Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
By the way care to explain how you ended up paying more than 1000 bucks on toll booths? Thats frigging to high man! So how much did the total travelling cost (that is fuel and toll both ways) worked out to be?
yes Zappo da, if you drive on GQ, toll is a significant amount, for a Chennai to kolkata run, it can be close to 400 odd bucks...
So I was not surprised when BP told nearly 1000 buck of toll...

I wrote my toll amount during my kolkata run, Let me see if i can find that book somehow it got misplaced...

Abhi
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:37   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Great report there .. BlackPearl. Yepp.. Toll plaza's are dime a dozen on the Golden quadrilateral. I had driven solo from Vizag to Chennai on this stretch in 2004. First thing these contractors do is build the toll plaza and collect the toll even if the stretch is half complete. Can live with that though, the highway is really amazing.
exactly, considering the quality of roads it does does not hurt to pay the tolls. and IMO the savings on FE due to the smooth stretches should also be considered .
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Went out for a drive at night in front of the beach when suddenly a white civic with snazzy alloys comes up to my side and did some wheelspins. It was so inviting that I immediately responded by shifting to second and blasting through the nearly empty road of peaceful Vizag. Went about two kilometers and then let the guy go past me. I took a u turn but this guy was hell bent upon racing. He came back and circled several times revving the car hard and doing some wheelspins. But could not tempt me any further .. lol...

Thanks Suman. But considering 0-100 timings the stock civic is no match for the Baleno. after 100 or 120 kmph I am not sure what will happen.
i think he was tempted only after he saw that shiny thingy at the rear of the Baleno or heard the loud/sweet/ tempting exhaust note. but never the less - its actually hard to stop yourself from doing a small run - its good that you let him pass - why spoil the entire fun of the trip because of the guy - IMO.

beta - change your tyres first. your baleno definitely needs new/better shoes - but take your time.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 22nd August 2007 at 13:50.
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great travelogue, BlackPearl. Keep travelling...and keep writing!
You've evoked nostalgic feelings in me, esp Hyd, Vizag, Chilka lake,Bhubaneswar, etc.

By the way, where the heck is "Barbeque Nation" ---I live in Hyd for past 5 years and never got to see this place.
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, its near Jubilee Hills check post. or was it near road no. 12 Oris Banjara?
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:54   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Great travelogue, BlackPearl. Keep travelling...and keep writing!
You've evoked nostalgic feelings in me, esp Hyd, Vizag, Chilka lake,Bhubaneswar, etc.

By the way, where the heck is "Barbeque Nation" ---I live in Hyd for past 5 years and never got to see this place.
Its on Banjara Hills. If you go from Khairatabad Flyover side you have to take the right turn after getting down from the flyover (not the immediate right which goes towards Somajiguda). You have to cross Fortune Ford on left side of the road and take the first left turn after that. Then follow the road for a few minutes and you have Taj Krishna on the left (or right .. lol) and the road becomes steeper here. This road meets road number one (if I am not mistaken) and you have to take left from the 3 point crossing. You have to travel for 2 mins and you will reach Barbeque Nation on your left side.
@Zappo, please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Its on Banjara Hills. If you go from Khairatabad Flyover side you have to take the right turn after getting down from the flyover (not the immediate right which goes towards Somajiguda). You have to cross Fortune Ford on left side of the road and take the first left turn after that. Then follow the road for a few minutes and you have Taj Krishna on the left (or right .. lol) and the road becomes steeper here. This road meets road number one (if I am not mistaken) and you have to take left from the 3 point crossing. You have to travel for 2 mins and you will reach Barbeque Nation on your left side.
Awesome...how can you be so immaculate in giving directions to a place where you visited only once...and that too in a city where you stayed for few days...I remember those days when you use to say that you were really bad in road navigation...seems we have a new Black Pearl from Hyderabad
Old 22nd August 2007, 16:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I guess it must be near Care Hospital and Tabla restaurant. Or somewhere near Fusion9.
Thanks, BlackPearl.
As reg your doubt, it is Taj Deccan on the right,after which the road becomes real steep. When you take the left turn at Rd # 1 junction, you have Taj Krishna at your immediate left.
Since you are from Cal, I fondly remember my 6 months in College Street decades ago. Not to mention the rossogullas in KC Das, Ganguram, Sen Mahasoy, and on Park Street's roadside.
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:42   #24
BHPian

@BlackPearl - Great writeup & beautiful pictures. Drove down from Kolkata to Vizag & back in a Tata Sumo several years ago. It cost us 4K for the diesel, no toll. There were 2 familes (8 people) in the vehicle.
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:54   #25
BHPian

very very neat write up. its interestin, and also temptin......
Old 22nd August 2007, 19:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue Blackpearl, good descriptions, good to know you met up with fellow BHPians and must have had a geat time. Keep travelling!
Old 22nd August 2007, 20:11   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One last thing I would like to mention is that in Hyderabad after getting down the Bashirbag Flyover (please correct me if I am wrong) saw 10 identical red Contessas modified as convertibles. Can anybody from TBHP Hyderabad please throw some light on this?
That was a great report BP. Its unfortunate that i could not meet you. you are absolutely right about those cars, after you get down that flyover and go about 100 meters on the right hand side you will find these red cars. I am seeing them from dogs year's parked there. Feel sorry to see them in that state, though mind you they are almost gleaming. They are now used only for marriage parties and prefered mostly by the muslim community. They are just about ok for a slow marriage procession
Old 22nd August 2007, 21:24   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Zappo, please correct me if I am wrong.
Ekdum perfect... you are really fast yaar. one description of the roads to take, and you seem to remember it for eternity.
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:43   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That was a great report BP. Its unfortunate that i could not meet you.
So you were the one down with fever? dont worry, I have already started planning for another drive down south for the second half of Touring Car championship in December (saw in the other thread that there will be a 2nd leg).. . Will meet up then.. hope my wife does not come to hear about this plan beforehand
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:46   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Ekdum perfect... you are really fast yaar. one description of the roads to take, and you seem to remember it for eternity.
Arre Sir, I am not flattering but the way you give road directions anybody will remember it. Those who know me will vouch that the credit entirely goes to you ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks