rs. 650/-
Fee per participant for a minimum of 60 and above till 80 participants excluding transportation would be Rs. 600/-
Fee per participant for a minimum of 81 and above till 100 participants excluding transportation would be Rs. 550/-
Fee per participant for a minimum of 100 and above participants excluding transportation would be Rs. 500/-
Fee per participant for a all the activities with food and overnight stay in tent excluding transportation would be Rs. 1125/-
Old 31st July 2007, 12:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
A good place which is reasonably close that I can think of is the Kamat Lokaruchi. It is on the right side b'ween Ramnagar and Channapatna while you are going towards Mysore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks